HRT and CD weight loss!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Hedgemag, 16 August 2007 Social URL.

1. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Just wondering if anyone is on HRT and whether it affects your weightloss..:confused:
    I am starting it next week and am a bit concerned that it may affect loss. In the imformation leaflet in pills one of the side effects can be weight gain:(
    Hope not, it's hard enough losing weight as it is.:(
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Linda5111

Linda5111 I can do this.

slim and save
    Hi Maggie.. cant really answer ur question although some HRT does make u gain weight, wich is the reason for my refusing to have it. I would rather put up with the hot flushes than gain weight right now,lol. But u can alway's give it a try and if u gain, ask ur GP to change it. It's trial and error until u find one that agree's with u.Good luck.
  4. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Thanx Linda
  5. Heaven can wait

Heaven can wait Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    Lighter Life Total
    I have been on Hrt since 1992 , and if you had asked me before I lost 5 stone SS ing I would have said yep it bloody does make you put on weight, but to be honest it hasnt affected my weight loss SSing at all. I have lost 5 stone since 23 rd March, so I shoudnt think its made a scrap of difference.
  6. tishtosh

tishtosh Hopeful for the future

Hi Maggie,

I started HRT about a month after starting LL, and had a couple of weeks with only a pound off but since then I haven't noticed any problems - just less hot flushes! And that's a welcome relief.

You need to ask yourself why you want to start HRT: I was having more than 10 hot flushes a day and now I get 1-2, sometimes none a day, so I'm well pleased. I figured it was a good time to start as I was on a diet that was bound to work - and it is.

Good luck Maggie
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.