I did a bad thing... help

jenboo

So I wemt to a bbq today and did soooo well no food drank water.... and then ..... I had ome vodka with coke zero. ... will I now be put of ketosis am so gutted with myself x

very unlikely to be out of ketosis on one vodka and coke zero - but drink plenty of water and get straight back onto your shakes and I'm sure you will be fine. Even if you are out of ketosis it won't take much to get back in. Don't focus on it - its done and can't be changed, so don't use it as an excuse to go totally mad(which is what I do!!) just look forwards and get straight back onto plan. Keep going :)
-

I hear your pain. I went out for dinner had chicken and salad and just drank water and i have put on 2lbs (plus totm). I get weighed on wednesday....so depressing to put on and only in 2nd week:((((((

Vodka has no carbs and neither does coke zero. You will still be in ketosis x

Don't worry, Serendipity. That 2lb gain is no more than water weight. You'll have been well within your daily calorie intake and you shouldn't give your evening out a second thought (unless it's to reminisce on what a good time you had).

And Jenboo, don't beat yourself up over it. The only thing I would say is that if you found yourself doing the same thing again, you should try to eat a little something because ketosis and alcohol is not the best combination. A little food won't severely affect your weight loss but it helps redress the chemical balance of your blood.

Thamks cb I am going out on Saturday amd am gunna be the designated driver so that I am not tempted again to joim in ! X

Back