I dint think I can do this

sammyzip50

Silver Member
HI All,

I have been waiting for a better time to do SS and the time has come but can't bring myself to do it. I'm starting to think that I'm not ready to give up food though I want to not worry about food and have good weight loss.

I can't help but think that from my first experience it was so hard and it is so negative. I can't even convince myself it is only for 2-3 days and so worth it.

Looks like I still need to explore and reflect and possibly accept that SS is not for me or just not now?

Any thoughts?

Sammy

I understand how you feel. I am really struggling - more than I did last time. However, i have to accept that maybe the reason I am fiinding it hard is because I have a messed up relationship with food and it is this I need to crack. I am going to stick with it and hope that having a break from food will break some bad habits and teach me that I can cope with my life without eating my way through it.

Good Luck with whatever you decide x

I'm doing my second proper time although have had countless restarts & lots of times where I had the packs plus a bowl of cheese & gherkins, or a salad etc. For me, this time my eating was so out of control I almost looked forward to the break from it. I'd stopped going out, never bothered with hair & make up &, when a friend passed away it really hit me how I was wasting my life. For me, the weight part out it is low down the list, it's the peace & freedom of binge eating that I'm enjoying. What I'm trying to say in a very roundabout way is that, for me, I hit rock bottom to the point where I was happier doing ss than eating. The times I'd tried because I felt I ought to were so much harder. I'm not saying this time is easy, it's hell for the first 2 weeks, but after that it just becomes what you do. Keep busy, take the packs, drink the water & irrelevant of the weight loss you feel good & strong. But it's fine if you don't choose to do it, you'll make yourself worse if it isn't what you want & force yourself. Good luck with whatever you decide.

I think AnnieAnnie's on to something with that needing to reach rock bottom thing. SS is one of those things that works best when you've reached that stage of desperation, unfortunately. It sounds a little bit like you want to lose weight, but you're not desperate to get going with it. Your weight makes you unhappy but not suicidal. You know you should lose weight but the rebellious kid inside you is shouting, "Yes, but I want to eat everything and anything I like!"

SS is hard. But then so is calorie counting (it always leave me ravenously hungry - not surprising, when you understand the science behind why we gain and lose weight). There's always the low carb option - have you ever tried that? (The Atkins forum here is pretty active at the moment - maybe that's worth a look?). People are increasingly cottoning on to the fact that excess carbohydrate consumption is the thing that's making us and keeping us fat.

I agree with Lily, that's definitely my long term plan. If I think about what I would eat if I felt I could have anything it wouldn't be pizza or junk, but a huge salad with feta. Or veggie chilli, forget the rice & add guacamole etc. If I didn't have issues with using food for the wrong reasons this is the sort of stuff I'd naturally go for. This is where the taste is & fat satiates so much better than carbs. I'm aiming for a life where I have the freedom to eat what I want, not diet, then it frees me up to eat this low carbs stuff which is actually where all the taste is anyway. Plus, you have the added bonus of ketosis, fast weight loss & no hunger to fight against. Low verb is a great option :)

Thanks for your comments. Interestingly I also wanted to opt out of food and I'm in a position where I can't wear some of my clothes and wearing the same clothes all the time at the moment. I was also wanting to get a good weightloss especially at the beginning to motivate me and feel better again. Obviously I don't really want to lose weight that badly? Though I'm feeling quite down with my body shape at the moment.

I honestly think if I wasn't working and studying and had at least a week off I would give it go. I just can't seem to be able to go through the process of getting to ketosis and function at work and with my study. Somehow though others can......

I really don't know what to do though I know I can't afford to gain any more weight and I need to be able to wear the clothes I was wearing 3 months ago. But every time I have a date to start I'm eating as if it's my last day and then change the date again. I did cut down on carbs last week, did three lots of exercise and only lost a pound.

I have bought the dukan diet book and thought I'd give that a go and If I fall into ketosis with food then switch to SS. Maybe ketosis and no food is too much at the same time for me? Also signed up for a 2 month mindfulness course so that should help.

Finally I have 3 weeks shakes packs but found out from my consultant that tetras cost about £8 each (I live in Singapore) as I think the making up the shakes and not having the facility to have them ice cold was also a bit of a drag.

Any further thoughts?

Thanks again xx

Hi Sammy i just wanted to say that I think you really need to be in the right place to do this plan as it is really hard and you are tested everyday.....it's not like WW or SW where you can have a couple of days eating crap and still lose 1lb, you need to on it 100% everyday......I know some people have little cheats and still do ok but I think you need to go all or nothing in order to get over whatever it is making us eat the way we do and finally get some control over what goes in our mouths. Sorry if I have rambled on or if i sound like im on some kind of soap box ...plus im not really sure where that rant actually came from! But I'm sure you will succeed in whichever route you decide to go down x

Back