How to shift the last 5lbs??

gemelli

Hey I'm getting towards my goal but I seem to have about 5lbs that won't budge! I've tried changing things around, both diet and excercise wise, I'm going to start the 30 day shred soon to see if that makes a difference, but does anyone have any tips of things they've done that have worked? Thanks!

Hi,

You've done so well in your weight loss! congratulations.

Just a thought....have you tried slimfast or anything? If you did it for 2 weeks you'd probably get that 5lb off...not sure how easy it would be to keep off but i think something like that would help! x

What about trying the wendy plan? xx

wendi plan

weigh in
day 1 - dailies + 27
day 2 - dailies + 3
day 3 - dailies + 9
day 4 - dailies + 0
day 5 - dailies + 6
day 6 - dailies + 3
day 7 - dailies + 1

You have to have your high day within 48 hours of weigh in (day 1 or 2 as listed), and you have to have different points every day. What I've just listed is an example, and you can vary to fit, the idea is to get as much variance in as possible and have a higher day with at least half of your weeklies (24). And you should restrict having too many extra points towards the end of the week, day 6 and 7 in particular.

Some people may do this without realising already. Its just a method of variance. Keeps your body guessing when your feeding it different amounts of energy and the high level day kicks your metabolism, boosts your leptin levels and keeps hunger down. The spike at beginning of the week is important for the leptin levels.

Just as a note - if you search online some of the results are based on the old points plan; you used to be able to eat less than your dailies but you CANNOT do this with the propoints plan. The weeklies we have now are the margin points you used to be able to save and carry over, what you have as a daily allowance is your absolute minimum.

I had 26 weeklies day 1 this wk then it's been varied every day one day being 0 weeklies so I will look forward to this Wi to see if I get a bigger loss! Im glad I had that Easter egg now!

This might sound sillybut are you tracking and still weighing everything? I know I get abit slack with the milk or oil :) on weeks where I try reallly hard n weigh everything it works :) good luck and well done on ur weightless so far xxx

Thanks for all the advice! Think I will try the wendie plan soon, as soon as I have done social stuff out of the way :s

I have the last 4lbs to shift until goal and it's been such a struggle just to get this far. Thinking about the Wendy plan - I wonder if that's what helped with my 3.5lbs loss this week? I had most of my weeklies within the first few days of the new week and then only over my dailies by a couple each day. Definitely something to think about. I know it's going to be like that this week too so i'll have to wait and see what next weeks WI brings. If you want to stick to WW hun, then maybe it's a good idea to try it (once all your social bits are out the way) but if you want to be at goal quickly, then doing Slim Fast might be an option. I'd be worried that the pounds will come back on though....

I am wondering if i change my wi to sat would it help me. I would like to try the wendi plan and i could have most of my weeklies on sat n sunday. Findin it very hard this time, have only lost 3lb in 6 werks sts for 3weeks.. ?

Back