I am thouroughly knackered...

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Back2Black, 7 June 2010 Social URL.

1. Back2Black

Back2Black Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    WW Pro Points
    I have just powerwalked 2.16miles with my pooch... time for bed now me thinks :8855:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Funky Mum

Funky Mum Silver Member

Well done! And the calorie burning carries on for 48 hours :)

4. Back2Black

Back2Black Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    WW Pro Points
    Really? I am planning to do 15 miles this week so still 12.84 miles to go :)

5. Katie_Victoria

Katie_Victoria Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(30%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Well done. I admire your ability to go out and actually exercise. I'm dead lazy. Me and exercising do not get on at all :)

6. Kaz2803

Kaz2803 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.68%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating and exercise
    well done! I always feel really motivated after some exercise! :)

Funky Mum, how does the calorie burning thing work? I like the sound of that! :D

7. Back2Black

Back2Black Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    WW Pro Points
    Look at your weight loss, you are doing fab :) I have a dog and a horse so no excuses for me not to exercise :(

Thanks :) I feel motivated enough to have a piece of WW Carrot Cake nom nom lol

8. maclynn

maclynn Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st10lb
    Hi, well done on the exercise. I love getting me puppy out for his exerecise, he it usually turns into a run, as he forgets your on the end of the lead!!!!:)

9. Funky Mum

Funky Mum Silver Member

It was on a programme a while ago -

10 things you should know about dieting. The main principles being...

Don't skip meals.
    A CT scan of the brain showed the brain lighting up when a volunteer who had skipped breakfast was shown pics of high calorie, high fat food and little reaction to low-cal food. The volunteer who had eaten breakfast scan showed no difference between pics of low cal food and High cal food. The area of the brain lighting up was one associated with appetite so the brain was guiding choice towards calorie laden food (think pastries at morning break)

Eating a protein rich breakfast (or any other meal) keeps you satisfied for longer because it triggers the release of more of the chemical that tells the brain you are full.

Eating low-fat dairy products helps the body to excrete more unabsorbed fat than usual. Dairy calcium binds with fat in the small intestine and passes through without being absorbed. So skimmed milk, low-fat yoghurt, cottage cheese, fromage frais etc all help to carry away fat in the gut. (this was clearly demonstrated in lab tests of sample stools - yuk)

The 'burn' from exercise carries on well into the next day. The volunteer ran at 4mph for 90 minutes and his fat burn measured. It wasn't that impressive but next day showed how it had carried on. The body accesses carbohydrates easily during exercise and has to use stored body fat to run everything over the next hours - impressive

Building small amounts of 'activity' into daily routine significantly increases heart rate and calorie expeniture. The volunteer was Aimee Lamee, US comedienne and broadcaster. She was more active at home, spent less time sitting at lunchtime and more time walking and talking, she did her radio show standing up and moving around. It made a significant difference.

People generally under-report their intake by 40 to 60%. Count and record everything, including every snack and calorie laden sauce

Soup fills you up for longer. The same food was served to two groups of soldiers. Half ate chicken, rice and veg on a plate with a glass of water. The other half ate the identical food and water liquidized and served as a soup. Stomach scans showed the soup still in the stomach long after the other group's stomachs were empty and calling to be fed.

Eat on a smaller plate. You will eat up to 22% less than usual. They confirmed this by giving one group of people a small tub of popcorn, and one group of large popcorn. They were asked to eat as much as they wanted. Both groups ate to their full and didn't finish their tubs. The group with the large tubs ate significantly more because the food was available, and they could not stop when they were full.

Our bodies are wired to seek out variety in food. So keep away from the buffets because it is in our nature to want lots of different things. You are likey to eat about 30% more compared to when your choice is more limited. This is because our ancestors enjoyed and looked for variety when there wasn't much food about. Their experiment included letting people help themselves to free sweets - one bowl all purple, the other bowl multi-coloured. The multi-coloured sweetie bowl was finished twice as quickly as the single coloured ones.

Back2Black likes this.
  10. struthie

struthie Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.55%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watcher's
    Excellent - well done,good for your pooch too x

11. Back2Black

Back2Black Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    WW Pro Points
    Thats a really interesting read thanks for sharing hon :)

12. vanda

vanda plodding away

Start Weight:
    19st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.17%)
    Diet:
    faffing about
    Well done on the exercise front, its an area I need to do better on - am slowly working on it

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.