How will your style change once you've lost weight?

Caz

Repeat Offender
I was thinking as I was driving into work this morning about how I might change as I lose weight. I was particularly thinking about my 'style', you know, how I do my hair, what clothes I wear etc. To be honest what I wear now is a mix of what I like and that fits/is flattering. Not entirely sure what my style would be but it would be different. What about the rest of you, thought about it?

I guess I wear whatever I want anyway apart from top half

Think Il wear my shorts and patterned items once I'm at goal

Once I have my op Oo I can't wait to wear shirts and dresses!!

I feel really frumpy in the clothes i wear now. I cant wait to be able to just wear clothes that just sit nice on me and feel good about myself. X

Won't be long hun :)

I live in spandex mostly due to being lazy!! Leggings , bodycon dresses, longline vests... All skintight lycra

Be nice to get structured stuff, shirts and dresses etc once I'm at goal and have my reduction :)

I didn't think about it much until it happened. I had always been large and never been into clothes and stuff. It was a big surprise to me when I started to get into it! I love how I can express my personality through clothes. I like to wear slightly quirky things a lot of the time. I've just had my hair cut short too - it's quite sassy (as my husband puts it) and is far more practical for going to the gym - something which wouldn't have been a consideration at the start either...

Mine didn't really change. I still wear a lot of my old hoodies and stuff! I'm more comfortable when I go out with the girls as I don't feel like 'the fat one' anymore, and if I want to wear a tiny dress or skirt I can... But I'm still more comfortable in my jeans and t shirts!

I would like to be less frumpy too. I buy a lot of clothes because i love them, find they don't fit or just look awful and then revert back to something a bit more mumsy again. I might have an 18yr old and a 16yr old but I am a young at heart 43yr old and want to be modern and fun again

I think about this all the time!
I brought a few pairs of nice high leg boots (legs to fat to fit atm) and some size14 skinny jeans and that's something I've never worn before so looking forward to that. Once I hit 12 stone something I'm having my hair done as I've been cutting my hair myself for years lol and it's a state. I won't let myself have a style or enjoy clothes or hair or anything until I lose weight - its like style is put on hold till until I reach goal lol

Fitted clothes instead of loose and baggy - show off my figure rather than try & hide it x

Absolutely agree with JanBow!I used to wear a lot of maxi dresses as I thought they made me look better as they hid the fat. My husband has said since I got smaller that watching for me to walk down the station platform while picking me up when I was wearing them - especially the red one - was like watching a big fat telephone box! He said they did nothing for me - and now I can see he was right although I couldn't at the time.I now like to wear more fitted, smaller clothes and love that I now don't look quite so bad in them.Am still trying to lose the weight I had put back on again but loved being able to wear knee length dresses and skirts for work - especially when working in hotter climates when travel overseas. Can't wait to get to goal and be able to wear anything I like and shop anywhere I like too - that has to be one of the best things about losing weight - being able to shop in "normal" shops. Although am still at higher end of sizes, it is great to be able to buy clothes in Per UNa in M&S. I now actually look in Evans and think everythig looks baggy and shapeless.

I didn't dare wear anything structured or tops that didn't cover my bum. Now I'm seeing my style evolving into: flirty wrap dresses, fitted tops and fitted trousers (rather than baggy linens). And I'm gonna have a go at knee high boots when I get to 150lbs :)

I'm going to see when I get there. I went from 17 stone to 12.9 several years ago and wore stuff that was quite low cut and fitted, tight jeans to show off the legs etc. don't feel I really want to this time. Maybe cos I'm now past 40 and have a toddler I just want to dress well for my age. I like Seasalt and Boden, just want to be able to dress well. Will still wear my tight jeans and long boots and strut my stuff when I feel like it though. It's nice to know I'd have a choice. When I was busting out of my size 20s nothing fit and nothing looked good. Am going to go clothes shopping when at goal :)

Hi guys,
I am new here in slim & save (will start it in a couple of weeks but I did lipotrim some years ago and kept the weight off, just gained a bit on this past months so I am eager to try S&S)
I've always been very vain, but being obese there was a limit to what I would wear it was always dark jeans and long sweaters and when I started losing weight things started changing..
It did take me a while to get off jeans but one I tried on a mini skirt I became a different person, I wear bodycon dresses all the time or just leggins a top and leather jackets
I feel uncomfortable with jeans now

I'm going to see when I get there. I went from 17 stone to 12.9 several years ago and wore stuff that was quite low cut and fitted, tight jeans to show off the legs etc. don't feel I really want to this time. Maybe cos I'm now past 40 and have a toddler I just want to dress well for my age. I like Seasalt and Boden, just want to be able to dress well. Will still wear my tight jeans and long boots and strut my stuff when I feel like it though. It's nice to know I'd have a choice. When I was busting out of my size 20s nothing fit and nothing looked good. Am going to go clothes shopping when at goal :)

I love Boden, when I lost my weight last time with CD I spent on a fortune on Boden clothes, none of which now fit - however that will all change soon & I'm so looking forward to getting them back out the wardrobe in the spare room! x

A total restyle I think ill go to Mac make-up to have a makeover, get high and low lights to liven me up, I want my wardrobe to be full of colour, reds greens yellows (maybe not together though), fitted jeans, and leggings and a few sexy dresses, jajaja! It will be fun having a style again after 3 years of jogging bottoms and oversized cover up clothes!

I love bright colours with bold patterns with a pair of black trousers or skirt, just something to stand out a little! At the moment I go for all black and long, shapeless tops, so am desperate to get into something slinky and colourful

I've always loved clothes and knew what I wanted to wear but when I was size 22 I had to compromise all the time so I never felt really like 'me'. Getting to size 10 was the most liberating thing ever! The best thing about it is being able to choose things that reflect my personality rather than just whatever fits or camouflaged effectively. Been a size10/12 for over a year and the novelty doesn't wear off :)

(currently getting back to a 10 after some holiday indulgences!!)

the lightest ive been is a stone lighter than now, and I was so much more relaxed about what I wore, everything seemed to look good it was amazing!
when I was bigger I would always try very hard and wore dresses and things, but since losing weight I started dressing more plain at times.
I used to wear a big hoodie (well size 12 so not that big!) and it didnt look like I was hiding a load of rolls as I wasnt! and I could wear a big furry coat on top and not look like a big fat ball of fur!
I loved wearing my little denim shorts too, so simple but nice

Brilliant question! I LOVE high waisted trousers! I wear them at the moment, but only really to help hold my flappy belly in, I want to wear them with shirts tucked in and belts....Hmm let me think what else?.... Like many others have said, fitted stuff. I want to stay modest (for my faith) but also dress a little more like a 24 year old! CANT WAIT!!

Lucky you Spanglymum that must be great, I so miss going shopping in "regular" shops and just picking something that I love from the rack!! such a great feeling and one that I look forward to again

Back