Hurry up SW own brand foods!

targetforever

It was rumoured that earlier this year SW were about to launch thier own range of foods... and we are still waiting! We were told that it wasn't quite right so had to go back to the drawing board - please hurry up! My friend is on WW and she is always nibbling her 'snacks' etc, making me feel very envious!:jelous:

Uh oh

*gets the hard hat out and takes cover*

:hide:

Can, open, worms... alll over the SW section....

:whistle:

I hope it is happening it would be brilliant!

you have the slimming world tuna what more do you need:D

Crisps, nibbly things, lasagne, chilli, curries, garlic bread, biscuits (HiFi bars are fab, but ...) cheese, crackers....etc...:p
I know there are so many non-SW available to buy, which are low syn which I do buy and make low syn meals, but it would be nice to have a SW range to choose from too?

Crisps, nibbly things, lasagne, chilli, curries, garlic bread, biscuits (HiFi bars are fab, but ...) cheese, crackers....etc...:p
I know there are so many non-SW available to buy, which are low syn which I do buy and make low syn meals, but it would be nice to have a SW range to choose from too?

i would probs buy them once to try but not something i would buy on a regular basis as i think ready meals are a rip off even when they're on offer i have a freezer full of sw ready meals that i have made myself for a low price all in one portion sizes in takeaway containers -lasagne, chilli, spag bol, curry, soup..... to name a few xx

targetforever said:

Would it not just be the same as the non-sw stuff but in a different packet and twice the price?! As a former ww'er Im not a fan of their food ranges, it tends to be the same calories and fat as other ranges that are cheaper. I feel like its just paying for the name and convience of the points worked out already on the packet.

It was rumoured that earlier this year SW were about to launch thier own range of foods... and we are still waiting! We were told that it wasn't quite right so had to go back to the drawing board - please hurry up! My friend is on WW and she is always nibbling her 'snacks' etc, making me feel very envious!:jelous:

Hmmm...... do you think an SW packet of crisps would be any less syns than a packet of quavers, french fries, velvet crunch? I doubt it. Probably the same and more expensive to boot!

Curry sauces, garlic bread? Won't be any less syns than the WW or low fat brand in my opinion... bread is bread, approx 6 syns per 60g, not sure how SW could make it any less......

Biscuits.....same as any old biscuit, will be 1 syn per 20 calories.

Like others, I've heard this so many times for many years. It's not necessary, nor I think a good move for SW.

(oh and everyone will then moan about how expensive SW is and how much their food bills have gone up etc etc etc)

*gets off soap box*

jaylou said:
Hmmm...... do you think an SW packet of crisps would be any less syns than a packet of quavers, french fries, velvet crunch? I doubt it. Probably the same and more expensive to boot!

Curry sauces, garlic bread? Won't be any less syns than the WW or low fat brand in my opinion... bread is bread, approx 6 syns per 60g, not sure how SW could make it any less......

Like others, I've heard this so many times for many years. It's not necessary, nor I think a good move for SW.

(oh and everyone will then moan about how expensive SW is and how much their food bills have gone up etc etc etc)

*gets off soap box*

Agree 100% :)

Sent from my iPhone

The biggest difference between slimming world and ww for me is that instead of constantly eating ready meals and processed food on ww I eat lots of fresh food, and home cooked food now. It's much more satisfying. I probably wouldn't buy the snacks as I can still eat anything and just syn it, just as we would have to do with own brand snacks.

*gets off soap box*

What? You mean SW aren't concentrating all their efforts into making syn free Garlic bread and massive biscuits that are 1 syn each?

Well thats just rubbish. I think I might have to swap to WW now. I feel terribly let down by the whole thing.

:rolleyes:

Snacks - buy other brands that are low syns, they will be the same stuff
Ready meals - sod the massive intake of salt...make extra portions of your own food and freeze it, there we have it. One ready meal.

Ok point taken ! *walks away with tin of sw tuna and hi fi and sits in a corner *

I'm surprised you didn't have as much support tbh. This kind of thing usually has people very divided & I do get why some people want these things, and certainly Hifi bars are popular, and bit cheaper than fibre plus or alpen lights.

Back