Hungry in Ketosis! (Day 10 100% SS)

MissAma

Silver Member
This is more of a "Don't be a returner, kids" sad story and I know no one has some magical piece of science I've missed on but any clue why I would feel so hungry and peckish on the second week of SS CD?!? I'm on day 10 for crying out loud?!? I must be well and truly in ketosis by now, right? Where is the magical bucket of energy and complete satiety?!?

:sigh:

This is more of a "Don't be a returner, kids" sad story and I know no one has some magical piece of science I've missed on but any clue why I would feel so hungry and peckish on the second week of SS CD?!? I'm on day 10 for crying out loud?!? I must be well and truly in ketosis by now, right? Where is the magical bucket of energy and complete satiety?!?

:sigh:

I struggled on day 10- I still don't know why!! Anyway I powered through and am in my 8th week now so don't give in and just keep going!! Xx

If I'm honest, I still get hungry, even when I'm in Ketosis.... it's funny because I know I'm hungry becaguse, my mantra keeps coming to mind... I will be 70kg.... I will be 70kg......
I did 15 weeks of CD SS when it was possible to do one week in 5 as SS+ and that was 'legal' I was still hungry some days... and at 3pm every day I had a massive energy slump... which strangely, I've not had this time... day 8 today though, so it may come around again!

There's lots of different types of hunger. Emotional hunger is one you feel a LOT on CD and you can recognise it because it doesn't grow slowly like 'normal' hunger you just need something RIGHT NOW OR ELSE. There's also boredom hunger which feels less desperate, and then also thirst which can often feel like normal hunger.

You shouldn't feel 'normal' hunger in ketosis, but all the other ones you will. It's good practice at recognising the different types, and coping with them. If you feel the desperate emotional hunger and then choose not to eat, you can take away from that the proof that it doesn't control you.

I would advise trying to be mindful in all your battles, so they give you strength when the real fights start. It's too easy to not give ourselves credit when we do something good, but that makes it all the much harder to remember that we CAN and we DID. We need to hold onto those victories. If you've got 10 days feeling hungry and not eating, then you're quite frankly a superstar and you should acknowledge that. If you can handle one day on the diet, you can handle as many days as you need. You've proved you have what it takes to finish and get to goal and then to control your hunger when you're maintaining. Feel proud!

I'm feeling hungry too, not sure why or which type it is!

All I think is that when I feel the ache of hunger my body is feeding on my bodyfat.

I haven't had the energy boost that everyone talks about either (I'm on day 11) although I have had tonsillitis so maybe it's just that. At least I hope it is as I'm sick of feeling so lethargic.

I'm full of cold so maybe it is down to that.

I am going to try and spread my water consumption out more during the day, I seem to tail off around 2pm, see if that helps.

Hope you feel better soon.

I think there's a day 10 curse! I've found it absolutely fine - until yesterday, day 10. I don't know what it was, I just wanted to eat loads of crap and my evening meal of fish, asparagus and broccoli (which I enjoyed earlier in the week), I could barely even face. Then I started to get myself worked up and angry about everything in the world, it was just a bad day all round! Feel much better today though. I agree with @FunnyFarm - if you can do 10 days of it then you can do anything. For me, I know I have 24 days left. It's just about blocking that hunger from your head.

I also think, if I did order a pizza right now and eat it, yeah I'd enjoy it - but how horrendous would I feel tomorrow? Would it be worth losing 10 days of progress? Of course it wouldn't!

I'm with you Josh, I will not stray from this diet, being a returner I know I can change my lifestyle afterwards so I don't need to return again after another few years.

I think it's usually emotional hunger.

For me it's that I like eating and that's the problem is that I need to get that shut off switch. Which is why cwp works for me. I don't wanna think about food I just want to sort my head out.

Lol but I do miss actually eating, but to be honest I seriously cannot remember ever being truly hungry??? More just greedy and wanna eat!

Back