How often to you weight yourself?

p1gemmalsm81

Hi all, I am new to this forum.

I have just started taking xenical (started saturday) and just wondered how often you weigh yourself?

I have to go to the docs once a month and if there is a loss on the scales my doc will continue to give me a prescription for xenical.

Now a month is a long time and I decided I would weigh myself every saturday just to see that I am making progress.

Gem xx

Hi, I think weekly is a healthy weigh in opportunity! I weight almost daily and I know there are others on here that are in a similar position - however, it does get obsessive so I'd stick to weekly, if you can!

No, I did at the beginning - but I had a lot to loose! (I have lost 11st 9lbs over 15 months) Now I find weighing everyday more of a hindrance and my weight can fluctuate 3/4lbs (up and down) during the course of a week - I wish I could stay off of them for a week! X

I weigh monthly. I used to only get weighed by my GP, but I don't see her any more, so I weigh myself at home monthly. :) xx

Yep, I aimed for 12st 12lbs and am now 12st 3lbs - I am pleased with that! How much have you got to loose?

6 Stone! I am tried weight watchers, slimming world etc and am good for a bit but I get bored and end up more heavier then when I started.

Xenical is really my only hope. Really motivated and trying very hard.

X

Heeeellloooo i also just got prescribed orlistat today! I will start tomorrow :) I have about 4-5 ans half stone to lose xx hoping to lose most of it this year:) xx good luxk to you xx

I weigh myself every morning I just can't help it, but on a saturday I use that weight whatever it is and enter it on mfp.... But to be honest if I have put on from the day before then I work harder during my workout and if I have lost I get such a buzz that makes me workout harder so to be honest I just don't loose lol. I started on the 4th of feb and have never put on weight come Sat when I weigh in, it seems to do up and down during the week. When I first started on Xen I really watched what I ate as regards to fat 5g rule and I now I don't follow that but still eat low fat but sometimes will sneak in chips once in a while.:D

Back