I came, I saw....I cupcaked!

Vampyra

So sorry about the stooopid heading, Said to hubby "i cant think of a nifty title for my weightloss diary" and that ladies and gentleman was his well thought idea!! Only because friends and work colleagues refer to me as the cake lady as its my hobby, and he thought it apt. Hmmmm, cant fathom that one out. Anyhoo, I bake and decorate cakes for folk in my spare time, not that I have much of that these days, but I dont eat any. No,No hubby and daughter are the quality control testers, its not why I'm fat", there, ive said the 'f' word. Ive come out! I WAS a size 12 until I moved localities a few years ago. Not long after second marriage I became poorly but was kept waiting nearly two n half years for a hysterectomy and eventually also an appendicectomy. I was sat about at home in pain, looking atbthe same four walls all that time. Had to give up my job at the time and was very depressed. sitting around couch potato, lack of exercise, even though I dont over eat, the weight piled on. Eventually I got up to a size 20 and at 5' tall have to say it was a great embarrassment.

Last January I started the Go Lower diet, ended the three month plan, lost a stone which kept off until latter part of the year. couple of holidays and Christmas though has caused a bit of a weight gain. Cant afford another £800 up front so looked at other diets. saw an advert somewhere for the Dukan diet and thought it follows a similar principle in that it uses ketosis as a way of burning body fat to lose weight. Good thing is I can cook my own meals and control what I eat so I am relearning as I go along and waving goodbye to carbs.

As I suffer from high blood pressure, this, and the need to lookgood in a swimsuit! Is my motivation for losing weight.

I was on this site a year ago and know I can count on friendly support, help and suggestions to keep me on the right path, and a laugh along the way!

To start my weight is at 11'1.7lbs today Saturday 5th Jan. and I am working towards 9 stones.
Dr Dukan said I should get there mid March. Need to go back and look for exact date. I rather think it may take longer as I find my way around the ins and outs of the diet but I dont mind a long haul as for me, this is going to be for life.

I willl look out the tape measure tomorrow and check on measurements.

Bought four new bras today from Boundary Mill and thought hey thats a bit daft, first place to lose weight from is me boobs! Aaaarrrgh!

Morning Vamypra and welcome!

Take your boulder-holders back to the shop, love, they'll be falling off you soon :D

P x

Haha Pauline.....well I truly hope so! Actually its my erm tummy I need to be rid off, would like a tummy tuck but need to lose weight first. not too sure of my bmi...at 5' tall in me sox and weighing in at 11'1.7lbs in the red corner I must be over 30 bmi. Cant fathom out these blessed scales we bought yesterday. Hubby says you need to stand on em backwards to get the reading! Whaaaaa? How can I get the reading if Im facing the other way. "Look between your legs" he says! Pfft yeah right.

Sunday 6.1.13. started cruise, oh heavenly mushrooms - had two turkey rashers (arent they small....AND weird) a large flat black scrumptious mushroom, one egg (which broke so didnt cook as nice) and four baby plum tomatoes, all cooked in the same pan wiped with a tincey bit of oil. So Im going to use all my oats to make bread so I can have some for lunch today with some smoked salmon and possibly for lunch tomorrow. Making the lightly spiced chicken for tea with brocolli, courgette and carrots.

One thing I need to ask, but its prob the wrong place - does that breakfast sound about right for a pv day? Not too sure about quantities?? also I saw in the book that you can have low fat 'proper' bacon which I think I might prefer. Going to use two of my turkey rashers on my bread with some herby quark for lunch tomorrow.

To start off my walking which I admit to not having done yet, Im going to walk down the hill to Tescos later, it will probably kill me coming back up but I need to get some sugar free jellies! Do you buy ready made little pot ones or do you buy solid jelly and make it up?

Only going to display stats once a week, weigh in Saturday mornings.

Afternoon vamp xxx I but the sugar free jelly crystals and we are allowed 2/3 of the portion . your breakfast sounded yummy. good luck xxx

Hiya Vamp

Breakfast sounds fabulous to me! I think the veg/protein ratio is 1:3 but to be honest I don't worry about it .... I think it must be very difficult to OD on veg!! ;)

P x

Hi, thanks re the jellies. Been on my walk to Tesco, face was like a beetroot after the walk uphill....very steep! Bought some sf jelly crystals and they had pots of readymades 6 for £2. Less than 10 calories with sweetener not sugar so got orange and mango, cranberry and raspberry and blackcurrant. Only having one now and then if im desperate for something sweet and be handy for work too, tho I feel like Im losing the taste for sweet stuff. did you find the same?

Can I ask ppl if they manage to do their 30mins walking everyday?

Hmmmm vegetables! (Bad Homer Simpson impression) ..... Dont think I could ever give up meat entirely but I do love veg and have always done a vegetarian nite one day a week. So really looking forward to cruise.

Ellllooooooo & welcome to the diaries

You sound like you are doing well & your brekkie sounded fine. I've had 6 turkey rashers a few times !!!!!!

Looking forward to reading you :)

Well started cruise yesterday. did okay with the lightly spiced chicken and veg for tea. Still not having enough water, its more a problem at work really. Make up for it a little at night.

Just on way to bed amd decided to have a weigh in. Down to 10st 13lbs tonite, tho I wasnt going to weigh until Saturday but I was curious!

Was 11'8lbs, started Dukan last Thursday, down to 11'1.7 lbs by Saturday evening and now 10'13, quite chuffed didnt think I was losing. Oh to be a loser! Yippee.

Didnt like the quiche for work, went a bit soggy so decided to only have them at home. Will be having simple things like ham rollups, cottage cheese, chicken for work lunches with a possible sf jelly on pp days, and various meats with salads on pv days.

Tea today was boring as I had forgotten to prep this morning, so had chicken leg and ham, but felt hungry later so had my daily allowance of oatbran as porridge and boy did I enjoy it. Feel nice and warm and full for bedtime.

Tomorrow I am more organised for. Porridge for brekkie, cup of tea, ham and cottage cheese n blackcurrant jelly for lunch, steamed cod with broccoli and a little white sauce made with quark n herbs for tea. Havent eaten so much fish in a long while as hubby doesnt eat fish so I never bothered, but Im really enjoying it.
Wasnt sure how I was doing, but just this little loss is heading in the right direction so Im happy with that....for now.

:thankyou: To all who have given me advice and support. PLEASE keep it coming, your support today will be mine to someone else in the future! At the least, encouragement but hopefully by the time I get to conso I will have learnt a lot more. Thanx again x

Great...loving your positive vibes xxx

Brilliant loss, well done x

Not weighing in until Saturday as I think to do it daily theres too much fluctuation and its offputting. Today was a busy day at work so just as well I had my oatbran porridge for breakfast. didnt have lunch until nearly 2 oclock and as its a PP day had a small breast of roasted chicken with tarragon and some cottage cheese I had left over, then a sf jelly.
Felt a bit hungrynwhen I got home tonight but the cod I was hopefully going to have was not suitable for cooking from frozen. As my plaice was ruined by microwaving to defrost yesterday I decided not to do the same to the cod so in the end I had a large ham and quark omelette. It was ok. 9pm had another sf jelly, blackcurrant, nice! BUT .i have to confess that ive ruined things by having an options 60cals hot choc. I was feeling cold, tired and miserable, think im coming down with sumat as my joints and neck are aching badly. (I do suffer from arthritis now and then) but it was a silly thing to do. Just hope i havent thrown myself out of ketosis and have to start again. going to have to be stringent with myself for the next few days. Ho hum and I had been doing well.

I need to get a bit more organised so ive taken the steak out for tomorrow nights tea to have with some courgettes and onions. Having prawns and smoked salmon salad for lunch, just hope it doesnt smell too strong in the middle of the meeting! Lol.

Welcome Vampyra,
It's true that planning ahead really is crucial with this diet. Drink plenty of water today to flush that nasty drink away!
Have you tried baking with the oatbran, as the quantity of porridge you get with the oatbran allowance really is tiny. I have muffins each morning (check out bottom of p.1 of recipe section) and they're really filling.

As for the walking, I've become an addict. Like you, initially I found it a drag and I'd be out of breath, red faced and even (horror of horrors) sweaty on my arrival at work - I used to walk the last 20 mins. Now I walk all the way (unless its raining) and really miss it if I don't do it and it's helped my arthrosis too!

So baby steps, keep the walking up, but don't do more than you're comfortable with. You'll soon find that red face a thing of the past!

x

Oh and you could fill out your statistics (click on "update statistics" to the right of the screen beneath your name) and follow your progress, and put in a signature too so that we can follow!

Righteo, will do the above a bit later today...just going Tescos and travel agents ;0)

Not such a good week weight loss wise....lost 1lb. Think I know reason...not enough water, walking or eating enough. (Already owned up to the hot choc drink)! ........a stringent week this week methinks. Im not going to beat myself up over it, it was a bad week workwise, been shattered. Putting it behind me and just going to get on with it. Im not sprinting to finish, just jogging along. ;0)

yesterday I rushed out without breakfast, had smoked salmon fishcakes for lunch as LauraB21s recipe....only had three to use up salmon I had over, yum. Had two harissa chicken breasts for tea...pp day. Used remaining oat bran to make an oatbran biccie...it was a trial run and it was good so will use that again. Cinnamon.

Today....no breakfast again as rushing to get out, so many errands to do but will have something out, maybe just a coffee tho so not to be sidetracked....its a pv day so having a galette with bresaola and salad for lunch and moussaka for tea. MAY also have a nice toffee yogurt too. going to drink a lot more water today.

At weigh in this morning had lost only a 1lb...10'13 to 10'12. Only got myself to blame. Stick to the plan Ali, stick to the plan!

Great attitude vamp a few bad days/week should spoil the master plan xxx the famous Dukan Moto....a marathon not a sprint xxx

Great attitude vamp a few bad days/week should spoil the master plan xxx the famous Dukan Moto....a marathon not a sprint xxx

Thanks sididd. ;0). I dont feel quite so bad now.

Well, weekend came and went and I had two PV days side by side. dont know why I bothered really....Saturday tea I made the moussaka from out of the book...was ok, needed a bit more kick to it. Very very lean steak mince was kinda bland. Used the rest of the mince up on Sunday to stuff a small marrow but it was rather watery so disappointing. I remember my Nan doing these when I was knee high to a grasshopper (still am!). she stuffed hers with mince and onions and loadsa oxo or with sausagemeat and onions and they tasted good....mine was a bit lame.

But as I had two pv days together, I decided that yesterday and today would be PP. Who wouldve thought that anyone would crave vegetables but Im anxiously waiting for veg tomorrow.

Please can you have a look at these menus that Ive had over the last four days and tell me if this is ok or where Im going wrongg. Im still at 10'13" but not weighing in now until the weekend so I dont get downhearted.

Saturday. Missed breakfast (again) as rushed into town. Lunch wasnt until 3pm ham omelette (i think) and then the moussaka for tea and later on a sf jelly. Had two or three cups of tea and a small bottle of water.

Sunday.....had a yogurt for breakfast. Brunch about 2pm was two dry fried eggs, 2 rashers lean bacon, no visible fat...two plum tomatoes. And 1 slice of black pudding!.....sorry . But it was good Bury made black pud. Tea was the stuffed marrow only a small-un and shared with daughter who thought it was yuk! Had a yogurt later. A milky coffee in the morning made of skimmed milk made up from Marvel. 3 cups tea throughout the day and two large glasses water.

Monday was a planned day mealwise but ended up a bad one....had yogurt for breakfast sitting in the car waiting for the boss. Took some turkey rollups...made with bresaola and some ham in the middle. they tasted nice but without anything else, a bit dry. Had a sf orange jelly. Yum. i make several brews at work but rarely get to drink them...just a few sips but work takes over! Had a large glass of water at bedtime but realise im not drinking enough of it. Trouble is what with water tablets if I drink too much in the evening Im up all night needing to pee!

Today I had oatbran porridge, I do like it, For breakfast. Cup of tea.
Lunch was just two slices chunky ham cut in pieces and a sf blackcurrant jelly...had to rush it down between meetings and only had fifteen minutes tops for lunch. Ggrrr. For tea Ive got a lamb steak im just sprinking some chilli flakes, dried mint n garlic on and baking in oven in own juices, going to dip the lamb strips into yogurt ive mixed with lemon juice and cumin. Also got two small chicken pieces which Im going to marinade in yogurt with chipotle.. To eat later. Plus another jelly if I feel I need something sweet. ;o).

Having prawn salad for lunch tomorrow....got cod loins (?). For tea making a parsley sauce using creme fraiche, got frozen broccoli and some courgettes to use up.

Back