I am back and so so so happy!

Book-Worm

Silver Member
Hello everyone!

I had been doing the CWP for quite a while (you can find my previous threads if you do a quick search) and I stopped when I moved house in October. Buying the house left us quite broke for a few months as we were repairing a few important things so I had to stop the diet. Then came Christmas and I went a little crazy... In January, I felt my clothes were starting to get tighter and decided to follow a healthy eating plan until such time when I can go back on CWP.

I re-started the diet last week at... 14st 4lbs, only 1lb more than my last WI the week before I stopped! I was so happy that I managed to maintain. To be fair, I was probably weighing more than that (much more!) after Christmas but I'll never know because I didn't weigh.

Anyhoo, I have been doing Step 2 (ah, my beloved Step 2!) for a week and weighed myself this morning: I lost 5lbs and I am now 13st 13lbs :D I cannot even remember the last time I was at such a "low" weight, never mind seeing 28 something as my BMI. Strangely enough, I feel much more toned than 6 months ago. This is probably due to the fact that I completed the Shred a second time while eating healthily.

Many will wonder why I didn't keep with the healthy eating plan. Well although I didn't struggle at all on the healthy eating plan, I just love the CWP for losing weight. It is just made for me, and I like the quick results. Yes, they're hard to maintain, yes, losing the weight is only one part of the battle, but I am just an impatient person and the CWP is really suited for me.

So I am back. I will pick up my former thread/diary (Little Book-Worm tetra-ing her way....) and I will finish this once and for all. Step 2 means that sometimes my losses aren't as impressive as on SS but I can't do SS. I am too weak-minded and I feel miserable without my little meal. It seems to work for me that way so why fix what isn't broken :D

Right, that is a loooong first message, I apologise, but you better get used to it because I talk a LOT :D

wow congratulations - for maintaining and meeting all your goals - you will have to set new ones now :)

wow congratulations - for maintaining and meeting all your goals - you will have to set new ones now :)

Thanks Bessie! I really don't know what goal to set next. Probably "reaching 12st something" or "BMI 27 something". I also need to start thinking about my target weight but for some reason, that scares me... I used to think and fantasise a lot about it when much heavier. But the closer I get to a healthy weight, the more scared I am of looking at how much more I have to lose? Like I'll literally avoid doing the maths...

Thats interesting - its weird to think of the day you will be ' done' and have to life ' normally'. I cant imagine ever getting to whatever goal i will settle on- ive benn on/off diets for my whole adult life. Look forward to seeing your new goals- and watching you meet them:)

:party0011: Yay you! I really hope I manage to follow in your footsteps wormie, I'll have to find your diary & have a little read. Do you have recipes on there? I think I might need some inspiration in my veggie quest!

Thats interesting - its weird to think of the day you will be ' done' and have to life ' normally'. I cant imagine ever getting to whatever goal i will settle on- ive benn on/off diets for my whole adult life. Look forward to seeing your new goals- and watching you meet them:)

You perfectly put into words what I'm feeling: I have always been on a diet of sort all my adult life. I can't even begin to imagine being thin. I don't think thin. I still myself as enormous. I was at a wedding this weekend and I kept hiding behind my husband as I was feeling so self conscious. And yet all my cousins and aunts and uncles complimented me on my weightloss. My cousin, who is also a very close friend, told me I looked 'normal'. Not in a bad way, as in 'you looked weird before, but that I didn't stand out as 'the fat one'. Still, I couldn't believe her. Even looking at pictures now, I still see myself obese...

:party0011: Yay you! I really hope I manage to follow in your footsteps wormie, I'll have to find your diary & have a little read. Do you have recipes on there? I think I might need some inspiration in my veggie quest!

Nope, no recipe, but I do use quite a lot I find in some the diaries :D Like the cottage cheese portobello mushrooms :drool:

Grumble and Bessie, we can do it. We have determination, and determination is what is needed on this diet. I actually think it's a diet for the stubborn, lol.

Grumble and Bessie, we can do it. We have determination, and determination is what is needed on this diet. I actually think it's a diet for the stubborn, lol.[/QUOTE]

You calling me stubborn!! You are right though I am and you need to be. What goals have you set now? I keep thinking about them but thinking is as far as I get!!

Grumble and Bessie, we can do it. We have determination, and determination is what is needed on this diet. I actually think it's a diet for the stubborn, lol.

You calling me stubborn!! You are right though I am and you need to be. What goals have you set now? I keep thinking about them but thinking is as far as I get!![/QUOTE]

Hehe, stubbornness is a quality in this world :D Especially for dieting women on CWP :D

I have not set any permanent goal yet as I have this strange notion that I can't be slim and have a middle of the range BMI. I really need to snap out of it! And people's comments do not help: 'I don't think you should lose much more', 'maybe you'll realise your body won't want to lose much more' (and my all time favourite...) 'I don't think being slim would suit you'...

I have done the maths this morning though... In order to reach a BMI just under 25 (24.9) I need to be 12stones. A nice, easy number to remember, but it is so daunting!!! In the meantime, I am going to go half a stone at a time as my CDC warned me that the losses would slow down as I near the end the diet.

What about your goals? You don't have to put them in your signature, but I am quite curious to know what they are :D I love seeing other people's mini goals, and it's even better when they come back on there to tell us they've reached them. It gives me such a boost when I'm feeling down!

Being back from holiday is harder than I thought! Thank God for the nice weather and the warmth, but I'm still feeling quite lethargic as I'm waiting for ketosis to come back. And yet I have so much to do! I checked this morning and overnight, I have lost 2lbs :eek: I try not to weigh myself to often but I am a serial weigher :eek:

When is your WI day by the way Bessie?

I think I'm going to take the plunge and create a 'BMI 24.9 ticker' to put in my signature. I can't play the ostrich forever and it'll give me an incentive to lose at least another stone before my holidays in July. Yes, I'll do that. I just have to do it quickly and the pain won't be so bad :D But then, what If I can't reach 12 stones? And why do I keep thinking like that?????

Oh my, it's so strange to see it on a ticker! And it is even scarier to see that it is 'only' 27lbs away. 27lbs is almost nothing in the grand scheme of things! Especially when compared to my massive initial weight!

Next step, order Jillian Michael's 'No More Trouble Zones' and do it! I am getting bored of the Shred and really don't fancy doing it a 3rd time so soon after the 2nd time.

I am sorry for my rambling. I am sat at home on my own and I am bored out of my mind, despite all the work I have to do! (like hanging the clothes to dry and clean the pets' litter trays :rolleyes: ) You don't have to read my ramblings and you don't have to acknowledge them either, lol

At home too- finding every excuse not to do the pile of work waiting for me. Good to see the ticker - iu can and will do this ... And it will be reality before you know it. I let all those silly people get to me before - put me in the mindset of i had done enough- whereas actually i hadnt.. This time when people say i have lost enough i will just sile sweetly and say yes, im just fovusing on toning up a bit now, and then walk away thinking #*\_ you!! My goalsare simple- lose. In half stone increments and get below each magic stone number alomg with getting out of obese and then overweight- will sort them out in my siggie oon cos like you i like seeing others meet theirs.

I too would like a mid range bmi- 23 ish, then i can fluctuate a bit and still be normal. My cdc worties me a bit as she says she will not support me going below a bmi of 25,5 because she looks gaunt there and i am taller than her so i am biund to look gaunt too.... However long way to go between now and then and she is lovely so will think about how i will manage that around christmas time !!!

You know, I used to tell the girls coming on here complaining about 'advice' not to listen to these people. But now that I'm close to my final goal, people's comments are starting to get under my skin. Really. I don't get angry at them because on the whole they're well-intentioned. But it has a pernicious effect: I now doubt myself. I too would love a 23 BMI to give me some lea-way and I am now wondering if it is possible because of these people. I even had to have a very frank discussion with my mother (probably my staunchest supporter, with my sister), telling her that a BMI 26 or 27 is out of the question. I just can't. I at least have to try.

Don't listen to your CDC. If she refuses to take you further, just change CDC. I think you're not allowed to do SS under 25 but you can still go up the plans and keep on losing. My old CDC told me that people look gaunt while on this diet because of glycogen and carb depletion. But as soon as they go up the plan, their cheeks fill up a bit and they don't look so pale. Plus bare in mind that we have to take our body type into account. My sister is a BMI 21 but she is very willowy. I would look sick if I were BMI 21 because I am (sadly) broader than she is (I inherited my dad's shoulders, lol).

Half stones are great mini goals to have. And BMI numbers as well, and % of loss (it's calculated for you in the left hand column). I just love looking at people's goals and seeing the little green ticks or other next to them. It makes it more real, like it didn't happen overnight, and that if I want that too, I have to put the effort in.

I don't know what's happening to me lately but I have plenty of fat related bad memories resurfacing: in nightmares but also during the day with terrible déjà-vu feelings... I even cried this morning remembering something very unpleasant that happened to me a few years back. Why? I never had that before, I'm scared of something, but what? If only I could put my finger on it.

Yep, this Christmas, we won't have to shy away from the camera!!! I'll be able to enjoy nice food, chocolate and mulled wine without thinking that people are judging me behind my back (I'm paranoid like that lol).

Do you have an outfit you want to fit into for the summer? I am going to buy a few nice summer dresses and hope I can fit into them by July! I buy cheap ones as I don't want to invest in clothes that'll be too big very quickly. The more you lose, the more the weightloss show. If I lose 5lbs now, it shows immediately. If I lost 5lbs 2 stones ago, I wouldn't notice it.

Have you managed to do some work? I have, but only a fraction because I just realised that my husband hasn't put the drying line back up in the garden, and I don't fancy drilling in the new fence to put the hooks (it's one with cement!!)

Another day done yesterday and a quick look on the scales shows another 1lb loss. One more to go and I'll have lost my holiday weight gain :D It's really not easy at the moment. I'm in ketosis but contrary to most peeps on here, ketosis doesn't really help me with the diet. I still have headaches and still feel hunger. I know the headaches will go away as they only appear in the first few days. But the hunger, ugh. It's often psychological but not always. My stomach grumbles very very loudly sometimes. Anyhoo, onward and downward for Book-Worm :D

Programme for today: more university work and housework as my husband is working (and working nights at that!). I'd also like to create an Excel spreadsheet to record my weightloss over the years but I have a feeling it's going to take me ages, especially as I'd like a graph... It'll at least keep me busy. I would have liked to start painting the fence and the garden furniture but sadly, they're forecasting 'April showers' in my little corner of England so it'll have to wait. I can't even start on painting our second hand cabinet (I do love Annie Sloan :D ) because I can't open the windows (for the fumes!) as the wind is too strong...

How is everyone doing? What do you have planned for the Bank Holiday weekend?

The serial scale hopper has struck again... But I'm glad it did because not only have I lost 2lbs this morning, but this loss brings me to my lightest weight ever recorded since my early 20s :D (obviously was much thinner as a teenager). :D And that is despite eating my half-slice of load yesterday, and some cheese :eek: I know full well, however, that it won't last. It's just the regular 'big' loss after a week off plan. Still, I'll take 2lbs off in a day any day :D

What a beautiful day today. It's one of my closest friend's 30th birthday today but because we don't live in the same country, I can't be with her :( 30 year old... I met her when she was 18, lol. And soon, it'll be my turn. But strangely, I don't feel sad. I feel young, younger than I felt at 25 and weighing 21st. I have energy, I have a loving and lovely husband, a pretty little house, a supportive family, great friends (albeit far away) and I'm getting slimmer :)

Plan fr today if I feel energetic enough (feeling a bit lazy sometimes, going back on this diet is hard): paint the garden furniture, do some laundry and finish the spring cleaning in the bathroom (mainly the shower but it's difficult as I can't seem to be able to remove the bottom doors of the screen as it's rusted. And yet, it's full of old soap and shampoo in there, it's driving me crazy!!!)

Hehe! Arm and matching shoulder muscles to go with them make them extra sexy :D

Indeed :D After finishing my 2nd Shred, I'm almost certain I have muscle somewhere under the fat... What a sexy upper body I'll have after I've lost another stone :D

I'm very impressed with your weightloss Shaz! I remember you from the last time I did CWP, before my 6 month break :)

Hehe I definitely remember you too lady! I'm still on CWP but ive literally got 6lbs to go gawd I remember when I was excited about having 6 stone to go lol! I so need to give shred a go i love jillian!!! I've started to weights now that a gym instructor will actually look and talk to me like a human being now I'm no longer obese! And after two weeks there already a difference! The difference in how people treat you when your smaller is something in still not able to get used to! I don't even think some realise they're doing it!

How much does shred kill you?

Back