I am obsessed with food !! and OH eaten my bars !

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by cmacca, 20 September 2007 Social URL.

1. cmacca

cmacca Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Ok you are going to laugh at this one, but I think I am becoming obsessed with food, I am not really that hungry but everything I do or think about consists of food, last night I had a dream that I had eaten a load of indian takeaway and felt so bad this morning when I woke up and on teh way to work this morning, I was looking at car registration plates for some reason and relating them to food !, ie saw a car with the reg MAR marmite straight to mind, then CAK yes cake !, BEF, beef and so on, it was a nightmare, I am obsessed !!!. Also to make matters worse got up this morning and my OH has eaten two of my bars !!, he thought they were 'sweets' !, said they were very nice ................aghhhhhhhhh

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Tazzi

Tazzi is Special :P

Start Weight:
    228kg
    Current Weight:
    78kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    150kg(65.78%)
    I completely know how you feel. Sometimes i wake up in the morning after dreaming of food and im convinced that ive cheated lol. Peanut Butter Sandwiches and sushi are my frequent dreams..... no idea why.

Join the club.

4. cmacca

cmacca Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Oh dont, I really want peanut butter on toast !

5. Britmummybites

Britmummybites Full Member

Just don't sit too near your hubby later and hope you got plenty of air freshners in the house.

6. Karen

Karen Serial Foodie!

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(6.96%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    the dreaming thing is so weird. i get it too and I know from reading on here that quite a few people do. at least thinking and dreaming about food is better than actually eating it :) i keep cooking the things i wanna eat for the rest of the family but dont feel tempted to eat it so thats lucky. well...thats a lie, i am tempted but have been good :D

7. misscooks

misscooks Member

Thats so funny, I dreamt that I ate last night too!! It was so vivid! I have my first weigh in tommorow, and I woke up thinking 'oh great, now you've blown it on day 7', I felt so dissapointed in myself!

8. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st0lb(43.9%)
    Diet:
    Gastric BYpass
    OMG I think I would file for divorce if my hubby ate two of my bars. I really look forward to my bar each day and I couldnt bear to do two days without them.

9. LucyLou

LucyLou Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.93%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I dream about food too!! I thought I was mad!

My office is above a restaurant too so Im smelling garlic and lovely things all day too

Who mentioned toast?? God I murder a proper cuppa and a bit of toast with butter...mmmmmmhhhhhh

10. SteveM

SteveM Silver Member

Funny you should say this, because when I was doing LL my counsellor said that it was a very good psychological trick to "make" yourself dream about eating food. She argued that the mind is a very powerful thing, and if you can "convince" yourself that you have actually done something without ever actually doing it i.e. dreaming about eating food, then it supposedly gets your mind believing that you have had what you dreamt about and stops cravings .....

I was, and still am, sceptical about this ..... when I dream about having something to eat, I also remember how good it tasted in my dream ..... it never made things easier, only harder!!

11. Sarah M

Sarah M Getting the hang of this

I do this aswell, i was dreaming about eating a whole big tin of chocolates the other night and felt really naughty in the morning!

12. misscooks

misscooks Member

It actually helped that I dreamt I'd overeaten last night - the feeling of dissapiontment in myself was over whealming, I was so happy when I realised it wasnt real! I do not want to feel that way for real!

13. vj

vj Regular Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st3lb(8.67%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I dream of food too. Sadly my brain hasn't trained itself to eat really indulgent things like cake and chocolates, it sticks to everyday meals that, I guess, I miss.
    But it still leaves me feeling naughty in the morning, while it lasts!

14. missymoo

missymoo Fed up of being fat

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I have the odd eating dream, however, in mine I am slim like I was before getting pregnant and gaining the weight, I am eating the things I see as naughty now but its as though Im seeing the future me ... I kind of like it .. lol ... because it gives me the image of me being slim again and eating the odd treat/takeaway, but I do still for a split second wake up thinking "sh*t did I eat" and then realise its ok was just a dream.

15. Tazzi

Tazzi is Special :P

Start Weight:
    228kg
    Current Weight:
    78kg
    Goal Weight:
    65kg
    Lost(%):
    150kg(65.78%)
    Hahah glad to know im not mad. im not the only one who cant determine dreaming of eating food with actually eating it. Unlike you missymoo i cant ever remember a time when i was thin. Im only 20 and my whole childhhod was fat. Maybe not obese but bigger than the others and cos im only 5 4 now i was short then too and it showed. I feel a though i have missed out on a childhood in some respects actually cos i never had a bikini or a boy friend or anything like that.
    Anyway off track.... TOAST!
    Taz x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.