I cant do it :( helppp?

Two weeks ago I gained 1.5 lb. I was on plan 100% and was exercising, I was also drinking a LOT of water and ate a pretty big meal beforehand. So pretty obvious how it looked like a gain and I knew this! Yet for some reason I slipped and slipped and eventually took two weeks off. Today I weighed for the first time since and lost 4lb. Probably because I wasn't full of food and water. But I know for a fact there is no way I'm getting away with it.
Even if I ate perfectly, I'd be beginning exercises again and would retain water again.
I'm not ready to handle an unearned gain.

That's not even my problem. The problem is that the thought of anything slimming world friendly sounds disgusting to me right now, because I suddenly despise all fruit and vegetables. Grrrrrr
Someone help me! Someone who's been through exactly this who can advise me? :'(

fab losses so far gollywogg! have you noticed your 'off plan' gains are 4 weekly? maybe its a star week/menstrual cycle problem (assuming you're a lady!) and thats why you're going off the rails at that time, might just need a bit of planning and preparing at those times.

if you're off fruit and veg why not try a couple of green days, superfree is advised but not essential for green and original.

do you go to group or do it at home alone?

good luck xx

Definitely go red or green if you're sick of fruit and veg. Think fry ups (with fry light of course), cheese on toast, steak and chips, macaroni cheese, quorn spaghetti bolognase, smash pizza with whole meal garlic bread and loads more!

When I feel like this, have a flip through a sw mag and maybe try a new recipe? it reminds you of your love for eating healthily and all the great things you can eat! x

Actually great advice ^.^ thanks!

I think I just needed some nice food too, I kept spending loads of time cooking recipes that kept turning out horrible! I'm back on track ^.^

I found myself getting very annoyed with some of the SW recipes from a couple of the little cheapy books I bought from group. Tasteless and bland. I bought the 30 minute recipe book and so far everything we've tried in that has been fantastic. The new 50 Green recipe book also looks fantastic. I'm very cautious when I cook now, taste as I go and if in doubt add Worcestershire sauce to everything! :D Your losses are fantastic, and you can definitely get through your rough patch, just give yourself some new flavours to get those taste buds excited again. :D Good luck! x

when im not diggin the plan i make things that seem off plan cheese filled syn free hex a cheese and b wholemeal bap burgers with sw chips and salad or a kebab or a curry you can make em all syn free i love tatty ash and if you nake a big pan it is actually quite low syn

What's tatty ash?

You know what, I don't like any recipes I've found. That's my main thing cos I go out and spend loads of money on exotic ingredients then spend ages preparing and cooking then I'm dead disappointed! The nicest meals I've had have always been when I've randomly thrown ingredients I fancied together.
Although I've tweaked the KFC recipe to a pretty nice standard now, I hated that the first few times :)
I was dead angry at how **** sw friendly actifry chips were but since I've started just making them with my hex b of x virgin olive oil they're amazing!

i cook recipies everyday of the week for tea,
so far we had
chicken kiev
ragu pasta bake
pepper steak
egg chip. and bean is good when you cant be bothered lol
i try to do something new and i try to stay away from ones with from frias in cos i find it overpowers the dish and hubby doesnt like it

Gollywogg - why don't you list some of your absolute favourite NON SW foods, and see if everyone can come up with SW version for you? :)

Pretty good idea dreamwatch! I myself am very fussy and not keen on veg so when I get the mag I flick through it and think well I wouldnt like that recipe and so on! Only really read it for the information pages and inspiration from other readers who got to target. I manage with my own S W version of recipes. With a little imagination it can be done! 2st 5lb down proves that :)

What's tatty ash?

You know what, I don't like any recipes I've found. That's my main thing cos I go out and spend loads of money on exotic ingredients then spend ages preparing and cooking then I'm dead disappointed! The nicest meals I've had have always been when I've randomly thrown ingredients I fancied together.
Although I've tweaked the KFC recipe to a pretty nice standard now, I hated that the first few times :)
I was dead angry at how **** sw friendly actifry chips were but since I've started just making them with my hex b of x virgin olive oil they're amazing!
its a lancashire thing i think 1 tin of corned beef i buy mine at aldi and its 11.5 syns a tin loads of onion potato and carrots all peeled and chopped pop in a big pan with chopped corned beef and cover with water and add plenty of pepper and beef stock cubes its easy simple tasty wholesome food and i have it with pickled red cabbage and beetroot as part of my 1/3 superfree plus the carrots and onion i grew up on this its cheap filling and leaves me with a warm feeling inside its my ultimate comfort food from my childhood

in fact ive got a pan of it on now as my parents are down visiting and we have 6 adults and a child to feed tonight all good eaters and there will still be leftovers i recon so thats only 2 syns or less per person

I've not started my meetings yet so can't advise on the plan but as a serial dieter and weigher........ You might want to switch to only weighing fortnightly? Or even monthly!! Can the consultant do your weeks WI but not tell you what it is? I'm so much more relaxed when I'm not weighing daily. It's been a real eye opener to me. I can focus on my plan and on just cooking decent healthy food without trying to skim off every calorie/syn i can just so the scales go down!!!

As I said I'm joining in June (having to switch some shifts etc to be able) but I'm following the plan at home so I don't know what actually happens at the meetings!!

I need the weekly weigh yknow. Cos then I can do crap for a whole week and really get back on it. Two weeks is far too long to keep my focus. I like that for a couple of days after weigh in I'm all inspired and the couple of days before I'm like oooooh weigh in soooooon ^.^

its a lancashire thing i think 1 tin of corned beef i buy mine at aldi and its 11.5 syns a tin loads of onion potato and carrots all peeled and chopped pop in a big pan with chopped corned beef and cover with water and add plenty of pepper and beef stock cubes its easy simple tasty wholesome food and i have it with pickled red cabbage and beetroot as part of my 1/3 superfree plus the carrots and onion i grew up on this its cheap filling and leaves me with a warm feeling inside its my ultimate comfort food from my childhood

In Scotland we call this Stovies and before i was a veggie I think it was one of my favourite things. Even talking about it makes me feel warm and loved inside, the ultimate comfort food :bighug:

Back