How to make up packs cold?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Petal01, 15 April 2007 Social URL.

1. Petal01

Petal01 Still Climbing That Hill!

Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Hi all,

This mabye a bit of a silly question but how do i make up the packs cold??

I have since i started had all my packs hot, when made up cold are they not lumpy? cause i couldn't stand that, yuk!! But now it's coming in summer i would like a cool drink now & then.

Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lindylou

lindylou Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I add a pack to 1/2 pint cold water and 4 or 5 ice cubes and whizz it up in a blender for a couple of minutes - almost fills a pint glass and if you drink it through a straw it can last ages :D !!

4. MissPiggyFi

MissPiggyFi somebody shrink me

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet USA
    Use a blender hun!!!

A hand mixer is about a fiver, and will do the job perfectly- makes the shakes nice and frothy.

I alternate between hand mixer and blender, depending on where i am. I got my blender in asda for less than a tenner and it's great. Try whizzing up some ice with your water into a vanilla shake with a little bit of coffee in.... mmmmmmm bliss!!

5. MissPiggyFi

MissPiggyFi somebody shrink me

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet USA
    posted at the same time lol

could have just said 'ditto'

6. lindylou

lindylou Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Great minds think alike!! :D

7. Petal01

Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Thanks guys :)

I Still havn't been brave enough to try any cold yet, i don't want to waste a pack :rolleyes: Mostly i have chocolate packs made into hot chocolate :D:D:D loverlyyy but obviously i can't do that all through summer i have promised myself to try one tonight, hmmm we will see lol.

8. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    Do try them cold Tracie, some of the shakes taste completely different when made cold. I never really liked the choc mint hot, but cold whizzed up with ice into a long drink is so much nicer.

If you buy one extra pack from your CDC next visit at least if you didn't like it you wouldn't be a meal short, worth a go, especially if this lovely weather continues. :)

9. Petal01

Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    WW

Hi MD thanks,

I think it's more psycological for me a hot drink lasts longer ie fills you up more where as a cold drink i would have it gone in a second and think i hadn't had anything at all!! if that makes sense :rolleyes:

Any how i had a vanilla shake half an hour ago (hot lol) with a spoonfull of Mocha Orange Boaters Coffee and it was really nice, it wasn't all that warm here today so having my shakes hot isn't a problem just now, but in the past couple of day's when the weather was warmer i was hankering after a large cold pint of lager :rolleyes::rolleyes: but that was a big no no so a very cold Cambridge shake came second but wasn't sure how to make them up hence this thread then i had no ice, typical!! If it's warm tomorrow i will try a cold fruits of the forrest shake me thinks
    :)

10. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    I'm sure if you close your eyes a cold butterscotch or Toffee & Walnut will taste almost exactly the same as a pint of lager ;) :p

11. Frumpster

Frumpster Becoming Un-Frumpy!

Diet:
    Cambridge 790
    Ooooh Tracie, the banana packs whizzed up with water and ice are so scrummy! It's my fave meal of the day. :) I tried a Vanilla pack cold, but didn't like it.

I look forward to my icy banana drink at lunchtime, then a Vanilla muffin mid afternoon....I actually clock watch until it's time to eat them. This diet makes you do crazy things, who would have ever seen themselves getting excited over a bit of soggy 'sponge' type mixture in a ramekin :D

12. Joeyroo

Joeyroo Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I got myself a little hand held blender they sell them for £5 in argos at the min apparently :) i use this for my soups.

For my shakes i take 8 ice cubes and put them in my smoothie maker, then add the water, then the mint choc powder and whizz it up (leaving small lumps of ice) and hey presto a frapaccino! (well thats what i tell myself anyway hehe)

13. Petal01

Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Thanks joeyroo
    Ohh a frapaccino sounds absouloute fab i must try that
    ;)

Thanks frumpster it would never have occured to me to try a banana shake hot or cold! although i love banana's i've never tried a banana drink before i have alway's thought it would be quite ickly but this sounds fab defo gonna get one next time im at Cdc.

14. Petal01

Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Hi Everyone & thanks again,

Please keep all the ideas coming we need all the variation we can get on this diet!

15. Joeyroo

Joeyroo Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    ewwwwww a cold banana shake i bet thats nice, i didnt pick any banana ones out this week, think i will try that next week :D

16. yo-yo

yo-yo Full Member

Hi Tracie

Just wondered if you've tried mix a mousse? I made one tonight and really enjoyed it - cold with the added bonus of having texture!

I also freeze my tetras and have as ice cream (ish!).

They may help keep you going through the nice weather.

BTW you mentioned boaters orange coffee earlier. I googled it and saw there are lots of lovely sounding flavours - do you know if we are allowed to have them all?

17. Petal01

Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Hi Yo Yo,

No i havn't tried mix a mousse yet don't think i would like it but i'll mabye get some next week to try.

As for the boaters coffee i think we are allowed all the flavours please don't quote me though, i know by reading her posts Ann (westhills on this site) who has lost around 10 stones used to drink it all the time so i might Pm her and ask.

Yes i have tried tetras frozen and they are great for warm day's :D:D:D

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Petal01

Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    WW

Ohh thanks for that MrsGibson and yes i agree about the shakes being too wattery when you have them hot with a little extra water. Im looking forward to having a cold shake tomorrow now ohh the things we look forward to on this diet lol.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.