I don't want to stand on anyone's toes.

Tinx

But can I join you? I had a starter pack of Shake that Weight and didn't find it very good. I bought a tin of SF and I'm getting on with that much better. I'm not sole support, I have SF, made into a mousse with gelatine, and maybe a piece of toast for breakfast, meal bar for lunch and a low fat meal in the evening. And another shake made with warm milk to go to bed. I've not been on it a week and lost 4lbs.
I'm a slowly does it dieter this time around and intend to keep the weight off when I lose it. I know I sound a bit half hearted about the way I am using SF and will understand if you don't want me

Welcome!!
This board is a bit quiet but there are a few of us doing SF. If your approach is working, then stick to it! As long as you are having at least 1200 calories a day, as any less than that is not good for you - unless you're doing a VLCD such as Cambridge etc.

I've used SF in the past and kept the weight off until I needed medication and I've just ballooned! I'm hoping to lose a stone by Christmas!

Keep us updated with how you're getting on!
Andrea x

You are more than welcome round here :) The more the merrier!!

Looks like the diet is working well so far, and if it is working stick with it. As Andrea said, make sure you are having your 1200 calories, and if it's more you can always lower it as the weight loss begins to slow :)

Keep us in the loop with your progress xx

This evening we have to go to a charity antiques auction. There will be a Buffet and bar. That's better than a sit down 'do' isn't it? I shall have a shake before I go, so that I don't get there feeling a could eat a horse between two bread vans. I'll have a healthy pick at the buffet... bit of chicken and stick to one glass of wine, or low cal mixer. I'm not a big drinker so won't be tempted.

This evening we have to go to a charity antiques auction. There will be a Buffet and bar. That's better than a sit down 'do' isn't it? I shall have a shake before I go, so that I don't get there feeling a could eat a horse between two bread vans. I'll have a healthy pick at the buffet... bit of chicken and stick to one glass of wine, or low cal mixer. I'm not a big drinker so won't be tempted.
Look out for a prawn ring they are really low cals have fun x

Look out for a prawn ring they are really low cals have fun x

Thanks Tink, I did and it was delicious. Yes, we had a good time. Our daughter died in 2010 aged 32. She was autistic and epileptic and we had been her carers for all those years. The auction was to raise funds to research sudden death in epilepsy.We got a German lava vase dirt cheap, but lost out on a sliver card case

Thanks Tink, I did and it was delicious. Yes, we had a good time. Our daughter died in 2010 aged 32. She was autistic and epileptic and we had been her carers for all those years. The auction was to raise funds to research sudden death in epilepsy.We got a German lava vase dirt cheap, but lost out on a sliver card case

So sorry to hear about your daughter hun, my niece has autism and epilepsy and it is so hard to see!! Great way to raise money, and get some bargains :) x

So sorry to hear about your daughter hun, my niece has autism and epilepsy and it is so hard to see!! Great way to raise money, and get some bargains :) x

The problem with autism is, that they look OK. Our daughter was beautiful with a figure to die for, but deeply autistic. One day we were coming home from a walk (she loved walking) and she was a little ahead of me and holding my husband's hand. I heard someone say... 'Look at that! he's old enough to be her father. Dirty old man'

It is hard - my niece is coming up to 16 - she also has some other issues, so can not talk, which makes things very complicated. My brother is beginning to struggle more now as she is a grown woman, but also requires the support that a younger child would need! Some times it is tough, and it is often others comments which can cut deep, but you just have to ignore them and get on with looking after those important to you!!

Makes weight loss less of a challenge when you think of the bigger picture sometimes :) xx

It is hard - my niece is coming up to 16 - she also has some other issues, so can not talk, which makes things very complicated. My brother is beginning to struggle more now as she is a grown woman, but also requires the support that a younger child would need! Some times it is tough, and it is often others comments which can cut deep, but you just have to ignore them and get on with looking after those important to you!

Too true. I've been there so know what your brother is going through

I've cracked weigh in day girls

af6358b77cf15e781f119b57f24206f3.jpg

Hi how are you getting on? I'm re starting today and having a good nose through all these fab posts, it will keep us all strong and motivated!

Hi Fluffy bunny, how are you getting on?
I've restarted Slimfast after a month long holiday - great for me but not so great on the waistline!
Are you doing 2 shakes and then a main meal? Have you lost anything so far? Hope it's going well! xx

I'm a newbie too! Just read your post about your daughter... so sorry for your loss. Sometimes life is cruel but people can be even more cruel! We're fighting to get my daughter diagnosed with "something" at the moment... they think she has an anxiety disorder. It's so hard because she will "flip out" over the slightest thing and cannot calm herself down. We often get comments and "looks" from other people, especially elderly people, and I just wish they would think that there may be a bigger picture before commenting! Grrr! Anyway, sorry for the rant!

Back to the diet... I've decided to give Slimfast a whirl... I've tried SW and WW but I can;t be doing with all the planning tbh! Life is so busy as I have 3 kids aged 11, 9 and 3 and am so busy ferrying them round to their various after school clubs etc that planning is hopeless! Often I go to bed not having eaten anything but just lived on Coke for the day! Am hoping that this is going to be fairly "easy" a I can grab a shake etc. Any advice is greatly appreciated....

And good luck to everyone too... esp the other newbies!

Em xxx

Back