• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

I bought a bike on thursday...

Gold Member
well done Ruth - Must be hard to get back on a your bike after so long ! - i got a spin bike as not quite ready for the world to see my bum in the air lol ... i can only do short bursts ,
it's a start you should track your progress i am sure in no time your be doing longer rides and really enjoying it :)

Silver Member
Good on you Ruth. We bought bikes year past Christmas and they've only been out a couple of times but this year i AM cycling. Everywhere out of our village is a hill so i have to put bike on car and drive about 20mins away but thats okay. When the sun is shining i really enjoy it. Looking forward to being fit enough to cycle from house!
Good on you for giving it a go, I have a bike but it needs a good service at Halfords! I did do about two mins on my exercise bike yesterday tghough and it knackered me!

Gold Member
Thanks all! My bottom is really sore now though.......
My asthma kicks in whenever I try and get out on my bike, but I am going out tonight to give it another go.

We have got some lovely countryside near us and the new forest on our doorstep. Not sure if I can make it there quite yet, but I am going to build up to it slowly.
Well managed to get out on my bike tonight and managed more than I thought. I gave it a good 45 minutes around the village and through the forest and I was absolutely exhausted by the time I got home.

I have to admit I am feeling it a bit now, have felt a little lightheaded since i got back, I have had my shake and a bar since i have been back and I think I will take it a bit easier next time.

I dont want my new found ability to exercise to back fire on me.!!