I bought myself a dance hoop/hoola hoop

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by slimandhappy, 24 April 2009 Social URL.

1. slimandhappy

slimandhappy Full Member

Start Weight:
    9st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(8.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I found it in a local charity shop. It is a professional hoop with an exercise dvd.
    I have always been good at hoola hooping, but for the last hour, I have been trying to do one exercise, which looks so easy when the experts do it.
    So every day next week, I am going to do one exercise until I get it right, then go on to the next.
    My waist is killing me, so it must be working.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. skinny_fi

skinny_fi Full Member

I had always though about getting a hula hoop. Track your progess I would love to hear how you are getting on with it

4. RM07

RM07 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st7.5lb(33.48%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've been looking at these and wondered if they were just like a normal hula hoop that I could pick up from Tesco or is it weighted?

5. tara40

tara40 Loves Norman Reedus

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(12.95%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
  6. *angie*

*angie* loves food and cooking

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(3.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World and 5:2 (not together)
    Hello! I hoop!

I also use an adult sized (42") weighted (700g) hoop (I have my own) - and I go to a weekly class, it is enormous fun!

In fact I was in the garden this morning doing about 20 mins of practice, which I do every day I can get outside - I can hoop inside, but I do alot of the lifting over the head tricks (lasso, vortex, lifts etc) and I live in a tiny, low ceilinged cottage!!!

There are some good step by step videos on you tube if you ever need an alternative guide 'how to do something' ...

I love hooping. It is the first form of exercise that I have ever enjoyed, and am motivated to practice regularly - what a find in a charity shop lucky you - I paid full price for mine!

7. slimandhappy

slimandhappy Full Member

Start Weight:
    9st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(8.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Angie
    Has hoola hooping made your waist any smaller. I lose weight from all parts of my body except my waist, so I was wondering if it would work? I have good old fashioned middle age spread.
    I have a small lounge too, and was going to go in the garden, maybe tomorrow. I will look on u tube now. Thanks for the tip

8. *angie*

*angie* loves food and cooking

Start Weight:
    12st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5.5lb(3.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World and 5:2 (not together)
    I don't know if it has made my waist any smaller, but it has certainly firmed up my abdominal muscles, and is more aerobic exercise than I have ever done before!

In some ways, it is hard to tell what the diet has achieved, and what the hooping has achieved, but I think it may have firmed up the tum and stopped a bit of the wobble :rolleyes:

The you tube clips that are good are a lady dressed in a fetching pink tracksuit (!) 'expert village' or something - she has done a whole series of tutorials from the basic to the very complicated!

9. slimandhappy

slimandhappy Full Member

Start Weight:
    9st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(8.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Thanks for that, I will have a look on you tube to see if I can find her.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.