I cant do it.

Broccoli

Hey everyone; I'm Rebecca and I'm new to the forum. :)

My current weight is 19st4; I've been overweight for a long long time but this weight is the lowest I've been in a while. I started off by coming off the contraceptive pill and rocketing from 16st to 22st.

It's even taken me effort to register on here; I read you guys' posts and they're so helpful but never had the guts to face up to my weight problem and I simply cannot do weight loss groups. I find myself disgusted being face to face with people who know my weight.

So now I turned over a new leaf, or so I thought. I do regular exercise; scuba, swimming, gym and high intensity fitness classes 3/4 times a week normally and I'm doing ww pro points diet.

I've lost 5lbs so far which is great!, but then I just stop. I don't know how to explain it but I just stop. I had a bereavement this week and I did a lot of hours at work and I've been tired so I did my regular scuba class but nothing else so far. I work in Next part time and am on my feet all day and I just feel like giving up( I can't accept I'm tired and just feel fat and lazy for wanting a bath instead of the gym. I go over my points by 2/3 every single day ( I have 42) but last week I managed to exercise it off so I not only had activity points but 'spares' too. But this week I only have 30 spares left, and I honestly just feel like giving up.

Someone help; support is desperately needed as I'm only on week 3 :( and I feel I'm already failing.

Hi Rebecca

I'm a little bit heavier than you at around 20 stone and I too feel so demoralised and that I am never going to be able to shift the weight.

They are some really positive people on here that will be able to help you but I just wanted to write back to say that you are not alone and that I can sympathise with you.

Dont be so hard on yourself, you have made the first steps and losing 5 pounds is great!

Take care

Chiara

I started and stopped, just lost my motivation for some reason but it's back now. Try and think of the energy you'll have and how much better you'll look and feel about yourself. Good luck to you, it'll happen.

Hello there, try stay strong and try and stay positive.

You have done great so far, it's hard, probally the hardest thing you will ever have to do, but one of the thing that's got me so far is just knowing that one day I will be happy within myself for the first time ever, I have come along way on that front.

Wish you all the best, and good luck on your weight loss journey.

You so CAN do this. Join a regular thread or see if anyone wants to team up with you so you have the motivation and make sure you post regularly and read others posts regularly. All the best xoxo

Hiya, I know exactly where you are coming from, things are starting to go well, things are working and then we self sabotage. Keep coming here, post what's going on, how you are feeling etc......everyone is so supportive and we are all here for you. If you want to pm me to talk when you have enough posts, feel free!!

Alan

Broccoli, I know how you feel. I think its fab you are exercising, I am 16 stone 6lbs and not exercising (will do when I feel more mobile). So what if you wanted to have a bath, do so....don't beat yourself up, you would of felt good and relaxed after the bath and no doubt if you are like me you would of done a fair bit of contemplation whilst in the bath. We have a long road ahead of us, and like everone else I am here to support you....if we didn't 'blip' from time to time then we would not be human....

Back