I am SO pleased with slim and save

kellmo

Gold Member
Hey all,

I had a planned break from sns last Monday-Friday as we went to Disneyland with my children. I had a few treats, almost one full pizza to myself and a few of my children's fries, a few teaspoons of ice cream. I mainly had chicken salads with avocado and in one some cheese, I also had lemon on my salads fr flavour and so this should have kicked me out of ketostis but I'm not sure it had?! I also walked for MILES AND MILES around both parks.

So I weighed myself on Sat morning and I had gained 6lbs, I went straight back on plan and I have stuck to it 100% once again, I jumped on the scales this evening and I have already lost 4lb!!!! (it's Tuesday) I have had no symptoms of carb withdrawal, I have felt really really good, no headaches, no lethargy of sicky feeling. Does this happen often? I have no symptoms of ketostis (breath is good!) but I've had nothing but sns meals and shakes?!

Anyway, if this is how I feel coming back into ketostis I am SUPER pleased!

I love sns!

kellmo said:
Hey all,

I had a planned break from sns last Monday-Friday as we went to Disneyland with my children. I had a few treats, almost one full pizza to myself and a few of my children's fries, a few teaspoons of ice cream. I mainly had chicken salads with avocado and in one some cheese, I also had lemon on my salads fr flavour and so this should have kicked me out of ketostis but I'm not sure it had?! I also walked for MILES AND MILES around both parks.

So I weighed myself on Sat morning and I had gained 6lbs, I went straight back on plan and I have stuck to it 100% once again, I jumped on the scales this evening and I have already lost 4lb!!!! (it's Tuesday) I have had no symptoms of carb withdrawal, I have felt really really good, no headaches, no lethargy of sicky feeling. Does this happen often? I have no symptoms of ketostis (breath is good!) but I've had nothing but sns meals and shakes?!

I love sns!

I've never had any symptoms getting into ketosis - some of us are lucky that way! Glad you enjoyed your break. I'm trying hard to re-educate myself that food is not a treat - I think it's thinking that way which makes diets harder to stick to and that I 'deserve' a treat when I'm stressed. I'm trying to think of food as 'helpful' or 'unhelpful'. I'm finding that this is helping me as I'm learning to maintain. I never say no to myself - I just ask whether or not it would be helpful and then make a decision about whether to have it.

kellmo said:
Hey all,

I love sns!

I was at Disneyland Paris last week too!
I came off plan totally.
Came home last Wednesday evening ( we were there sat - wed)
I was only showing a 4lb gain.
Thursday was day 1 of my restart.. And fri and sat sun mon tues.. Now here Wednesday is day 1 again :(
I'm really struggling to get back into it.
I have a constant headache don't help with it being school holidays either lol!
But I'm determined to get past day 3.. I know then I will be flying again :)
A big well done to you for getting back on it.. In going to keep you in mind today :)

donnamarie said:
I was at Disneyland Paris last week too!
I came off plan totally.
Came home last Wednesday evening ( we were there sat - wed)
I was only showing a 4lb gain.
Thursday was day 1 of my restart.. And fri and sat sun mon tues.. Now here Wednesday is day 1 again :(
I'm really struggling to get back into it.
I have a constant headache don't help with it being school holidays either lol!
But I'm determined to get past day 3.. I know then I will be flying again :)
A big well done to you for getting back on it.. In going to keep you in mind today :)

Hi,

Wasn't it HOT!!! Tbh it was so damned expensive I stuck to the cheaper salads but they still cost EUR20!!
I have many many many times tried and failed diets (weight watches mainly) but as I'm so tight with money it's a massive factor in this plan.. Where did you stay? We were in the Santa fe!

It did worry me a bit Weasey that I didn't feel I had much self control at Disney, if I looked at my delicious salads then I was really happy with my food but when I looked at hubby's lasagne or my children's fries I felt really deprived. As you have your strategy I suppose I have mine, I decide what's healthy for ME on my plight to lose the flubber. I did pinch a few chips and I did buy a grab bag of maltesers and ate till I felt sick and I did have bread which was genuinely unavoidable, they had nothing BUT in the breakfast dining room!

I'll try using the 'is it helpful' one too... I also have a list of notes on my phone which are the reasons for doing this, they help when I'm feeling weak, I might get a t-shirt printed with them on!!!

kellmo said:
Hi,

Wasn't it HOT!!! Tbh it was so damned expensive I stuck to the cheaper salads but they still cost EUR20!!
I have many many many times tried and failed diets (weight watches mainly) but as I'm so tight with money it's a massive factor in this plan.. Where did you stay? We were in the Santa fe!

It did worry me a bit Weasey that I didn't feel I had much self control at Disney, if I looked at my delicious salads then I was really happy with my food but when I looked at hubby's lasagne or my children's fries I felt really deprived. As you have your strategy I suppose I have mine, I decide what's healthy for ME on my plight to lose the flubber. I did pinch a few chips and I did buy a grab bag of maltesers and ate till I felt sick and I did have bread which was genuinely unavoidable, they had nothing BUT in the breakfast dining room!

I'll try using the 'is it helpful' one too... I also have a list of notes on my phone which are the reasons for doing this, they help when I'm feeling weak, I might get a t-shirt printed with them on!!!

It was hot yes.. We were in Santa fe too!
Block 43.. Which I wasn't happy about as I'd booked back in January because of the cars themed rooms and ours was one yet to be refurbished!
We went half board.
So had the all you can eat breakfast and evening meal ate one night at Santa fe, one over at hotel Cheyenne, one at Annettes and one at Billy Bob's both in DisneyVilliage .
We had vouchers to use in any one of 8 places. I found it better value as yes the prices are so steep for food & drinks there.
I ate lots but think all that walking and long days paid off!
We had a fab time missing it already! :(

Us too! We are off to Wales on Saturday so I'll be taking my big brown box of sns stuff with us!

Thank you Donna!

I have had a sneak peek on the scales this morning and I have lost 8lb since Saturday!!!! That's the 6 I gained at Disney and 2lb more! Wow I am so pleased, I've been making sure I've been walking every day (45 mins minimum) and I've been trying to tone my arms up with some weights, I am thrilled!!

How's your restart going?

kellmo said:
Thank you Donna!

I have had a sneak peek on the scales this morning and I have lost 8lb since Saturday!!!! That's the 6 I gained at Disney and 2lb more! Wow I am so pleased, I've been making sure I've been walking every day (45 mins minimum) and I've been trying to tone my arms up with some weights, I am thrilled!!

How's your restart going?

Wow! Way to go you! Well done :)
I'm doing good thank you end of day 2 now and feeling ok :)

Good, 2 days down and you're nearly through the worst of it x

I am genuinely shocked at 8lb in 6 days, I think because I wa only off plan for 4 days and I wasn't too bad, it tricked my body into thinking I was eating and then I've tricked it again, does that make sense??!

kellmo said:
Good, 2 days down and you're nearly through the worst of it x

I am genuinely shocked at 8lb in 6 days, I think because I wa only off plan for 4 days and I wasn't too bad, it tricked my body into thinking I was eating and then I've tricked it again, does that make sense??!

Yes it does.
My CDC said to me before my holiday that the planned break/ food will give me a boost again.. So I'm hoping for a big loss too :) lol

Who knew planned breaks could be so good? As in actually eating proper food AND losing weight?!

How much do you want to lose and gave already lost?

kellmo said:
Who knew planned breaks could be so good? As in actually eating proper food AND losing weight?!

How much do you want to lose and gave already lost?

Lol :)
You must be buzzing you've done so well to pull it back :)
I went from 17st 3 to 15.11 with slimming world.
Started cd in April at 15.11 lost 42lbs in 11 weeks taking me to 12.11.
Then messed about on and off with birthdays party's and our holiday.
Weighed in Monday at 13.6.
But had sneaky weigh in today 13.2 :)
Ideally I want to be 10- 10.7.
So at least another 2 1/2 stone to come off.
But not sure if I'll do it all on VLCD.
I mix cd with s&s at the moment.
But depending on how I feel after my next holiday in 4 and a bit weeks and what my weight is then is weather I come back to this or do a "normal" type diet.
I've been looking at judd I like that do cd/s&s one day low calories the next.
But for now I want to SS as long as possible :)
What about you?

Wow, you've done amazingly well already, well done!

Originally I was 14 stone 13. Lost 4 stone with WW over the past 8 years I've lost it and put it back on again, had another baby yadda yadda!

I tried WW this time last year and i was so unbelievably good but the losses just weren't there, I was getting up 5 or 6 times a week to do cardio and/or yoga and all I'd lose was half a lb a week, SO, it all went on again.

In June I started CD at 13 stones 12lb and about a size 18(all my 16 clothes were TIGHT) as I'm only 5 foot 4 and apple shaped :-(

This morning I was dead on 12 stone. I want to be about 9 stone 9 or thereabouts. I've bought the Dukan life plan book and I think I'm going to do that until, well, I die or lose my mind and don't care any longer (or scientists invent a pill that makes me expel calories by breathing!) I can't go back to WW as I can eat whatever I want in moderation and I just can't do moderation, I'm either extremely good or embarrassingly greedy, with Dukan it says one day a week is pure protein, you can have ONE treat meal a week and can have carbs occasionally, this is the kind of structure that appeals to me but I know l will have the occasional burger and chips or pizza (I'm thinking once every 6 months?)

BUT, I've got a couple of stone to go to decide what I will actually do lifelong. Weasey is doing a low GL plan which sounds sensible but I will need to look into more 'refeeding' (I hate that term) and maintaing when I get there.

I think the problem I've had in the past is I've been so obese and unhappy that as soon as i start to feel a little good about myself e.g a size 14, I think I'm ok and start eating again. I need to learn to stop this, it's affecting my health this treating myself with food.

Phew, long post!!

Wow, you've done amazingly well already, well done!

Originally I was 14 stone 13. Lost 4 stone with WW over the past 8 years I've lost it and put it back on again, had another baby yadda yadda!

I tried WW this time last year and i was so unbelievably good but the losses just weren't there, I was getting up 5 or 6 times a week to do cardio and/or yoga and all I'd lose was half a lb a week, SO, it all went on again.

In June I started CD at 13 stones 12lb and about a size 18(all my 16 clothes were TIGHT) as I'm only 5 foot 4 and apple shaped :-(

This morning I was dead on 12 stone. I want to be about 9 stone 9 or thereabouts. I've bought the Dukan life plan book and I think I'm going to do that until, well, I die or lose my mind and don't care any longer (or scientists invent a pill that makes me expel calories by breathing!) I can't go back to WW as I can eat whatever I want in moderation and I just can't do moderation, I'm either extremely good or embarrassingly greedy, with Dukan it says one day a week is pure protein, you can have ONE treat meal a week and can have carbs occasionally, this is the kind of structure that appeals to me but I know l will have the occasional burger and chips or pizza (I'm thinking once every 6 months?)

BUT, I've got a couple of stone to go to decide what I will actually do lifelong. Weasey is doing a low GL plan which sounds sensible but I will need to look into more 'refeeding' (I hate that term) and maintaing when I get there.

I think the problem I've had in the past is I've been so obese and unhappy that as soon as i start to feel a little good about myself e.g a size 14, I think I'm ok and start eating again. I need to learn to stop this, it's affecting my health this treating myself with food.

Phew, long post!!

Thank you for this post, I could have written it myself! Especially the bit about relaxing as soon as you start to feel anywhere near 'normal' and putting the weight back on. I have done this so many times!

Not this time though, we will get to goal and stay there :)

Clareel said:
Thank you for this post, I could have written it myself! Especially the bit about relaxing as soon as you start to feel anywhere near 'normal' and putting the weight back on. I have done this so many times!

Not this time though, we will get to goal and stay there :)

GO CLAREEEEEEEEELLLL!!!!!!

I've done it every time, not this one though. I want size 10 to be the norm.

Back