I can resist everything....

liripip

....except temptation! There's food everywhere aaaarrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!! I've had to do a food shop (my dad lives with me and I've got two boys) and they always say never shop on an empty stomach. Nightmare! Sometimes I think it would be loads easier if i lived alone, I would just throw every morsel away (or eat it all the day before I started CD lol) I've also had to cook loads of soft boiled eggs for my uni project tonight. Not happy :(

I'm not even that hungry but it feels as tho I only want it cos I can't have it. Think I'm just out to sabotage myself. My mum reckons its cos I think I don't deserve to be thin, but I DO! It's what I want more than anything. Does anyone ever feel the same? Or am I just a loony lol

liripip said:
....except temptation! There's food everywhere aaaarrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!! I've had to do a food shop (my dad lives with me and I've got two boys) and they always say never shop on an empty stomach. Nightmare! Sometimes I think it would be loads easier if i lived alone, I would just throw every morsel away (or eat it all the day before I started CD lol) I've also had to cook loads of soft boiled eggs for my uni project tonight. Not happy :(

I'm not even that hungry but it feels as tho I only want it cos I can't have it. Think I'm just out to sabotage myself. My mum reckons its cos I think I don't deserve to be thin, but I DO! It's what I want more than anything. Does anyone ever feel the same? Or am I just a loony lol

Nope we all get it. That's the emotional eating and generally why we're overweight. We're not hungry yet see something and want to eat it. Wish I knew the answer though lol x

Rkmriddell said:
Nope we all get it. That's the emotional eating and generally why we're overweight. We're not hungry yet see something and want to eat it. Wish I knew the answer though lol x

Me too! I never see myself as a comfort/emotional eater as I think I'm quite happy most of the time but I must be deep down. Think I'm in denial! Eating nice stuff is nice tho lol x

liripip said:
Me too! I never see myself as a comfort/emotional eater as I think I'm quite happy most of the time but I must be deep down. Think I'm in denial! Eating nice stuff is nice tho lol x

I'm just an emotional eater not even about comfort lol. I eat when I'm tired bored fed up lonely the list goes on and on x

I never really considered myself a comfort eater, but the more I think about it I have been using food for comfort and to cheer myself up, and food is not meant to be used in that way. So I'm just trying to find something else that gives me that little bit of happy satisaction throughout the day other than a bar of chocolate (which I was eating almost everyday) xD And it's only tempting because you can't have it. I bet once you've reached your goal weight you wont even think twice about it!

Rkmriddell said:
I'm just an emotional eater not even about comfort lol. I eat when I'm tired bored fed up lonely the list goes on and on x

I always thought they were the same, I can see the difference now. I used to imagine it to mean that you only eat to make yourself happy, forgetting that there's loads of different emotions - duh lol! I'm very similar, eating when I'm bored, tired etc. I also find it very hard to feel full sometimes.

liripip said:
I always thought they were the same, I can see the difference now. I used to imagine it to mean that you only eat to make yourself happy, forgetting that there's loads of different emotions - duh lol! I'm very similar, eating when I'm bored, tired etc. I also find it very hard to feel full sometimes.

God I never feel full :( one of the hardest parts as i can literally eat a mountain of pasta and still want more. Doesn't help that I'm greedy too so I pile that plate high. One of the things the maintenance teaches you is about the portion size. Some of the meals on it are delicious too so i need to ride it out this time. Xx

Back