Huge thank you minimins

Karen.hat

Silver Member
Im not good at writing stuff down infact I'm not good at showing/sharing my emotions at all. I think this is due to the fact that mental health has a lot of stigma associated to it.

Some of you know, most of you don't know that I have Bipolar. God that was hard. But it's done now, my life is so complicated my moods rapid cycle my highs are extreme at times my lows are longer and lower everytime and it's rate for me to stay in the same mood all day.

I suffered terribly throughout Jan, but didn't realise it. I was so bad my absent hubby decided he'd had enough this triggered me to post on here leading me to confess everything at my asthma review. I eventually got help and am back on meds still feeling crappy still not bothering to get dressed at times or machine gun talking at others but at least I'm safe.

The only thing that has kept me going is the fact I've managed to keep posting on here keep answering and updating routine is kep with bipolar well i cant dpeak for everyone but i know myself and I've had some awesome support from some lovely people. I'd just like to say thank you and you'll never realise how much its meant to me.

I'm still with crisis team still adjusting meds still working at slowing down but on the whole I'm here I trying oh snd ive been dressed and out the door for 10 days in a row and that is huge for me. So I'd like to say a massive thank you for the support you have given

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Karen.
Congratulations on your achievements so far! Remember you have many friends out here for support and friendship, we are all on this site to promote and help each other to achieve their own goals and sometimes just listen!
Good luck with your journey.
Pete:):):)

what a brave and touching post, i find your courage truly inspirational.

Thank you everyone, I've not posted directly about the bipolar but thought I was being dishonest by not mentioning it.

My daughter dated a boy with bi polar so I witnessed it first hand and I know how devastatingly hard it is just to function on a daily basis.

I had post natal depression - not as bad I know but still very hard to deal with. Keep on with life and try to smile and be proud of what you have achieved and achieve every day xx

Hi Karen, I don't think we've 'spoken' before but I'm glad you're getting the support you need and that you're coming through the other side. It sounds as though you're doing fab! Lots of luck for the weeks ahead xx

Well done you for speaking out. Any form of mental health issue is nothing to be ashamed of - you should be proud of yourself xx

I'm definitely coming through the otherwise again and am starting to function, I've been up and dressed before the morning is out everyday for about 11 days I've been to shop alone and I've even remembered to look in the mirror today all these for me have been huge achievements lately.
My hubby is here until tomorrow (he's based in Falklands) what I've yet to achieve is being in the house alone with a stranger. We have a workman in and I'm hiding upstairs in my bedroom, god knows why I just can't go down

Ny food choices have been allover the place too but I've still kept a diary and my syns are averaging at 27 a day. No I can't expect to Lose on that but hey I could eat lots more worse things.

Thank you for all your support. I'm sure there's lots of other people out there like me are coming through different sorts of issues and are trying to manage/lose weight gain and are so thankful for this site and the support given

Karen :)

You know you have my contact details and at any time you know where I am.

We all love ya and are here for you whenever you need us.

Well done my love, I'm proud of you!! Keep going, mucho love

Me xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Karen :)

You know you have my contact details and at any time you know where I am.

We all love ya and are here for you whenever you need us.

Well done my love, I'm proud of you!! Keep going, mucho love

Me xxxxxxxxxxxxx

cheers bev xx

everyones been so fab!|!

writing this week of syns off as im expecting a gain at wi but im ok with that ive been through so much lately one gain isnt the end of the world and i can get back to it, infact i intend getting straight back into it with a few red days as i intend to be slim, happier and healthy
for summer

You're so brave posting your first post, but you also sound so positive. Wishing you a fabulous future

:bighug:

As someone has already said, mental health issues are nothing to be ashamed of, I had an uncle with Schizophrenia, and friends who are bipolar. Myself I had severe PND and was lucky not to have been taken into foster care (I was 21 both me and my daughter would have been fostered).
Don't worry about hiding away from the workman I still do that lol!
Do you see a nurse regularly or have a friend who can keep an eye on you, that can spot the signs? I know it's very difficult to diagnose yourself.
My friend saw nothing wrong with weeding the garden at 3am, in the snow, wearing her nightie!
Anyway all the best, give the meds a chance then think about SW xxxx

Hello, I am new to the SW board so we haven't crossed paths yet, but I just wanted to say I've read your post and it sounds like you're doing so well! It's so hard to admit something is wrong and get help, but it makes things a whole lot better. I have recently been to see my doctor about problems with anxiety and I've been referred to counselling, and I didn't actually realise how common this sort of thing is.

I hope you keep posting so we can see how you're getting on :)

Well done on your achievements no matter how small they seem they are HUGE you should be so proud of yourself, well done :D

Michele x

what a courageous and touching post. Im so glad you are getting the support you need and deserve from the professionals and from the lovely people here

with love and strength x

As someone has already said, mental health issues are nothing to be ashamed of, I had an uncle with Schizophrenia, and friends who are bipolar. Myself I had severe PND and was lucky not to have been taken into foster care (I was 21 both me and my daughter would have been fostered).
Don't worry about hiding away from the workman I still do that lol!
Do you see a nurse regularly or have a friend who can keep an eye on you, that can spot the signs? I know it's very difficult to diagnose yourself.
My friend saw nothing wrong with weeding the garden at 3am, in the snow, wearing her nightie!
Anyway all the best, give the meds a chance then think about SW xxxx

i'm still under the crisis team at the minute but have been told i'll get a regular CPN that will be coming out to see me. its hard with my friends i tend to stay out the way as they are more neighbours here than friends and they are awful gossips and i cant stand the thought of those stares again.
I can totally understand the weeding in her nightie i have been known to put the bins out in my underwear, walk to a shop thats been closed down since before i moved here in next to nothing amongst lots of other silly things.

am trying with the meds but am scared i'll start feeling better again and thinking im "fixed" and stop altogether again, so i have now put letters all around the house telling myself that i do have bipolar and i wont get better alongside how i am feeling now and how scary the thought of being back there is

Hello, I am new to the SW board so we haven't crossed paths yet, but I just wanted to say I've read your post and it sounds like you're doing so well! It's so hard to admit something is wrong and get help, but it makes things a whole lot better. I have recently been to see my doctor about problems with anxiety and I've been referred to counselling, and I didn't actually realise how common this sort of thing is.

I hope you keep posting so we can see how you're getting on :)

I will definetely keep posting, and one thing i will say from past counselling is be 100% open and honest and then some... if you hide the embarrassing bits you wont get the help you need.

Back