Hurdles you've already jumped?

Gie

Hey everyone,

I've only done a week on LT but feel like I've already jumped so many hurdles!
So far I've achieved (yes achieve because it feel that's what I've definitely done!):
- a full 8 days of TFR (last time I attempted LT I cheated/ caved on day one!)
- 2 sober weekends (my weekends usually include Thursday)
- going to a firework display while my friend ate a burger & candy floss and had a beer
- I'm also a size smaller in work trousers

I know to some people this may seem pathetic but I was just wanted to share and wondered what other hurdles people have jumped?

Xx

Hey everyone,

I've only done a week on LT but feel like I've already jumped so many hurdles!
So far I've achieved (yes achieve because it feel that's what I've definitely done!):
- a full 8 days of TFR (last time I attempted LT I cheated/ caved on day one!)
- 2 sober weekends (my weekends usually include Thursday)
- going to a firework display while my friend ate a burger & candy floss and had a beer
- I'm also a size smaller in work trousers

I know to some people this may seem pathetic but I was just wanted to share and wondered what other hurdles people have jumped?

Xx

Managed to have a break day and then go straight back on the food substitution diet I am on
Made it past the dreaded two weeks that I usually give up after on a diet

Every weekend is a hurdle...

Did you go mad on your break day or were you sensible?
Weekends are a nightmare, I've volunteered to work!

Xx

Did you go mad on your break day or were you sensible?
Weekends are a nightmare, I've volunteered to work!

Xx

Depends on the occasion. For my wife's birthday we had a meal out with her family but we were quite sensible (salad and chicken) but on the day itself we went quite crazy. We went for a Chinese buffet on Friday as our monthly treat and found we could actually eat very little so that was intended to be terrible but didn't end up being so bad.

I don't advocate "treats" for everyone but for us it works well in re-motivating us to make it to the next one. I have learnt so much about myself in the time I have been on the diet (almost 4 months) so feel confident in my own ability to make the right choices and understand what works best for me.

Well done to you.
I think you're right, treats aren't for everyone and you need to know when to stop eating! This is something I've always struggled with. Hopefully with being on TFR this will change.

Xx

Love this thread - it's so positive!!!

My achievements are all fitness related as I try and focus on gaining fitness rather than losing weight (that's just a happy byproduct :))

I can now do a full sit up holding 5kg weight
I can jog for longer than 30 seconds
I have gone to an exercise class in my own where I don't know anybody
I can jump!!!!
And at the same time I've also lost 45lbs!!!

Back