Hullo - and "eatwater" ?

losingit

Silver Member
Don't think i've stuck my head around the door in this section yet, but since i've been atkin's-ing it for the past 6 weeks i thought i should say hi... :)

Also pretty excited today since i found a new pasta product that doesn't have carbs (well, very little) in. ( eatwater.com ). It's really expensive though but maybe if it can get me through a carb craving it's worth a shot. Going to order some :).

re Atkins dieting though, i am finding by far this is the most sensible diet for me at the moment and which really helps with the weightloss. It is 'slow and steady' but with the initial big boost of pulling some good numbers on the scales for the first two weeks, which is a real help for me. I've done low carb diets of various kinds several times now, and each time i do it i can lose like 10lbs in the first week, a real motivation booster. Have also done the Dukan diet which worked equally as well as Atkins but was more restrictive and i found it hard to keep up with after a few weeks.

Well, i have a whole lot to lose. As per normal, i lose 3 stone then put the same 3 stone back on, and more, and have been doing this since i was 16 (i'm now almost 30). Instead of stopping at the 3 stone loss i need to keep going this time, and also stop the nonsense of giving up and gaining again :(. I have a lot to lose, around 9 stone in total to get by BMI under 25.

Best of luck to u matey. Sounds like u know what ur doing :) We're pretty friendly n helpful here so be sure to ask anything u want to n drop in often.

Join the club, losing it!! I have been losing and putting back on that 3 stone for the past 35 years!! But this really is the best method I have ever tried, I am finding it really easy this time, think part of that is getting your head right, but also that all the stuff on Atkins is the stuff I like to eat! Nice to have you hear, hope things go better this time!

thanks for the welcome :)
After not losing weight for almost a week the scales are headed on downwards again so it's all good, right after a big juicy steak last night too, doesn't get better than this!

Had a look at eat water, will probably order a trial pack when I get paid. Seems worth a go for only £10

Hi losingit - welcome:)

Admit my general rule is - if sounds to good to be true then it probably is! Having said that i break that rule everyday on this so called diet :D

Apparently these use moyu (veg protein) so are the same as shirataki noodles (different names in japan and china). In which case i would say they should be intersting to try in the different shapes. Must say i now dont bother with the noodles - tend to have cauli rice, spagetti courgette or our new favourite cab bol:D

Must say i now dont bother with the noodles - tend to have cauli rice, spagetti courgette or our new favourite cab bol:D
Yeah, not having real pasta and rice isn't really bothering me, but I used to eat a lot of stirfries with noodles and I am missing that! I've tried stirfry without the noodles, but it's just not the same to me :p So this, if it's nice, would be a life saver!

And tuna pasta salad would be nice again too :D

I've just ordered a trial pack. I was going to wait to hear other peoples' verdicts, but I couldn't wait. Haha. I'll let you know what I think when I try them :)

I'll let you know what they taste like when i get mine. I ordered some, just a trial pack of 4, works out really pricey since they add £3.99 on top for postage, eek. If it's a real hit though i'll order a lot more :). I miss noodles too, not a big pasta eater but i do cook a lot of chinesey food so would be great to have a treat now and again without feeling naughty.

Just googled shirataki noodles, and saw the pic, i've eaten those before and wasn't impressed - they were kinda slimey. Hope eatwater is better, certainly more expensive!

I plan to give them a go. Here's hoping they're nice as I fancy a stir fry and a pasta bake!!!

I haven't received mine yet :(, they sure are slow on the shipping.

Mine didn't come, royal mail returned it to them even though my address was correct :(. They are resending.

Back