i did my race for life today!!!!

rach1987

im so proud of myself!!!! ( which is not like me at all always putting myself down :eek:). i did my first race for life today in rememberance of my dear nan and grandad who lost there battle to cancer. i could never run , but today i powerwalked and ran the 5k, i wanted and hoped for under and hour , and i got 52 mins!!!! im so chuffed !!!!!!!! all so raised over £100 in fundraising due to selling my cupcakes , i made over 200 cupcakes!!!! but all well worth it , im joining next year!!!!! pic below of me starting the race and finishing it , and my cupcakes (with butter cream), but lucky for me i dont have a sweet tooth :D 100_4663.JPG

Attachments

• 100_4654.JPG
    100_4654.JPG
    364 KB · Views: 109
  • 100_4717.JPG
    100_4717.JPG
    361.9 KB · Views: 125
  • 100_4633.JPG
    100_4633.JPG
    363.4 KB · Views: 113
Well done!!! I did it on Sunday too in Durham. Was my first and did it in 36 minutes (though was beaten by both of my daughters aged 10 and 14!). My mates 12 year old did it in 21 minutes!!!!! We had some very boggy bits - some so bad the muddy water seeped through my trainers!!! I loved it and will definitely be doing it next year - the atmosphere was great. Was sad reading the reasons for people running though - one girl was running in memory of her mum and the girl only looked early 20's - another group of girls running in their friends memory who died age 26.

Its kind of given me the running bug and am going out with my 10 year old tonight for a run. I've never been good at running but do a lot of cardio classes at the gym and think that really helped.

Back