I didn't lose any weight on my first week, even though i was good as gold?

HI Everyone, It was my first week on extra easy last week and I weighed in last night and I maintained, even though I had been as good as gold :( I'm just relooking at my food diary from last week and seeing if I can make any changes.

One thing I have noticed is that I seem to eat the same sort food for breakfast and lunch most days. Do you think this could be the reason why? I have HEB Porridge oats, soaked in Muller light yoghurt and frozen raspberries for breakfast and lunch time is either salmon or chicken salad.

Would anyone mind helping me if I posted my food diary from last week and see if anyone else can spot any problems.

hi,

I think sometimes it can take a couple of weeks to start seeing losses, I don't do slimming world so can't comment on if you're eating the right foods but I am a creature of habit and tend to eat the same or similar for breakfast and lunch most days.

hopefully someone else will be able to give you any pointers on your diary but all I can say is stick with it and the losses will come x

Hiya, I do EE all the time. Just some thoughts of the top of my head...portion sizes? Making sure a third of your meals are free food and a third superfree? Are you eating enough? I found when I cut out syns, or didn't eat my healthy extras, my weight loss stopped. HTH! :)

Hi Harry, Thanks for replying.
What I have tried to do is cut down my carb intake as well. As I find it very hard to portion control with carbs (I love them too much) so its easier for me to keep them to the bare minimum. Defiantly eating enough superfree, a big handful of raspberries at breakfast and a big portion of salad at lunch and sometimes half a plate of veg at dinner to make up for the fact I'm not having any / barely any carbs. I have been having mostly 7 or 8 syns a day (I only have a stone and a half to lose) and I've been using my HEA as milk in my teas but this week I have decided to syn this milk instead and use my HEA for cheese just in case I'm not using the full amount of milk during the day.

There could be lots of reasons, bloating, being bunged up from the increased fibre, fluid retention, time of the month, sudden increase in exercise, coming to SW from a more restrictive eating plan, medications and so on. POst your food diary if you;re concerned though and are you drinking enough water?

Make sure you are eating enough syns. Sounds crazy but if you don't eat enough you don't lose x x

I definitely think you should try reintroducing a normal portion (third of plate) of carbs for a week and see if it makes a difference. Perhaps just portion control using a mug or something and sticking to that so you're not just piling it on? I have to be careful with carbs too as they're my downfall! so that's how I manage it :)

Use the prtion sizes on the packets for things like pasta and rice. When having potatoes put all your veg and protein on the plate first then the pots so you only have a limited amount of speace rather than piling you other food on top of them.

If you're not eating carbs, have you been having your HEXB? This is very important and not having it can impact losses really badly, plus the ill effects of insufficient fibre are not pleasant!

My suggestion would be to focus on one thing at a time. Eat carbs, follow the programme properly, drink lots of water and then in time if you feel the need to cut carbs, do it slowly. Slimming Works works with carbs, cutting them out and following a new plan all at once probably shocked your body. Best of luck for this week!

EJ... have you been trying to follow the new SP plan? It specifically limits the carbs you take, but I think you need to have 1 x Hex A and 2 x Hex B and we were advised to make sure we use our syns. Have you been choosing only "S" and "P" foods?

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the late reply I didn't have any access to the internet yesterday. Sorry for the very long post but please see my food diary below.

One thing that I have changed this week is to actually syn the milk in my tea rather then claiming its a HEA as I don't think I'm using my full allowance this way.

Wednesday

Breakfast
35g Porridge oats (HEB)
Muller light
Raspberries ( fairly big handful)

Lunch
Salmon
Lettice
Tomatoes
Cucumber

Dinner
Chicken
Butternut chips

Snack
Apple

HEA – Milk for tea

Syns
Skinny cow lolly 4.5

Thursday

Breakfast
35g Porridge oats (HEB)
Muller light

Lunch
Salmon
Lettice
Tomatoes
Cucumber

Dinner
Pork Chop
Sweet Potato Chips
Carrots
Broccoli
Cauliflower

Snack

HEA – Milk for tea

Syns
Custard Cream 3
Skinny cow lolly 4.5

Friday

Breakfast
35g Porridge oats (HEB)
Muller light

Lunch
Chicken
Lettice
Cucumber
Tomatoes

Dinner
Hunters Chicken (3 Syns
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Carrots

Snacks
Apple
Melon

HEA – Milk for Tea

Syns
Skinny Cow Lolly – 4.5
Dinner – 3

Saturday

Breakfast
35g Porridge oats (HEB)
Muller light
Blueberries ( fairly big handful)

Lunch
Jacket Potato
Tuna
Mayo (1 Syn)
Lettice
Tomatoes
Cucumber
Sweetcorn

Dinner
Indian Meal
Chicken Shashlik (not sure on syns)
Salad

HEA – Cheese

Snacks
Apple

Syns
5 Vodka and Cokes – 12.5
Oil in Chicken – 4?

Sunday
Breakfast
2 Aldi Benefit Bars (HEB)
Apple

Lunch
Pasta Sauce
Ham
(no super free with this meal)

Dinner
Roast Potatoes
Beef Brisket
Swede
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Carrots

HEA – milk with tea.

Syns
Skinny cow lolly 4.5

Monday
Breakfast
35g Porridge oats (HEB)
Muller light
Blueberries (fairly big handful)

Lunch
SW Quiche
Lettice
Tomatoes
Cucumber

Dinner
Chili con carne (SW recipe)
Swede
Broccoli
Carrots
Cauliflower

Snacks
Apple

HEA – Cheese in quiche

Syns
Milk in tea (2)
Skinny cow lolly 4.5

Tuesday
Breakfast
35g Porridge oats (HEB)
Muller light
Blueberries ( fairly big handful)

Lunch
SW Quiche
Lettice
Tomatoes
Cucumber

Dinner
Spaghetti Bolognaise (SW Recipe)
Pasta
Lettice
Tomatoes
Cucumber

Snacks
Apple
Melon
Smoked salmon
Scrambled eggs

Syns
Skinny cow lolly – 4.5
Milk - 2

All I can see is that you're not using many syns, try and have your full 15 a day if you can manage it. My losses are much bigger when I use my full 15 every day :) x

Are you eating enough? Your lunches seem light (though I obviously can't see your portion size). How about adding a little pasta to your lunch or new potatoes/rice, then I'd follow it with some fruit personally as I know just a salad wouldn't satisfy me until the evening. Other than eating more, all I can say is stick with it and next week should show a nice loss for you. With syns I try to average around 10 a day (some days almost 15, some less than 5). They are there to be used. Good luck x

I agree with Shygirl84, using my syns helps with my weight loss. This week I've been trying to use up to 10 each day, which means I can have a lovely bottle of wine tonight :)
If you've been having less carbs and sticking to the SP version, make sure you have a second HEB.
Keep at it, you will see losses, but not everyone is destined to lose 6-7lbs on their first week, I know I didn't!

Like Shygirl84 said, unless you are having huge portions that doesn't sound like an awful lot of food (I eat loads more than that!).

Also though, bear in mind that there might not be a reason - our bodies are strange things and do not always lose weight to order! If you stick with it you will lose eventually. In the past I have had weeks where I lost 3 pounds, and an absolutely identical following week where I lost nothing.Try and focus on your loss over a month.

Not everyone loses in their first week, and not everyone loses loads, especially if you don't have a huge amount to lose.

Good luck!

Hi I just wanted to say on my first week I stayed the same too. I was really gutted because I'd been so good. I've done SW before so I know what I'm doing. I do feel like most of the Christmas bloating has gone so I was really shocked I hadn't lost to be honest. I went home and just decided to stick in again 100 % . I always eat my HEX A & B's and around 10 syns. I do think it looks like you havne't ate much at all. My food diary has much more food on it than yours.

Fingers crossed for your next weigh in Iknow it can be so disappointing.

Back