i feel like crap and embrassed!

sxykyle

hello well i been at slimming world for 4 weeks now and i dont know what is up with me i do really well and then have a off day where i eat crap and after wards i feel so horrible and disgusting and a failure! and i feel embrassed going the weigh in because i feel like people think im not taking it seriously because i havent lost any weight really just a pound :( its getting me down and think that why i eat more to make me feel better. im planning on mon being a fresh start because im off work for 2 weeks so can plan everything. i am going try be good from now til mon but i just feel like crap :cry:

A pound loss is still a pound loss! No matter how long you've been doing SW.

I think you need to decide why you want to do SW & what you want to achieve. Comfort eating or self-sabotage can be difficult to overcome.

There are so many yummy things to eat on SW including treats, use your syns wisely which can mean still having what you want, just less of it.

Only you can do this, only you can stop yourself when you're reaching for something naughty.

Why not start a food diary on here & vow to be complete honest? That way we'll know should you cheat ;) but it will motivate you to stick to plan.

Never say "only" a pound, that is still a loss, if you hadn't have been doing sw at all you may have gained a pound (or more!) So don't feel down, its going in the right direction!

Im sure no one is thinking you can't be bothered or anything, we all have our own goals to focus on and worried about their weight to care about anyone elses gains/sts

New week- new start! Go through all the sw books and refresh yourself, find yourself a sweet free (or even better super free!) food that you can turn to when in need of a sweet fix. Mine is a banana and custard muller light, it really helps when i need something sweet!

You can do this...just stay focused and think positive....give yourself mini goals, like mine in my signature box, and reward yourself with non-food treats when you do a 100% day (can be anything - painting your nails, watching your fave film etc) xxx

oh and -
You only fail if you give up
and-
Only eat what you would eat in front of your slimming world class!

Good luck hun xx

hey it can be hard at first to try and resist the things you crave like choc etc, i found it difficult as i was eating crisps and choc bars for breakfast before sw, are you using enough syns? you need at least 5 a day, no more than 15. I used to eat 3-4 bags of crisp a day before sw, if your needing a choc/crisp fix why not have it within your syns, i find having some crisp or choc daily within my syns keeps me from having a binge on those things, the other day i felt so naughty i had a bag of crisps and a tub of mini jaffa cakes but the jaffa cakes are only 6 syns, and the crisps hoola hoops are 6.5 for salted flavour and they really hit the spot! if your craving choc i always find the options orange choc flavour tastes just like liquid terrys choc orange i make mine with milk from my heA so its still only 2 syns but tastes really creamy. my downfall is crisps i dont know if you have tried them but pom bear crisps are lovely and only 5 syns a bag, i have these if i dont have enough syns left for hoola hoops etc also the tofu choc pudding recipe is in the recipe forum is gorgeous if your craving something sweet, i make mine with sugar rather than sweetener though but divided by 4 only makes it 3 syns a portion, its less if you use sweetener take a look in the recipes section for ideas for low syn treats :)

i discovered choc philadelphia recently, a little tub is 4.5 syns, i spread that on some wholegrain crackerbread for my heB and a chopped banana on top it was lush!

Don't be so hard on yourself, we all have days when we just find it hard.

It's a good idea to start planning from Monday, but could you do that now?

You said Monday new start, but will you be able to follow SW until then, my concern is you'll take the few days until Monday as a time off plan & could end up gaining a few lbs then you'll only feel annoyed with yourself.

I'd agree with the others start a food diary on here & if you ask for help people will take a look & give you feedback.

Hey it took me 12months to lose 16lbs:eek: but I got there eventually, I took my time, took it easy & just didn't stress myself out. I'm managing (with the odd blip) to stay within target.

Good luck:D

Thank you i know a pound is great but i dont know i think i need to get focused and sit down and have a little talk with myself and tell myself to take it more seriously! like i know when i go out for meals with friends i plan what im going to have but when im there i think "sod it" il have a day off and i dont know why i do it because i know when i get home il feel like crap and straight away feel guilty and that what happened last night. i am worried incase i think "oh il just start a fresh on mon" n carry on eating crap til mon xx

i think that my problem you i dont have any of my syns in the day i dont know why i might have them if i fancy a ceral bar or something but never use them other than that so i think i need to use them on chocolate and my fix that i crave sometimes! like last week half way through the week i had only used 8 syns so think there where im going wrong and that why i ave"binges" really! xx

Ok so it's going to take time to get out of the 'I've blown it' phase. But what you can try next time is instead of thinking I've blown the whole day/week etc, just look at it as 1 meal. For example you're out with your mates, beforehand you know what your going to have, you sit down & order a non SW friendly meal; don't be hard on yourself, enjoy the meal & when you've left continue with your SW journey.

It takes time, but eventually these moments will pass. Just chilli & try not to stress.:D

If you are having a bad day just think of this:

Finish every day and be done with it.

You have done what you could.
Some blunders and absurdities
no doubt have crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.

Tomorrow is a new day;

begin it well and serenely
and with too high a spirit
to be encumbered with
your old nonsense.

This day is all that is

good and fair.
It is too dear,
with its hopes and invitations,
to waste a moment on yesterdays.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

I have it stuck on my fridge to remind me one bad day doesn't have to mean the next day is bad too, and life is too short to feel bad about what I did yesterday... just start fresh and positive! :D

Everyone has an off day. This week i have had 5 of them, I've gone over syns, but if i let it get to me i'll think sod it and carry on eating junk that day, so I've carried on as normal as possible (until today already decided i was kinda having today off), I know I will have put on weight when I weigh in tomorrow, but I'll just have to take it, I know there is only me that made me eat that chocolate i shouldn't have eaten. So I'll take whatever I have put on and start over, draw a line under it and not dwell on it. Whats done is done.

Try using your syns in the day, might make you feel more in control, i have to have my choccy session in work and then i will have rest of my syns at night. Makes me feel more in control. And sometimes the more you worry your body tends to react (it does me, i swear if i think we'll i've messed up thats it, my body will but weight on on purpose) so if you do go naughty for some reason, draw a line under that day and put it behind you, whats done is done, tomorrow is another day :)

If you know you'll feel guilty after binging why put yourself through it? It's just not worth it.

Curly wurlys & fibre plus bars are 6syns each & good for a chocolate fix!

The more time you spend on the boards, the more you'll realise that it happens to us all.

Firstly, get back on the wagon as soon as possible and start planning ahead as early as you can. Unfortunately, you can't use work as an excuse, the majority of us here have to go to work and tose who don't have something else taking up their time, none of us can focus on dieting all of the time.

I agree with Happy Hols, if you give yourself a few days off chances are you'll make it worse. We all do it, it's nothing to be embarassed about :D

Like the others have said. a loss is a loss. Keep your chin up - one day it will click into place for you. A friend of mine told me when I was struggling that you need 2 good weeks to break the back of low times so just take it one day at a time x

It is really hard to change habits and comforts we have had for ages so don't be hard on yourself. You have decided you want to be healthier and You have noticed that things are not going as well as you would like AND you have stuck with it this far - all of those are reasons why you already have the beginnings of success and show that you do really want to do this!
I find helping myself to think through things in a productive way is a good way to get over set backs so I usually do something like this (you might think this is a bit bonkers) :
What would it be like if I achieved my goal (my answer involves desert islands usually...but mostly being slim, feeling fit and energetic)
What will I be doing when I achieve my goal (eating healthily, exercising, feeling confident etc)
Is there anything I could now or am already doing that is a bit (even a tiny bit) like those things....oh yes I managed to eat LOADS of superfree today etc.....
Then try to focus on the positives, keep track and congratulate yourself on every tiny success - your brain is wired to see what it is primed to see so prime it to see you eating superfree etc not focusing entirely on the little mistakes and strays from the path!
And as for other people - I am sure they are not judging you - if losing weight was easy we would all be size 8!! And if they are then they have no right to so don't you take it on board. This is your life and your journey and no one else can truly know it. Please don't say mean things to yourself anymore, try to say the things that your best friend would say to you - and remember you are so much more than a number on a scale, you are a unique and beautiful human person. xx

I totally believe Gillian McKeith when she says "you are what you eat". In fact I saw her new series advertised earlier & she said to a couple "I want to feel sorry for you but I can't, you've done this to yourselves". And she's so right. It's easy to overdulge one day or days on end but other than regretting it, it doesn't make you feel good. I never feel full on SW as I know when to stop, but if I eat too much of something that's well over my syns it's not long before I feel ugh. Not a nice feeling.

Eating lots of fruit & veg especially, makes you feels so good & healthy inside. Keep that in mid next time to feel the need to go crazy. You'll be pleased with yourself after, not to mention at next weigh in :)

The 3 C's of life...Choice, Chance, Change.

You must make the Choice to take the Chance if you want anything to Change!! :)

Only eat what you would eat in front of your slimming world class!

I like this! Gona try and keep this in mind when I'm tempted to be naughty..

Back