How to get through this week?

CH1987

Hello! First Post, although I have been reading this site for the past couple of weeks!

So week 2 of weight watchers propoints and I have a nightmare week coming up in terms of eating out. I am out for indian tomorrow night, mexican on Wednesday night and Chinese for Friday lunch and again on Saturday evening.

This is an extreme week, but with the nature of my work I do end up eating out usually about twice a week. Can anybody give me some tips about the best way to get through this and still keep doing weight watchers, ideally without avoiding food for the rest of the days when I need to eat out!

I am currently 18st and have a daily allowance of 40pts and follow an ovo-lacto-vegetarian diet, I am generally struggling to stay within my points daily even when I am not out, I usually end up going a few points into my weekly allowance everyday and still sometimes feel hungry, so any general advice would be helpful.

Thank-You and sorry for the long post!

Hi CH1987

I know what you mean about hectic weeks!! I have my OHs birthday on Wednesday but have decided we will eat out at Harvester (have pre-worked out my points lol and thats 18pp so if i don't snack during the day then ill stay within my daily points).
Then Friday is a night out with my best mate - so cocktails and alcohol will affect my points!
And then Mothers Day on Sunday we are going to a Fayre & Square pub and can't even find the Nutritional Info so have no idea what to have. Plus its the day before Weigh in too....

The only thing I can suggest is do your research. Plan ahead what meals are the better meals to have at places you're likely to eat at. For instance, Valentines Day we ate at Nandos and I KNEW ahead of time that I could have chicken burger and ratatouille side with frozen yogurt dessert in order to stay within my points. No panicking or going off track. So if you haven't already, get the eating out guide, or get on esource (or this website, people here are amazing at helping others!) and make a little file of 'Where To Eat' and 'What to Eat'.

Try not to avoid food, but if you know you're going out then have 'healthier options' such as fruit or low point food during the day.

Don't worry about going into your weeklies - that is what theyre there for! Some people lose best by using all their weeklies. Some don't. Its trial and error. In the last few weeks I've found that i can still lose when using most of them... but by only using a few each week I lose alot more.

If you're struggling to stick within your daily amount, then reasses what you are eating. Try having more filling and healthy foods to keep you going for longer!

Best of luck xx

Hiya, have you got the eat out book? It's good for ideas of the best things to choose so you can plan what to eat before you get there rather than looking at menu in horror, vegetarian options are lowest points in most foods so u have a good start, having plenty of fruit and raw veggies to hand are good for snacking on or for breakfast as they are free pp.
If you haven't got the books if you ask on here there are ppl who have found the pp out :)
Just realised I am just repeating what bugs bunny has written lol

I had an indian last night. I had chicken shaslick and 1/2 pilau rice with 2tbsp of curry for 19pp it was gorgeous.

Thank-you all so much for the advice, I really appreciate it!

I have ordered the Eating Out guide and am just waiting for it to arrive in the post... hopefully it will before Wednesday, as I think Mexican is going to be the worst as it is soooo cheesy, it is an upmarket place so I am hoping that there are some healthier options.

TBH this week is only a disaster because is is my birthday on Friday and I had made all these plans before I decided to join WW.

The place I am going to tonight, I have no clue hhow I am going to calculate PP as they don't have any nutritional info, or a proper menu for that matter! There's a whole bunch of us going so I guess a bit of everything. I have only eaten 10pp so far today so I am going to count the remaining 30 as my dinner and hope it is accurate!

If not then just make estimated guesses. Search this forum (assuming you don't have esource?) or this website Home - for more info on general food you might eat tonight. Just so you're not going in blindly :)

Quick Update on how it is going with 1/2 the terrible week gone!

Sunday night was OK, I had eaten a 0pp soup for lunch and my breakfast was 10pp so I had 30pp to play with. Shared a bit of other peoples starters and had 1/2 a curry with the naan bread so counted that meal as 35pp which in hindsight is looking a bit low?

Wednesday was less good, Mexican turned into pizza and it was followed by copious amounts of alcohol. I had also had a Subway for lunch and some porridge with milk for breakfast. The day ended up totaling 80pp!!! (Eeeeek!! All my weeklies gone! Have to be super careful today now with weigh in tomorrow)

Lunch today is at a noddle place so I figure sticking to a nice veggie chow mein will make sure I keep within my points.

Tomorrow I will get my new allocation of weeklies so I thankfully my birthday dinner will count in that. I am planning to have Sweetcorn soup with egg in rather than chicken, some brocoli and asparagus cooked in a salt, pepper and chili batter (fried I would guess), vegetable pancake rolls (like the aromatic duck but with diced veg instead) and some vegetarian singapore noodles (and maybe also a spoonful of Egg fried rice, but will hopefully resist that!) Any advice on how to calculate propoints on these items as they do not appear in the eating out guide?

Thank-You

Back