Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

I ate ice cream at 6am and i'm fed up. Today is a fresh start

Discussion in 'Strugglers and Restarters' started by miss-r, 29 July 2011 Social URL.

1. miss-r

miss-r I can do it!!

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.31%)
    I am so fed up, I got up at 6am and ate 3/4 tub of ice cream. I wasnt even hungry. I am so cross with myself. I have to get my eating issues sorted.
    For me eating can be like a form of self harm. It is all linked to my low self esteem/low confidence/boredom and I must sort this out. I am so fed up of feeling a failure.

I lost 2 and a half stone last summer and since getting married in march i've put 2 stone back on. My new clothes dont fit and I am now up to 16 stone 10.

I am going to put photos up in my kitchen.

I plan to use up my cambridge diet shakes in the day and have a sensible evening meal with lots of fruit and veg. I dont want to cut out food groups this time.

I am 30 in 2012 and would like to be a healthy weight for then.

Would love to hear from anyone with similar issues x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Emmaline

Emmaline Hippety Hop!

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6.2lb(8.94%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting and low carbs
    Hi Miss-r, Oh dear! You do seem to be going round and round in circles don't you?
    After reading most of your threads that you started I do feel so sympathetic as I have been there, done that and got the T shirt!
    But continually beating yourself up over your failings is not going to help .. especially with your ever decreasing self esteem and confidence. That's where you have to start. .... :girlpower:

Take a look at what is the underlying problems you are facing. I wouldn't want to infer anything about you but as you said that a lot of this occurred after you got married. Perhaps you are feeling undermined or under valued... What about getting some counselling?

In my own experience I had such a lot of things bugging me and I went to my docs and got a six week counselling course which I didn't think I would get at the age of 75 at the time. Did me a great deal of good and have been able to move on with my life now.

I do soo feel for you and hope you will be able to get something to help you.
    Being on here has given me a great boost as well with all these friendly people, so don't forget, we are all rooting for you.... :wavey:

4. miss-r

miss-r I can do it!!

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.31%)
    Thanks so much for your message. I need to do that too. Quite simply I agree with everything you say. It is in my head.
    Thanks for your support :)

Thanks so much for your message.
    I am very happy indeed to be married but I gained weight on honeymoon and kept gaining which has affected my confidence.
    I agree I have underlying issues.
    I am in a bit of a rut at the moment, I am not sure what to do with my life next. I am not ready for children and even if I was I am too heavy right now. I want a new career or something just not sure how/what.
    I am a bit lonely and I eat because of that, but I am feeling quite positive today now.
    I don't think I want counselling right now but thanks for suggesting it.
    Thanks for your support :)

5. Lil_Mrs_Sunshine

Lil_Mrs_Sunshine Spring Challenge!

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.64%)
    Im in a similar place to yourself. I got married last year, in a size 6 dress. Honeymoon was heaven.

From October I have been in a cycle of bingeing and purging and as such I have gained at least 3 stone (all of which I want to loose). I can eat until the cows come home; mainly when I am alone and hubby is at work.

I really want to be these three stone (or even 2) by my birthday in December. I dont think I will be confident/happy until I am there.

6. miss-r

miss-r I can do it!!

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.31%)
    I eat when i'm alone too, I haven't done purging though. Looking positively at your situation at least you don't have quite so much to lose. Have you heard of beck diet solution? I am thinking of reading that.
    I hope you are having a good day :)

7. miss-r

miss-r I can do it!!

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.31%)
    Today I have got up painted my nails (only clear) and I had 2 slices of white bread and a glass of semi skimmed milk for breakfast. I should have had a shake so was not very good. I need to get some low gi foods in and some protein. I have semi skimmed milk but does having it with white bread make bread much lower g.i. I am not very optimistic about that.
    Last night I had noodles, with shredded carrot with a bit of veg stock and coriander. It was a bit boring and not low g.i. either.

Will have to write a shopping list

8. Lil_Mrs_Sunshine

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.64%)
    I have just ordered a copy of the beck diet solution. How have you been finding it?

9. miss-r

miss-r I can do it!!

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.31%)
    I haven't got a copy yet! I hope you are having a good day!

10. Lil_Mrs_Sunshine

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.64%)
    would you like mine?

11. kellyshines

kellyshines Banned

is it no good?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.