H's loss with a new attitude

spiritof61

Hello Everyone. I'm not new to Atkins but have been yo yo ing with it for the last few years. It always works for me but it always made me ill, so I gave up. I since discovered I am intolerant of dairy produce, wheat (no problem) and eggs. Now I know what I can't have, I am back on the Atkins lifestyle and enjoying it. I tried SW for a while but lost very little weight. I know I am fairly carb intolerant so it didn't work very well for me. I've learnt the hard way - having bad days and undoing all the hard work. Now I am ready again and armed with the knowledge of what I can eat, all is going well. :)

H

Welcome back to Atkins H - especially now you know what the problem foods are for you :)

Susie

Last edited:
Good luck with it H ... And understanding our intolerances is the start of it! :)

Had a good weekend and not feeling tempted by the old carb habits. I'm a bit disappointed as I've had to 'up' the steroids due to a chest infection. It'll probably slow the loss for while but if I can get the dose down eventually, I'll have a nice whoosh!

Poor you! Sorry to hear about the chest! Hope it clears up soon x

Thanks for the kindness. Despite the steroids I'm down 0.2kg and feeling much better. Clothes are getting looser, so all is going well.:)

I have to stop weighing myself. I'm losing the same pound over and over at the moment and don't want to get discouraged. Saturday I'll be working away from home for 2 weeks, with NO scale! More water today methinks.

Weekly weighing is the best approach, hun - I know it's tempting to do it every day, but it doesn't really help to see them slide about :)

thanks & I agree. I should put the scale away and forget about it really. My two weeks away without a scale will hopefully break the habit.

Back after a two week stint of teaching. Residential food is definitely not Atkins friendly, but I did what I could and the scales are the same as before I left. I'm really pleased about this. Back on the wagon now and restarting properly tomorrow :)

Well done on staying the same - that's definitely a victory if you've been at the mercy of residential food!

Good luck with the restart! :)

thanks for the encouragement. I had been hoping to log in over the past fortnight but the day finished around 9 with prep for the next still to do. It was certainly a nice surprise not to add any weight back. :)

thanks for the welcome back moonlights and everyone. I had a lovely surprise this morning when the scales dropped to 15st 9lbs! Yay! I cracked a stone in weight and now in double figures in kilo's! :) I've promised myself when I reach 7 kilo loss I'll join the gym - it's getting close - yikes!!!!

That's excellent, spirit...a whole stone gone! :D

You're obviously very well suited to this way of eating, so keep it up and you'll be at the gym in no time (rather you than me, lol :p:D)

Back