Hungry Penny's continuing weight loss extravaganza!!!!!

penny226

Hello all! I have been lurking here for the last month and have been given so much inspiration from the diaries that I thought it might help me if I started one myself!

I will be 52 in a month and have had problems with my weight for as long as I can remember......and have tried every diet known to man including a virtual gastric band (complete waste of 500 quid ?). I am an all or nothing sort of person so vlcd suits me well. The problem is always keeping it off. I weighed in on January 1st at 15 stone eight pounds, my heaviest ever and a size 20.

This mornings weigh in is 14 stone 6lbs so I am doing well but have a long time to go until my target of 11 and a half stone.

I am doing a mix of mostly slim and save simplicity with a few ex ante thrown in and the odd lifestyle day.

Wish me luck please!!

Hello again!

Managed a good weekend and weighed in at 14/5.5 - very pleased but have made a few observations on future purchases from Exante. So far all of the slim and save packs have been extremely yummy but to stop me getting bored I ordered a few Exante ones just for variety as they were 40% off.

Hot chocolate pud was rubbery and not nice. Will give it a second attempt and cook for less but get so disappointed when a pack doesn't taste nice. It's not as though you can eat anything else is it?

Peanut butter bars are to die for!

Maple pancakes also very good. I wish slim and save would do these.

Today's menu is
Beef curry noodle soup for lunch
Cottage pie with spring onions and mashed swede.
Curly kale crisps
Bar - not decided yet
Choc shake made hot
Loads of water and mulled wine drink.

Very boring day at work today with
no one to talk to in the office as my boss is off. Yawn - seven more hours to go.

Hope everyone else is having a more exiting day!!

Good luck Penny, you'll get there in no time x

Hello sammy and mini and thank you for your kind words x.

Just had my beef noodle soup which was nice but probably not as nice as the chicken noodle one. Struggling with any cold water as the office is draughty so sticking with the mulled wine.

Been to the post office lunchtime which is about a mile round trip so that's got to be at least 100 calories extra ?. Every little helps as they say! Posted a card and money to my big brother - do hope it gets there intact. I always worry about posting money but have put the card in a plain brown envelope to make it look for businesslike and less like a bday card.

Sooooo bored at work. Going to finish a 4.00pm today so only another two and a half hours to go.

Another day down, probably 90% on target as I did have a little beef jerky and a bit more milk in coffees.

Busy day today, work on morning and then my first ever mammogram. I'm a bit nervous as I've heard some horror stories about how much it hurts. (And maybe worried that they see something bad )

Today's menu
Veg soup pack
Mild curry with cauliflower
Maple and fruit bar
Hot vanilla shake with amaretto coffee

Have a good day everyone!

Another good dieting day yesterday. Mammogram not too painful at all. Fingers crossed for all clear in a couple of weeks. Had a sneaky weigh and was 14 stone 4.6lbs. Can't wait to get back into the 13's! I will have a wider range of clothes available when I can get below 14. So fed up of wearing the same black trousers and few baggy tops that fit. Bought myself a new pair of jeans from m&s at the weekend in a 16. They are super stretchy, but unfortunately not that stretchy ? and I reckon another 10lbs or so before they fit.

Work today but will have a busy day so that will make the time go quickly which is always a bonus.

Menu
Thai soup
Curly kale crisps
Cottage pie or maybe Exante turkey dinner
Hot shake
Choc Orange bar.

Happy dieting all!

Back