How will I know I'm eating enough?

daisykins

Hi,

I'm looking for a little help

Last time I used slimming world I didn't do very much exercise. The plan worked very well and I lost weight.

This time round I have to walk my children into school and playgroup. This works out at over 6 miles a day 4 days a week. So 24 miles a week. Sometimes it can be less because my son get's a lift, on those weeks it would work out to 14miles. I read somewhere a mile burns about 100 calories, don't know if this is correct?

My weight lose is slower this time. My weight is fluctuating a lot over the course of the day/week. Last week I lost 0.5lb but up till that morning it looked like I had gained 2.5lb. The same thing is happening this week, scales are reading a gain of at least 2lbs. I weight in on Thursdays and have been 100% all week.

Could my slow weight lose be down to under eating?

Right I'm off for another walk ;)

Thanks Anna :)

try upping how much food you eat..thats the only way you are going to find out if your not eating enough. Make sure you eat until you are satisfied not stuffed full.

Are you drinking enough, you are obviously walking a lot so are you drinking enough fluid to counteract the amount you are losing/using?

Plus looking at your stats you don't have much to lose, so it will get slower.

I'd make sure your having closer to 10 syns then 5, also drink plenty more.

As for the free food and superfree, if your ever hungry you should eat. You should never be hungry while on slimming world, if your hungry fill up on superfree and free food

Thanks for the reply's :)
I always find it funny when I get told I'm close to target, it always seems so far away! Think it's because it's taking years to lose a small amount!
I think the point about drinking enough is a good one. I must try to drink more water.
I do tend to have large portions at dinner time as I'm always super hungry by then.
Is it better to have large potions but not use so many syns or should I be using all my syns and having smaller potions?

Here is an outline of what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast: 35g of Alpen & semi skimmed milk
Lunch: cous cous mugshot (about 3 syns?) + grapes & carrot sticks
Snack: club bar (5.5 syns)
Dinner: Homemade cottage pie (frylight, carrots, onions,garlic,mushrooms, extra lean beef mince, potatoes, mustard powder, 2 teaspoons of cover (3 syns?)
side of sweetcorn
Was being greedy, had two helpings!
Drinks: tea x 3, 1 small bottle of water, 1 glass of berry flavored zero pop

I suppose I can see from writing out my food, it's a bit naughty to estimate syns. I always weigh the alpen but I dont measure the milk!

Back