How to stay motivated?

twirly09

I started this at 220lbs back in september, I got down to 205 at christmas, even though id tried very hard! went back up to 212 and am now back at 205lbs.

My dream is to get to 160lbs approx. How do i keep myself motivated, its very disheartening when i try so hard and the scales remain the same most weeks!! (and i only see a change maybe one a month)

I do go to the gym 3-4 times a week, so i wonder if im putting on muscle.

But i just want some tips :) sorry if this isnt in the right place.

I want to be about 160lbs by September, when i start my 2nd year of uni and i dont think its at all impossible as long as i stay motivated :)

thanks

Becka

perhaps limit some of your free foods to reduce your meal sizes -

superfree increase? water increase?

good luck with whatever you decide to do - and well done on the gym - you will be a lean skinny very soon! xxx

I'm at the same stage as you. I exercise alot and have now been told by my personal trainer to concentrate on the inch lost and % of body fat loss as well as I am building muscle. She's said for now to ignore the scales and focus on these. My weight has waffled round the same 1/2lb now for two months but I can tell the inches are still coming off so I can cope with that.

I'm at the point where the scales are slow moving so am focussing on inch loss at the moment too. I'm still staying on plan 100% & I do hope to get to my target weight by the summer though. I have started doing a weekly food plan which I find is easier as it takes the focus off food on a day to day basis. Before I just kept SW friendly food in the house & took it a day at a time. Now if its not on the list on the fridge I dont eat it!!!
I also have a before pic in my purse that I keep as a constant reminder of where I was & how far I have come. It definitely makes me think twice if I am tempted by something naughty or have an off day.

Good luck.

I constantly remind myself of the sexual encounter Brad Pitt has promised me when I'm 11 stone.

I have no words of wisdom, or should I say motivation. I just wanted to let you know you're not on your own in feeling this way. I too am feeling stuck. But I do have faith in the plan so I'm sticking with it and hoping things will get moving again soon.

I constantly remind myself of the sexual encounter Brad Pitt has promised me when I'm 11 stone.

Love it :D

and while youre with brad i get angelina lol

seriously though i just think my motivation is being scared of dying by being so overweight, i know that maybe morbid but its true,death scares the cr@p out of me and i want to be around for a long time

and while youre with brad i get angelina lol

I don't think she knows yet ejgemmag! He's waiting til I'm 12 stone to tell her.

Have him and Vanessa actually split then??? Heard they were on the rocks, but they always say that! (do u like how I talk as if I know them) x

Back