How to stay on track

inches

Hi
I'm new here and have had a look around and can't see any thread about this so sorry if there is one and I haven't seen it!

I'm on sw but I've had a terrible couple of weeks. No gym, have had work lunches for 3 days, have had 2 cone ice creams today and there is afternoon cakes on friday at work.

I only have about 7lb left to go to reach target and I've got 4 weeks to go before I go for my wedding dress fitting.

Does anyone use anything to help them keep on track? I know some people keep a picture of themselves at their largest on the fridge or a picture of what they want to achieve...

I'm finding it difficult to keep on track so any advice on what you all do when you're about to or have syn'd big time would be great!!

xxx

I tend to feel massively guilty after a syn binge, and sometimes the weeks where I feel like I've synned more actually end up being my better weeks! That's enough for me!

I try and stay on track using clothes. I've literally never been slim in my whole life so have never experienced how wonderful it would be to just slip on jeans and a t-shirt and leave the house, not fretting about covering my arms, disguising my thighs, flattering my huge chest etc..... I went out in january and spotted my dream dress in the sales and bought it in a size 12. I have it hanging on my wardrobe and look at it every night and imagine how incredible it will feel to fit into it. I would say that you need to pinpoint what is the strongest thing driving your weightloss - health, clothes, self confidence - and focus on that to spur you on

You know this is just my opinion so likely to be wrong, but sometimes I think fear sabotages us. Maybe when we were at our heaviest we said 'when I'm x stone I wil do....' or' I'll be happier when I'm x stone' but then we get closer to the end and realise that we still don't have the confidence we thought we'd have,and there's no diet in the world that can make you happy with life.

But challenge is what has driven mankind fir centuries, don't settle down and wait for happiness to fall into our lap, get out there and look for it.

Don't be afraid of fear, it makes you feel alive! Feel the fear and do it anyway!
7lbs to target is as near as dammit there, so head up deep breath and tell yourself how bloody clever you are, you're now slim, work on the inner confidence! Set yourself mini goals not related to weight loss. Go buy some totally impractical undies, let hubby tell you how good you look....and BELIEVE in yourself!

Shirleen said:
You know this is just my opinion so likely to be wrong, but sometimes I think fear sabotages us. Maybe when we were at our heaviest we said 'when I'm x stone I wil do....' or' I'll be happier when I'm x stone' but then we get closer to the end and realise that we still don't have the confidence we thought we'd have,and there's no diet in the world that can make you happy with life.

But challenge is what has driven mankind fir centuries, don't settle down and wait for happiness to fall into our lap, get out there and look for it.

Don't be afraid of fear, it makes you feel alive! Feel the fear and do it anyway!
7lbs to target is as near as dammit there, so head up deep breath and tell yourself how bloody clever you are, you're now slim, work on the inner confidence! Set yourself mini goals not related to weight loss. Go buy some totally impractical undies, let hubby tell you how good you look....and BELIEVE in yourself!

Couldn't agree with you more, I keep thinking when I get to target what will I have to look forward to? What can I achieve because my life is about losing weight at the moment, sad as it is!

That's why I have started training for a half marathon so I have taken the focus away from hitting my goal & more towards achieving something in fitness that is at the end of the year. By doing this, when I hit goal I know I have to stay motivated to hit my next goal.

Binges make you feel crap but were only human, try not to put so much pressure on yourself and start measuring your success in other ways like the others have said.

Back