Total Solution HowardSpanner's weightloss journey

Hi. I'm on day 5 of exante total solution. I've been so good and have done it 100%! Usually when I've tried to just "cut down" on various food stuffs or calories I've ended up picking because "it's only a couple of crisps" etc. which ends up being far more than picking :rolleyes: so I'm so proud of myself having complete will power to have my shakes and ONLY my shakes. No sneaky licking of fingers whilst I'm getting supper for my boys ready. No pinching a crisp. No "bite" of a sausage from the fridge.

Yesterday my brother turned up with a cooked breakfast (well...he had the things to make a cooked breakfast. How incredible would it be if someone actually turned up at your house with a piping hot cooked breakfast...?! :D) I resisted, even though the smell was beyond yumminess!!

Today I've been out with my friend for lunch and managed on black earl grey. Watching him and my son eat didn't make me feel remotely hungry. I think I've just gone off food generally...thank goodness!

I'm planning on doing a month on Total solution and then reassessing. If I've lost over a stone then I think I'll change to Atkins for the remainder of the weight (as it's so expensive to stay on it) but if I have further to go then I'll want to do another month.

My OH is completely behind me on this, although I still have to cook all his meals! :sigh:

3 days in I'd lost 2lb, which is brilliant as I'm a very slow loser generally. I'm refraining from weighing myself again until weigh in day....Thursday morning.

Good luck to everyone else, be you starting now, halfway through or nearing the end!

Thank you both!!

This morning I found it really hard to get up and when I did I was seriously dizzy/fuzzy eyed! *note to self.....get up slower*

I made this morning's chocolate shake into a frothy mocha and oh lordy it's incredible! Far better than when I've tried to make one with hot chocolate and coffee!! I can't stand black coffee and have been caffeine free for the past 5 days, but really needed that! I'm going to try with the vanilla one tomorrow.....even I'm not desperate enough to try the banana and strawberry ones with coffee!! :D

Tummy's been a bit grumbly today. Not too bad though, so I just drank my water and got on with it. The pangs left as quickly as they came.

I've never been much of a water drinker and the first day I found it really hard to get 2 litres down (not including the shakes). Now I find it ridiculously easy! Woop, woop!!

Thanks. I'm trying to stay away from coke zero and flavours as I think for me it's important to drink more water. Pre diet I'd have a few cups of Earl Grey tea a day and the odd glass of wine, which is a shocking amount of liquid. If I have coke or similar then I will drink tons of it, which I don't feel is healthy, although is liquid.

I'm finding the water easy...I'm just shocked at how much I was under-drinking! I must have been so dehydrated without realising...probably leading me to eat more because my body was sending wrong signals that I was hungry.

Oooh...also, it's my first weigh in tomorrow! I'm hoping for 4-5lbs this week....! Stuck to it 100%, so even with my tendency to lose weight slowly, I'm hoping that's realistic!

Week 1: 4lb

Not sure why I lose weight so slowly compared to everyone else, but I'm happy with that. In perspective it could have taken me a month on a different diet! I just hope for a regular loss over the next three weeks and then see what I do from there.

Maybe I should aim for over 3 litres a day if it helps the weight loss! Good idea!

I took my measurements before I started! I'll measure again today and see! You're right...inch loss is far better than the actual weight!

I tried on a dress that was uncomfortably tight when I wore it 3 weeks ago fits perfectly now, so it's definitely working! I generally have an issue with my thighs and hips though, so will have to try with a pair of jeans that were slightly uncomfortable!!

I love your idea of mini goals....if I lose faith then I might have to do that!!

I've done my measurements and in 1 week I've lost:

1.5 inches off my bust and hips
1 inch off my waist and under bust
0.5 inches off my thighs and calfs!

I'm chuffed to pieces.

Well done for staying 100% I lost 5lbs on my first week and 2 on my second, despite always having lost around 9 previously on such diets. I was soooo disappointed, but when I checked my measurements I had lost many inches. This really kept me on track, and in the end my total first month loss was around 1 stone 4 lbs I think.

Thank you both!!

This morning I found it really hard to get up and when I did I was seriously dizzy/fuzzy eyed! *note to self.....get up slower*

I made this morning's chocolate shake into a frothy mocha and oh lordy it's incredible! Far better than when I've tried to make one with hot chocolate and coffee!! I can't stand black coffee and have been caffeine free for the past 5 days, but really needed that! I'm going to try with the vanilla one tomorrow.....even I'm not desperate enough to try the banana and strawberry ones with coffee!! :D

i tried the vanilla one with coffee today, was yummy :) not too keen on vanilla shake cold by itself

Back