How to work out correct calories?

hartleyhare123

Hi everyone, I'm finding it quite hard to work out calories for things like fruit n veg, trying to as much as I can for 100 cal snack! Lol
I've got my fitness pal to help, but like today, if I have a fresh peach, it gives different values, like ones 58 cals, then a bit further down it says 31 cals for a whole peach, does anyone know where I can look up quick basic cals, I don't want to be cheating myself, cos obviously I'd pick the smaller amount, but if its not true, then I'm only kidding myself! Ok thanks in advance for any help x

Apart from weighing it i struggle maybe weigh one a home and look at how many grams for calories it is

For a peach i say 50
10 cherries 50
Small apple or tangerine 50 each
Normal size apple and tangerines or banana 100

But im not 100%

To be honest its fruit i have one small piece in the morning that i dont count , i use my snacks on food im not as good as you !

ive been using google to google the calories. it then allows you to choose the size or weight of the item. Think its probably a idea to find and stick to one site for finding calories, rather than looking at many.

Hi All,
I am new to slim fast also. i am 24 and want to lose about 20lbs. Does anyone have any tips or ideas for the 100cal snacks. As i am unbale to eat certain fruits due to allergies i want to pick healthy options but veg sticks only go so far.
Hartleyhare123, i am also finding it hard to calculate the fruit calorie value, and are we able to have any 100 cal snack?
Thanks all :)

Hi All,
I am new to slim fast also. i am 24 and want to lose about 20lbs. Does anyone have any tips or ideas for the 100cal snacks. As i am unbale to eat certain fruits due to allergies i want to pick healthy options but veg sticks only go so far.
Hartleyhare123, i am also finding it hard to calculate the fruit calorie value, and are we able to have any 100 cal snack?

Hi:)
I have been on slimfast for 2 months and have found that a fruit or veg 100 cal snack keeps me fuller for longer. You are technically allowed any snack but foods which are high in sugar often don't last long enough.
Carrot sticks and pretzel are two things which I find fill me up and are low in cals and fat content.
I used to skip breakfast and not have a shake or anything but this made me hungry later so I always make sure I have a shake or porridge now!!
I'm on my fitness pal too and it is sometimes hard to get the accurate amount of calories but as long as you are roughly working out how many cals you're eating you can't go wrong!!, my name is alices11204 on there, add me as a friend :)
Good luck with your weight loss!

Hi All,

Hi look on the stickies theres a threat with loads in !

I have all sorts of snacks i never feel im missing out on anything

Hi:)
I have been on slimfast for 2 months and have found that a fruit or veg 100 cal snack keeps me fuller for longer. You are technically allowed any snack but foods which are high in sugar often don't last long enough.
Carrot sticks and pretzel are two things which I find fill me up and are low in cals and fat content.
I used to skip breakfast and not have a shake or anything but this made me hungry later so I always make sure I have a shake or porridge now!!
I'm on my fitness pal too and it is sometimes hard to get the accurate amount of calories but as long as you are roughly working out how many cals you're eating you can't go wrong!!, my name is alices11204 on there, add me as a friend :)
Good luck with your weight loss!

Hi, thanks for the reply!
i will look into the fitness pal app, sounds good; thanks for the tip!
if i miss brekki i get too hungry mid-morning, so i tend to have a shake and then it keeps me going.
i will try the veg sticks, and keep at it!
If you dont mind me asking, how have you got on with SF so far, 2 months is amazing! Well done you!

No probs ! Enjoy trying them out. I know your suppose have healthy snacks but i know if i can have a bag or crisps every other day or a chocolaty cereal bar it will keep me happy! Even 100 cals worth of jelly sweats some nights , remember theres nothing you can not have , if you want pizza have it but have one under 600 cals or share one with lots of salad obviously not every night ! But whos gonna stick to a diet thats just salad and veg ha ha !

Im almost on week 20 so its made it realistic as a long term diet

Hi, thanks for the reply!
i will look into the fitness pal app, sounds good; thanks for the tip!
if i miss brekki i get too hungry mid-morning, so i tend to have a shake and then it keeps me going.
i will try the veg sticks, and keep at it!
If you dont mind me asking, how have you got on with SF so far, 2 months is amazing! Well done you!

I have lost 10lbs with slimfast, down from 9st12 to 9st 2lb at the moment. Last week I was 9st but certain times in my cycle I gain 1-2 extra lbs.. A bit crazy really!
I've found that slimfast is a really good way to lessen your appetite and to start a complete diet change. I no longer crave sandwiches or bread at lunchtime and now only have a meal bar and one fruit. I've also been able to replace the SF bars at lunchtime with a tin of low cal soup (180cals) which is also helpful and cheaper(!)
I guess I started doing SF religiously, got the weight down to what I wanted and then worked around making my own diet fit and suit me :) it was a great starting point.. Recommend it!!
Keep at it !!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back