i am starting TFR next week and afraid , any tips???????

lah

hi guys
i am new to LT as i have never done it before. i am starting LT next week on monday ,as a desperate attempt to lose weight and become healthy. i am a mother of one 5 yr old gal and i am 17.5 st at moment. My goal is to lose 7.5st. to be honest i am panicking becoz i am wondering if i will be able to go thru with this.

wat i know is that i have had enough of being obese and i am so desperate to get a healthy weight and hopefully start eating healthly. I NEED TO GET MY HEALTH AND CONFIDENCE BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

are there any tips you guys can give me, coz i am wondering if i will be able to do without my food. i really want to do this and am hoping it works.

lah

Hi lah and welcome.

Firstly I think the strawberry and chocolate are the nicest. If you make them with really cold water and add ice cubes they are really nice to drink. Oh and use an electric mixer gets rid if all the lumps.

Drink 3 to 4 litres of water each day it really helps with weight loss and hunger.

Try not to focus on the amount u need to loose, just focus day by day pound by pound.

And lastly what keeps me going is this and I read it on here but can't remember who wrote it

It's hard being fat and it's hard on LT so choose which hard u want to be.

Good luck with it and when your having a bad day come on here for support.

Welcome lah, l know exactly how you feel,l have tried all the diets and lost minimal weight which in turn really depresses you ,l to decided something had to be done ,l was so unhappy being overweight ,but also knew only l could do something about it, l heard about LT from someone at work who had lost weight on it a few years ago,so l went on the website and also this site to get some info. Now at the end of my 4th week and feel GREAT, its so good to see the weight come off every week and share the experience with others, so good luck and keep in touch,it is such a motivation when you come on this site,and a great help when we have a bad day,xx

I've just finished my first week, and know how brave you are to take the first step. The first few days are the hardest. Don't overload before, just because you are about to do TFR, it will make it harder when you start. The first day I was lucky enough to be sick and home with the kids at school, I did a lot of napping. Come Saturday, I had to get out of the house, as I knew I couldn't cope with temptation. So, a day was spent at Legoland, with no extra money, so I couldn't eat. Distraction is the key. I counted down each day in thirds for the first 4 days, just to get through each part!

Now that my cravings aren't as strong and my body has adjusted to my 3 meals, it is easier. I don't wake up thinking about food anymore. I find my sense of smell comforting, and as i sit here I have a lovey Yankee Candle burning, smelling like baking spices. You'd think it would be torture, but it's not.

Also, try all of the foods. Some people HATE certain things, but you'll never know what will work for you unless you try it. Many don't like the chicken soup, and I wasn't keen to try it, but, turns out that is now my routine, after the kids are fed. I blend it up and pour it in a huge bowl and take my time having it. Also, for me, when I tried a vanilla shake in cold coffee on my 5th day, my eyes nearly watered for joy. It tasted like heavan. That would have never happened to me before. I drink all my shakes through straws and make sure I sit down before I start.

Take you're first step and keep coming back here for support!

Hi lah and welcome.

Firstly I think the strawberry and chocolate are the nicest. If you make them with really cold water and add ice cubes they are really nice to drink. Oh and use an electric mixer gets rid if all the lumps.

Drink 3 to 4 litres of water each day it really helps with weight loss and hunger.

Try not to focus on the amount u need to loose, just focus day by day pound by pound.

And lastly what keeps me going is this and I read it on here but can't remember who wrote it

It's hard being fat and it's hard on LT so choose which hard u want to be.

Good luck with it and when your having a bad day come on here for support.

hey slinky
thanks a lot dear for this advice. i will be on here a lot for a lot of moral support.

from now on my motto in this diet:
ITS HARD BEING FAT & ITS HARD ON LT, BUT I CHOOSE LT FOR A HEALTHIER ME!!!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Last edited:
Hi Lah....

Firstly, congratulations on making a decision to get fit and healthy.... and for joining this site... it is a God send...

Lipotrim is a fantastic plan for major weight loss but it does require determination, focus and discipline. The shakes are bland but thats its strength as it aims to erase your taste memory for all the rubbish stuff.... Personally I would focus on each day at a time until you have done a couple of weeks... it gets easier then.... promise!

Secondly, come here whenever you need support or have questions.... we have been where you are. No question is too silly.... Just figure out some food distraction techniques and well, start to love yourself...

Good luck, lovely - you can do it... but please dont cheat.... it rids you of all the positivity...

:D :D

hey Tori.
thanks a lot for such great advice.:cool::cool:
ye this will be my home for a long time to come. i definitely know that it will get tough so i need all the support i can get.

ta

Last edited:
Welcome lah, l know exactly how you feel,l have tried all the diets and lost minimal weight which in turn really depresses you ,l to decided something had to be done ,l was so unhappy being overweight ,but also knew only l could do something about it, l heard about LT from someone at work who had lost weight on it a few years ago,so l went on the website and also this site to get some info. Now at the end of my 4th week and feel GREAT, its so good to see the weight come off every week and share the experience with others, so good luck and keep in touch,it is such a motivation when you come on this site,and a great help when we have a bad day,xx

hi Angelamee
its really great to see how you have lost 17lbs already:cool::cool::cool::cool:
it really encourages me. ye i wil be on this site a lot coz already i feel i really want to do this and I CAN DO THIS. Thanks i really feel so encouraged and more determined than ever

ta
Lah

I've just finished my first week, and know how brave you are to take the first step. The first few days are the hardest. Don't overload before, just because you are about to do TFR, it will make it harder when you start. The first day I was lucky enough to be sick and home with the kids at school, I did a lot of napping. Come Saturday, I had to get out of the house, as I knew I couldn't cope with temptation. So, a day was spent at Legoland, with no extra money, so I couldn't eat. Distraction is the key. I counted down each day in thirds for the first 4 days, just to get through each part!

Now that my cravings aren't as strong and my body has adjusted to my 3 meals, it is easier. I don't wake up thinking about food anymore. I find my sense of smell comforting, and as i sit here I have a lovey Yankee Candle burning, smelling like baking spices. You'd think it would be torture, but it's not.

Also, try all of the foods. Some people HATE certain things, but you'll never know what will work for you unless you try it. Many don't like the chicken soup, and I wasn't keen to try it, but, turns out that is now my routine, after the kids are fed. I blend it up and pour it in a huge bowl and take my time having it. Also, for me, when I tried a vanilla shake in cold coffee on my 5th day, my eyes nearly watered for joy. It tasted like heavan. That would have never happened to me before. I drink all my shakes through straws and make sure I sit down before I start.

Take you're first step and keep coming back here for support!

hey bellamama
thanks a lot. will definitely try all that. i feel so encouraged and more determined now

ta
lah

Welcome Lah, Firstly welcome to the fourm, secondly congratulations on taking the right steps to do something about your health. Remember it's not all about getting into size 8 dress but the health benefits which go with losing weight. I arrived here about 7 weeks ago and I am pleased to say I am doing fine, there are some trying moments but I get though them. l have tried all the diets, Slimming World, Weight Watchers, you name it I would have followed it for a bit without any results.
I decided something had to be done, l was in the obese category and so unhappy.
I came acroos this site by chance and discovered LT which is God sent for people like me. I will be starting my 7th week on Sunday, I am happier, lighter and healthier. I look forward to my weigh in sessions and its nice to see the weight simply slide off. We come here and celebrate our losses with like minded people.
Keep drinking and stay 100% :D good luck

thanks a lot dolphin. like you i have tried other diets before but to no avail. i really wish i could have known about LT earlier. anyway i am so glad to be here and am looking forward to a new me.

i have just got all my shakes and soups from the chemist and i am now waiting for monday to come because that is when i start. i have been encouraged a lot bu the posts here so much that i am so determined to go thru it. indeed LT is a God send for me too.

i pray that i succeed!!!!!!111111

hey guys
so i got weighed n all today and then got my weeks supply of shakes and soups. i am starting on monday. i am so excited about this and thanks to posts on the forum i am so determined to do this.

i wish me so much luck.

lah

Back