Hunters Chicken cooking Sauce

Hi...I hope someone can help me....:eek:

I tried a SW smothered chicken recipe that I found on the net and kind of hoped it would be like a hunters chicken sauce, the recipe said you could use bacon and cheese from HE but there the similarity ended....I didn't like it at all :(

I'm hoping that the Morrison's sauce I use for the rest of the family isn't too bad and that I can eat it with them.

I'm fairly new to SW and tend to stick to recipes that other have already worked out the syn values for as I'm doing it myself from home and don't really know how to work out the syns :confused: any help is greatly appreciated :)

Weight 535g

The label reads - 1/4lb jar provides:

150 Kcal
26g Sugar
0.3g fat
0.1g saturated fat
1.3g salt

All shop bought sauces are 1 syn for every 20 calories so 30 syns for the jar if this info is for a quarter of the jar (thats a lot of sugar!).
They do also tend to be high in syns sorry :(

Thanks Patchworkpuss....the qtys above are supposedly for 1/4 jar...however...I share one jar between 5 of us and there is always loads left in the dish after I have served it :rolleyes:

So if I stick to the guide you have given of 1 syn per 20 calories I make that 600 cals per jar then between 5 of us its 120 cals each = 6syns...:confused:..have I got this right :eek: (maybe a little less if I only cook mine in it and don't have any extra sauce)

Isn't the sauce just like a B-B-Q flavour & the hunters bit is the bacon & cheese in/around the chicken? If so, I might give this a go using the Diet Coke sauce - this is lush with chicken so I would've thought a bit of bacon & cheese would be the cherry on the top. :eat:

Back