I feel like I'm treading water!

frodo93

Morning everyone. This is my first post. I have been doing Dukan since 6 Feb 12. On Attack I lost 6lbs and was delighted. One week I lost 3lbs and since then I have lost 1lb each week... There in lies the problem. :sigh:

I have been looking at this site since I started and see all the weight losses of 2lbs, 3lbs each week and more and am in awe of you all - but how do you do it?

I know that 1lb a week is still a loss .. but losing 1lb a week is driving me nuts when I am following the diet to the letter and especially when I still have 2 stone to go (28lbs). I need to see a 2 or 3lbs loss to keep my pecker up so to speak! I am still very focussed and want to continue but today my morale just took a dive at just another 1lb off when I feel like I have sweated blood this week in keeping active...:mad:

FYI, my meals are along these lines on a PP:
B: Oat gallettes. cottage cheese with about 10 grains of splenda, cinnamon.
L: 2 slices turkey or chicken or tin red salmon. 0% yogurt (about 3 dessert spoons)
D: Diet coke chicken drumsticks, maybe 3 with cottage cheese.
I drink 1.5 litres water/coffee/green tea each day at least and I am currently doing about an hour of walking each day. Yesterday, I dusted off my bike and cycled for 30 mins.
On PV: I include lambs lettuce with lunch and usually some asparagus or green beans with dinner.

I would appreciate any help/guidance. :confused:

Have a look at my signature... I also followed the diet to the letter. God knows how frustrating my journey has been but the girls here helped me a lot and I managed to stick to the diet.
DO NOT GIVE UP!
Just think in the long term. If you keep going, in 2 months you will be half a stone lighter. Would u rather be one stone heavier???

The cottage chese is Tesco lighter choices with 1.5% fat per 100g. Its the lowest fat I can find. Would like to know if there is a lighter one, I would buy it!

Nina41 thank you for your reply. You seem to be on the same path as I am. I do get soo frustrated that weight comes leaves other people faster than me - even my husband who is not following dukan as such has lost 1.5lbs this week!

I will continue but my chin is dragging along the floor at the moment.

Make sure you're eating enough protein - it seems all wrong but weirdly, not eating enough seems to slow people's losses. A couple of slices of turkey or a few chicken drumsticks doesn't sound like much for lunch or dinner! (sorry can't see your stats on my phone..!)

Agree with Lorlypop - you are not eating enough - your body is probably holding onto weight cos it is scared of starving!!! Also sample menu seems very plain - perhaps try looking at the recipe section to get more variety and 'meals' in your menu, BNS/Celeriac cottage pie, chicken with BBQ sauce, Green or red thai curry made with quark, steak with mushroom and onion sauce with veg, salmon with samphire and veg with cream cheese sauce, venison hotpot, mince flan, mini quiches - sooooo many lovely recipes you can have which may encourage you to eat a bit more. Also everyone is right, a pound a week is frustrating but it is infinitely better than gaining weight!!!! You may be one of those unlucky people who does lose weight slowly but have a feeling that your body just needs more food!!! Good luck. x

Also, "oat galettes"? I presume you are baking a Dukan galette?
I don't see much evidence of cooking in your sample menu. Most packaged meats are highly salted, so you'd probably be better cooking yourself when you can. As Trudy says, there are some lovely recipes on the forum.

I'd definitely add more protein in your place. Not dairy...

Good luck!

The cottage chese is Tesco lighter choices with 1.5% fat per 100g. Its the lowest fat I can find. Would like to know if there is a lighter one, I would buy it!

the tesco value one is lower ;)

i also agree with the others... you need to eat a lot more protien in order for the diet to work... my best losses have been on weeks where ive had the munchies and eaten enough for a family of 4 lol

Thanks everyone for replying. I will be buying tesco value cottage cheese from now on. I have also looked up some DD recipes today and am going to have a go over the next few days. I thought I was eating loads already but will try to eat more from now on. I'll let you know how the weight loss goes next week to see if its working - fingers crossed :eek: x

Back