I am so tired of my breakfasts!

Nina41

I don't know what to have for bkf anymore! Tired of the old omelet and I can't have muffins. Any ideas?
I also have to stop with sweetners cause they are making my ibs almost unbearable. So lost right now...

Porridge is great in this cold weather but why can't you have muffins? What about oatbran pancake? Or something like cottage cheese and ham? Or bacon and eggs? You could mix the oatbran with soft cheese and add some flavouring, no sweetener.

I try and vary my breakfasts, scrambled eggs, PP days can have ham mixed in or prawns or smoked salmon, PV days I chop mushrooms or tomatoes in while cooking, porridge is great, muffins in different flavours although I prefer these for lunch lol

I usually have total 0% with oat bran as it fills me up more then savory breakfasts which consist of boiled eggs/smoked mackerel/salmon but they don't leave me as satisfied. Total yogurt I'd quiet thick and creamy and I feel that's why i feel less hungry.

I have savoury oat bran pancakes every day for mine and never get sick of them. I add onion and garlic powder to them and also black pepper. I make them small like an american pancake and use 2 like 2 slices of bread. For pp days I have a sliced quorn sausage in between and pv days are mushrooms and wild rocket. I sometimes even have an fried egg sandwich, I really look forward to breakfast and could never go back to a bowl of cereal. I had my breakfast throughout 2 holidays too , a week in a tent in the lake district and 2 weeks in Florida

Hi Louschu,

Do you make your pancakes in advance or do you make them fresh every morning? Would love to know as I dont have much time in the morning so to be able to make them the night before (or even better to freeze them) would be fantastic.

A fried egg sandwich is an amazing idea though :)

I usually make my pancakes on a Sunday night for the week or at least 5 days worth. I keep them in the fridge in a sealed container then reheat them in the toaster when my filling is cooked

Some great ideas here. Quick question for those who eat eggs with their breakfast..do you eat more eggs later in the day?

willbefabulousat26 said:
Have you tried porridge? I have that everyday. Lovely on a cold morning mixed with spices and cinammon.

How do i make porrige?

CaledoniaDreaming said:
Porridge is great in this cold weather but why can't you have muffins? What about oatbran pancake? Or something like cottage cheese and ham? Or bacon and eggs? You could mix the oatbran with soft cheese and add some flavouring, no sweetener.

I'm off muffins because the sweetener is causing bad reaction in my guts lately. I never have cottage cheese because I can't find it 0%fat. Never have ham because I think low fat ham is super expensive. Can we have bacon? Confused....

Maybe I'll buy some ham just to vary my bkf a bit! Tks

louschu said:
I have savoury oat bran pancakes every day for mine and never get sick of them. I add onion and garlic powder to them and also black pepper. I make them small like an american pancake and use 2 like 2 slices of bread. For pp days I have a sliced quorn sausage in between and pv days are mushrooms and wild rocket. I sometimes even have an fried egg sandwich, I really look forward to breakfast and could never go back to a bowl of cereal. I had my breakfast throughout 2 holidays too , a week in a tent in the lake district and 2 weeks in Florida

Great idea! You see, I didn't even know we could have quorn sausages! How many are we allowed? How do you make those pancakes?

Thank you very much everyone!

Have you tried small portion of rhubarb with fromage frais or 0% Greek yoghurt? Rhubarb is tolerated item, but worked for me as a change. I would sprinkle the oatbran on top - very filling. Or kippers/smoked haddock with poached egg?
Sometimes I would have low fat cottage cheese with bresaola (dried beef, sainsburys do a pack 2x for £2.50, which is not too bad.)

Porridge with the oatbran is really easy, just blitz it in the microwave with some skim milk and water (plus a bit of salt, if you like) 1 min then give it a stir, followed by a further 30 secs; have with milk plus sweetener. V nice & sustaining! I've been having it with sf maple syrup on my travels (lost stash of sweetener somewhere, but syrup v tasty!)

WBF26- eggs I try to keep to 6 per week. It sort of works, because on the rare occasions I have muffins, I won't have cooked eggs. Only I'm conscious of the cholestral issue, so just try to keep it low.

If I have an egg for breakfast I don't have anymore that day as I have half an egg in my gallettes every day, the only day I eat more eggs is on my protein Thursday.

The pancakes/gallettes are easy to make, there is a good recipe in the recipe section and also one on the official dukan site. I think i've slightly altered the recipe, instead of adding sweetner I add garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper, I also use 1 egg per 2 days worth of pancakes instead of 1 egg per day I just add a little bit of water to get the right consistency.

As for quorn sausages we are technically not allowed them but I know lots of Dukaners who eat them without stalling, for me I chose to include them as I'm a veggie who eats fish and needed something else to eat, I also eat the pieces, mince, fillets and burgers.

My OH who also did Dukan and is a meat eater used turkey bacon for his breakfast without any ill effects

Loush, I had quorn sausage for my breakfast and it was a great change. I really needed that. I will try turkey bacon next.

Would you mind telling me how you make your pancakes? Mine this morning was a disaster.
Tks

Would you mind telling me how you make your pancakes? Mine this morning was a disaster.

To make 4 small pancakes (2 days worth) I use:
4 tablespoons oatbran
2 tablespoons quark
1 egg
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 level teaspoon onion powder
half teaspoon black pepper
splash of water

Mix all of the ingredients and add a small amount of water until a thick consistency is reached but runny enough to settle in the pan. I use a small 6-8 inch egg pan. I spray a couple of sprays of frylight then put in a couple of tablespoons ( a quarter) of the mixture, keep the pan on quite a low heat. DO NOT try and turn the galette for 5-6 minutes until it is cooked on one side, once cooked flip over with a spatula and cook the other side. I cool the pan in between galettes with a quick rinse out of cold water from the tap then repeat the process. Once you get the hang of cooking them you can turn the heat up and the process will be a lot quicker. Stay close to your cooker or set a timer as it is really easy to burn them. I hope this helps, any questions just ask:D

Just Made them and will eat for lunch with quark and quern sausage! :)

Back