I absolutely definitely will be 9 st 2ibs on 1 July 2017

Latecomer

hello all. I am new to minimins and on day 5 of Cambridge SS. I have a whopping 8 stone to lose but every pound down now is going to be a pound gone forever. Would love to hear from others to help keep me motivated and stop me from chewing the furniture!

Hi Latecomer
welcome to the forum im sure you will get plenty of support on your journey and good luck i look at min at 1 stone at a time and try not to look at the big picture or i would give in right now keep us updated x

Hey welcome. This is the best place ever for support. I put bottles of water in a bag that weigh the same as I have lost. Helped me lose 4 stone last time. I'm hoping it will again. C

Hi Latecomer how was your day today x

Hi All. Thank you for your replies. Was super busy at work today so didn't get to my "breakfast shake" until 12 pm. Wasn't hungry though which is good. Have not been able to resist weighing at home and scales seem to be stuck! Formal weigh in is Sat lunchtime so fingers crossed for then. I live in Guernsey and am flying to London on business all day tomorrow so shakes/ soups are going to be tricky but I will find a way! How are you all doing?

Aargh. Didn't get to breakfast shake until 5.45 pm today which means I subsisted on a glass of water and 1 cup of tea all day. Didn't give in though
How is everyone else going?

hi latecomer good look with your w.i. tomorrow and you try and get them shakes hun x x

Well I made it to the end of week 2! Found this week harder than the first and had to supplement with some grilled chicken on a few days. Probably to be expected as I really should have started on step 2 given my starting BMI of over 42 Me, being me, insisted on doing step 1 with only 3 products a day though. Would have loved to have seen a bigger loss in the first week so that I was a stone down already but 11lbs is not bad in 2 weeks and a good 2lbs better than I have achieved on any diet in years (I usually give up after 3-4 weeks and 7-9ibs down). No one else has noticed but I can definitely see a difference in my face (cheeks are thinner -I have cheek bones again!) and my ankles (which are less cankley!). Proud too that I have gone to 2 boardroom lunch meetings and 1 breakfast meeting this week and ignored the lovely sandwiches, crisps and cooked breakfast on offer and stuck to tea and water.

Tried the mushroom risotto for the first time this week - yuck. Not at all sad that is being withdrawn! Have gone off the oriental chilli soup too - possibly just a bit of overload on that. Have ordered more shakes and bars for this week rather than soups and "meals". They helped me feel more normal in the beginning but the soups/meals have quite strong flavours and find I am quick to get sick of them. Quite enjoy the taste of the shakes now - perhaps the calorie deficit is attacking my brain?

I have got the dress I want to wear Xmas Day out of the wardrobe where it has hung, still with its tags on, since I bought it approx 3/4 years ago. It is a green silk with grey trim and belt and I fell in love with it when I saw it in the shop. It's an 18 although quite a small one and I bought it in the deluded belief I would shortly be able to fit into it. I was an 18 then but in the last 3 years have crept up to a 20 and even a 22 if I want something baggy. The dress really does look v small and I am not sure I am going to make it by 25 Dec but I will give it a good go. I am not going to wear it if it is tight though. Nothing worse than overstretched silk or satin - I will look like a sofa .

I hope everyone else has also seen some success on the scales and would love to hear how you have done in the past week.

Hey. You're doing amazing. I know the feeling with clothes creeping up. I think I am a size 24 now. Generally wear elastic things I can get away with smaller sizes. Living in denial. I'm going to give it another week then try some smaller clothes out of my suitcase. That's right. I don't have a dress that is too small I have a whole suitcase of clothes in a variety of sizes from all the diets I have done with them as an incentive. However I don't need to go clothes shopping when I lose weight x

Thanks Camplestar, I know what you mean about being in denial. I often think I have the opposite of that body dysmorphia thing anorexics have when they think they are fatter than they are - I don't think of myself as as heavy as I really am and am always horrified by pictures of me!

Me three! Easy to fool myself, especially when I don't have a full sized mirror in the house - if i did, I'd never leave the house!

Well done on your great loss so far! That dress sounds lovely - but if not this NYE then early next year for sure!

Me 4 i do have a long mirror but only look at the face and boobs hahahhahaha i was getting i was thinking i will get the next size up i went from a 22 to 30 im so ashamed but im back to doing something about it and yes i to have a suitcase full off small sizes lolol x x x

Has anyone got a reliable size guide? I can't wait to fit into size 18 again. I have loads of nice clothes in size 18. At the time I thought it was massive. Now I would give anything to be back there. X

Back