I ate ice cream at 6am and i'm fed up. Today is a fresh start

Discussion in 'Strugglers and Restarters' started by miss-r, 29 July 2011 Social URL.

1. miss-r

miss-r I can do it!!

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.31%)
    I am so fed up, I got up at 6am and ate 3/4 tub of ice cream. I wasnt even hungry. I am so cross with myself. I have to get my eating issues sorted.
    For me eating can be like a form of self harm. It is all linked to my low self esteem/low confidence/boredom and I must sort this out. I am so fed up of feeling a failure.

I lost 2 and a half stone last summer and since getting married in march i've put 2 stone back on. My new clothes dont fit and I am now up to 16 stone 10.

I am going to put photos up in my kitchen.

I plan to use up my cambridge diet shakes in the day and have a sensible evening meal with lots of fruit and veg. I dont want to cut out food groups this time.

I am 30 in 2012 and would like to be a healthy weight for then.

Would love to hear from anyone with similar issues x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Emmaline

Emmaline Hippety Hop!

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8.2lb(9.82%)
    Diet:
    calorie counting and low carbs
    Hi Miss-r, Oh dear! You do seem to be going round and round in circles don't you?
    After reading most of your threads that you started I do feel so sympathetic as I have been there, done that and got the T shirt!
    But continually beating yourself up over your failings is not going to help .. especially with your ever decreasing self esteem and confidence. That's where you have to start. .... :girlpower:

Take a look at what is the underlying problems you are facing. I wouldn't want to infer anything about you but as you said that a lot of this occurred after you got married. Perhaps you are feeling undermined or under valued... What about getting some counselling?

In my own experience I had such a lot of things bugging me and I went to my docs and got a six week counselling course which I didn't think I would get at the age of 75 at the time. Did me a great deal of good and have been able to move on with my life now.

I do soo feel for you and hope you will be able to get something to help you.
    Being on here has given me a great boost as well with all these friendly people, so don't forget, we are all rooting for you.... :wavey:

4. miss-r

miss-r I can do it!!

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.31%)
    Thanks so much for your message. I need to do that too. Quite simply I agree with everything you say. It is in my head.
    Thanks for your support :)

Thanks so much for your message.
    I am very happy indeed to be married but I gained weight on honeymoon and kept gaining which has affected my confidence.
    I agree I have underlying issues.
    I am in a bit of a rut at the moment, I am not sure what to do with my life next. I am not ready for children and even if I was I am too heavy right now. I want a new career or something just not sure how/what.
    I am a bit lonely and I eat because of that, but I am feeling quite positive today now.
    I don't think I want counselling right now but thanks for suggesting it.
    Thanks for your support :)

5. Lil_Mrs_Sunshine

Lil_Mrs_Sunshine Spring Challenge!

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.64%)
    Im in a similar place to yourself. I got married last year, in a size 6 dress. Honeymoon was heaven.

From October I have been in a cycle of bingeing and purging and as such I have gained at least 3 stone (all of which I want to loose). I can eat until the cows come home; mainly when I am alone and hubby is at work.

I really want to be these three stone (or even 2) by my birthday in December. I dont think I will be confident/happy until I am there.

6. miss-r

miss-r I can do it!!

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.31%)
    I eat when i'm alone too, I haven't done purging though. Looking positively at your situation at least you don't have quite so much to lose. Have you heard of beck diet solution? I am thinking of reading that.
    I hope you are having a good day :)

7. miss-r

miss-r I can do it!!

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.31%)
    Today I have got up painted my nails (only clear) and I had 2 slices of white bread and a glass of semi skimmed milk for breakfast. I should have had a shake so was not very good. I need to get some low gi foods in and some protein. I have semi skimmed milk but does having it with white bread make bread much lower g.i. I am not very optimistic about that.
    Last night I had noodles, with shredded carrot with a bit of veg stock and coriander. It was a bit boring and not low g.i. either.

Will have to write a shopping list

8. Lil_Mrs_Sunshine

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.64%)
    I have just ordered a copy of the beck diet solution. How have you been finding it?

9. miss-r

miss-r I can do it!!

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.31%)
    I haven't got a copy yet! I hope you are having a good day!

10. Lil_Mrs_Sunshine

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.64%)
    would you like mine?

11. kellyshines

kellyshines Banned

is it no good?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.