• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

HSG Exam Tomorrow... Do I Need to take Pills ?

Squirly1522

S: 20st0lb C: 18st1lb G: 14st4lb BMI: 61 Loss: 1st13lb(9.64%)
Hey I have my HSG exam tomorrow. And I was told to some pills called DoxyCycline a day before my exam. The pills however are kinda big and I have a hard time swallowing it. Do I really need to take these pills ?

Has any one taken their HSG exam with OUT taking this medication and everything was ok ? Please let me Know

Thanks

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Lexie_dog

UNLEASHING THE BEAST!
S: 15st12.5lb C: 15st9lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 35.3 Loss: 0st3.5lb(1.57%)
It's a prophylactic anti biotic. I assume prophylactic as you haven't mentioned any infections. I would take them as you don't want to get a skelping infection.

To swallow them, don't tip you head back this makes the tablet float, instead take a big mouthful of juice and tip your head forward so the tablet floats to the back of your mouth.

Hope this helps.

LeleQ1987

G: 13st3lb
Hey I have my HSG exam tomorrow. And I was told to some pills called DoxyCycline a day before my exam. The pills however are kinda big and I have a hard time swallowing it. Do I really need to take these pills ?

Has any one taken their HSG exam with OUT taking this medication and everything was ok ? Please let me Know

Thanks

Good luck with your HSG. I have mine this month & am feeling very apprehensive about it
xxxx