I failed last night

jess181989

I feel absolutely disgusted with myself but I had a weak moment last night and had a binge. Put on 3lbs according to the scales this morning :O. Knew it would be bad but not that bad!

Right back on it this morning with my porridge and pint of water.

Hopefully tomorrow the scales will have gone down again, fingers crossed!

What an idiot. Lol

Xx

You didn't fail you had a night off plan.

3lbs is probably water retention. Jut draw a line under it and carry on.

You never fail, you only take a wee break on the way.

I agree with Lexie

We are only human these things will happen

It's more important you don't dwell on it n carry on like it never happened ,xx

Yes that's a much better way of looking at it. A little break, and now I'm right back to it. :) I feel better today though for some reason so hopefully I'm in the right frame of mind to keep plugging on

jess181989 said:
Yes that's a much better way of looking at it. A little break, and now I'm right back to it. :) I feel better today though for some reason so hopefully I'm in the right frame of mind to keep plugging on

That's great stay focused !!

Hope yu are having a good day :)

I agree. It's a wee break. We are all human and we learn from these things. The fact that you are strong enough to get back on track is what counts x

It'll just be water.... you'd have had to have about 10500 extra cals to put 3lb on!!! Bet you didnt have that lol...

It'll drop off in no time!!!

X

Everyone is right - it's just a blip. However, the most important thing is that you consider why that blip happened - not to make yourself feel bad but to try to understand where these urges come from so that you are better able to deal with them both in the rest of the time you are losing weight and when you are a successful weight maintainer. A vlcd is a fantastic opportunity to really address your relationship with food.

Were you particularly emotional? Hurt/tired/stressed/sad/angry/contented? What was the underlying issue? Could you have dealt with that by addressing it rather than eating? What will you do differently next time you feel like that? What other possible coping mechanisms are there?

Thanks everyone, back on track now :). I do think I know why It happened- i'd pushed myself to go further between my packs as i'd wanted to have one left over for the evening. Because of this i was feeling quite hungry (head hunger i think) I'd then decided to go to the local shopping centre (which was where I would have ordinarily had a cake and hot chocolate in every coffee shop on the way round AND a nice lunch)! I think that its a trigger for me to go to those sorts of places- especially so soon into my vlcd journey and at a time when I was feeling so hungry.

I think I'll try and steer clear of there for now

I agree weasey. I want to use this time to deal with my issues around food. I believe it is an addiction and this way I hope to break the addiction particularly where sugar in concerned.

I hope it gets easier for you Jess and for me too lol. We can do this hun x

Thanks Rocky road, I'm back in the right frame of mind now I think. Yes, We CAN do this :) its only a small part of our lives and then we will have the rest our lives to enjoy being skinny!!

jess181989 said:
Thanks Rocky road, I'm back in the right frame of mind now I think. Yes, We CAN do this :) its only a small part of our lives and then we will have the rest our lives to enjoy being skinny!!

I agree jess

This is a tiny fraction of our lives think of how you will feel looseing the lbs and looking in the mirror feeling content ..... I havnt done that for a long time ( weight wise ) you also have the rest of the slimmer times to look forward too !!

I keep thinking of running in the park with the kids & feeling ok about it AND being able to do it !! It's keeping me on track

That's another thing spurring me on Munch bunch- I know for a fact I'll never keep up with a speedy toddler, and I'd hate to be the mummy that everyone refers to at the school gates as 'oh you know the one, the bigger lady'. I want my son to look at me and think how amazing I look.

jess181989 said:
That's another thing spurring me on Munch bunch- I know for a fact I'll never keep up with a speedy toddler, and I'd hate to be the mummy that everyone refers to at the school gates as 'oh you know the one, the bigger lady'. I want my son to look at me and think how amazing I look.

Exactly how I feel in fact I am that mum I don't wanna be that mum anymore !!!

Iv had it with being the Mum that stands behind dad on sports day & pushes him forward cause I'm too embarrassed myself . My children are 9 & 5 I think it's about time I changed myself for them

jess181989 said:
You can do it, its not too late for any of us! :)

Thanks jess :) I know I can .... I also know I'm only human and to allow for error here and there however I will do this !!

My problem before was giving up when I had a bad day and thinking 'bugger it I'll start again next week', so that's something I really have to get over. Everyone is human and we all have bad days! I was also a terrible grazer, I literally had to be eating something every minute of the day, I associated eating with feeling happy which was why I decided a food replacement diet would be good for me, as it means I can totally disconnect from all my usual trigger foods.

I am so determined to beat the bulge this time, this is the very last time that I plan to be on a diet

I'm exactly the same I'd have a bad day say I'd put it behind me and start again the next day .
Trouble is the next day never came I had weeks off sometimes months !!
I also did snack at the wrong times drinking loads of fizzy stuff as I don't drink tea coffee

Iv been a serial offender at coming and going and not sticking with it ...... I fully intend to stick with it 4 weeks my day at the races is the 30th I havnt made up my mind weather I will take the day off or not as I'm worried I won't get back on track !!
Then another 5 weeks before my holiday !

I'm feeling pretty good about myself recently I know if I gave in I'd feel like I'd failed myself again and I'm not gooing to let that happen .

Back