• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

HRM / Calories Burned

DustQueen

Gold Member
Hi I wasn't sure where to ask this so have posted here and in the calorie counting section.
I am interested it purchasing a HRM to get a more accurate idea of how many calories I'm burning and have been a little confused by conflicting reviews etc online so wanted to know what people had bought these thought?
- Do you gave a HRM?
- Do you believe it accurately tracks your calories?
- Would you recommend it?
Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Elemental

Chasing the Rainbow
I have one but have yet go round to working it out. I might do it tomorrow though as the gym machines say my calories are way different to my fitness pal's estimations. But i figured the machines don't know how much I weigh, and i'm too lazy to put it in.....

I will let you know how it fairs tomorrow!

DustQueen

Gold Member
Elemental said:
I have one but have yet go round to working it out. I might do it tomorrow though as the gym machines say my calories are way different to my fitness pal's estimations. But i figured the machines don't know how much I weigh, and i'm too lazy to put it in.....

I will let you know how it fairs tomorrow!

Thanks elemental, which one do you have?

Elemental

Chasing the Rainbow
haha good question!
My hubby bought it for me last valentines day and i shoved it in the cupboard in such a sulk because i was expecting him to propose, turns out he was ........ but i was sulking so badly it was kinda ruined lol. We're married now and the dam thing is still in the cupboard, probably because of the bad memories!!! lol

I will give you a little report when i've used it tomorrow morning, i will tell you what make it is etc, i don't think it was expensive as it wasnt my real present :D

DustQueen

Gold Member
Elemental said:
haha good question!
My hubby bought it for my last valentines day and i shoved it in the cupboar in such a sulk because i was expecting him to propose, turns out he was ........ but i was sulking so badly it was kinda ruined lol. We're married now and the dam thing is still in the cupboard, probably because of the bad memories!!! lol

I will give you a little report when i've used it tomorrow morning, i will tell you what make it is etc, i don't think it was expensive as it wasnt my real present :D

Lmao sounds like something I would do :) thanks for the help :)

alwyn

Silver Member
I have one of the Polar HRMs - they're expensive but I think worth the money. I used it on a skiing holiday last year and discovered that I burn nearly 2000 cals a day while skiing!

They're pretty accurate and I find the strap fairly comfortable.