I Feel So Guilty !

charley24

Silver Member
Surely the most amazing chips I have ever eaten can't be slimming world chips?

The kids are going to go nuts if I serve them up, they are absolutely delicious !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couple of questions though....how many time do you spray with your fry light ?

And Whay is Heinz salad cream sooo high in syns ! I used 7.5 syns by adding it (but it's my FAV) ! And no I don't like the taste of the light one ! Think I will have to make my own little dipping pot of something else !

Seriously I don't think I will bother with oven chips ever again !!!

Totally taken me back to my youth...real chips !

aren't they fab :D I use about 15 sprays, I spray the tray first then add the potatos then spray the tops of the potatos and shake them about. You can add loads of different seasonings to them as well :)

I love them too. They're fantastic. My husband and youngest much prefer them to chip shop chips though my eldest says he doesn't like them. Anything too close to healthy and real food and he loses his mind.:rolleyes:

I spray them a lot. Probably more than needed but once I start I can't stop myself. I grind pepper over them before cooking and think they're yummy.

The way I do it....Preheat oven to it's highest. Cut up some potatoes into chip shapes and boil til a little soft, 5-10 mins. Drain them and allow to dry. Give them a little shake to crumble the edges. Put in tray and spray with lots of fry light, add whatever flavours you like. Put in oven til they look a bit like chips. Yum!

Wonder how many different ways we'll get posted for making SW chips.......
My method...
Cut potatoes in to chip shapes - I leave the skins on. I used to peel but found they fell apart.
Part boil for 5 mins.
Heat oven to 200c and place tray in oven to heat up.
Drain potatoes and reserve some water in the pan, put potatoes in collander over pan and back on residual heat for a min, the steam will dry them.
Spray the tray, add potatoes and then spray again, sprinkle with salt and cook until chips :) about 30 - 40mins.

While were on the topic of chips........... is it just me, but when i do chips ( above method) they take 30-40 mins to cook, having been par boiled................ when i do SW wedges, they go in raw and take 25mins to cook!!! same heat???? puzzled by this. any explanations?????

I leave skins on - don't par-boil - grind some chilliflakes over the top - spray oil the baking tray- heat in oven - spray oil the chips - then put them into baking tray when it's hot and pop in oven. Easy-peezy eh.

Love em.

Yummmmay - I had these tonight for tea, with quorn bolognaise, and a little beef rice, It actually felt very naughty and it was filling :p

I cut the potatoes into chip shapes, leave the skin on, par boil for 10-12 mins, drain them and let them dry for 10 mins, whack them on a fry light sprayed pan, sprayed the top of the chips and put them in the oven gas mark 7 for 45 mins! Nomnomnom.

I tried syn free chips last week but they were awful! But I know where I went wrong... I cut them too thick, didn't spray them enough and didn't cook them for long enough!!

Think I will try them again soon :D Might leave the skins on this time, yum!

I leave the skins on, and use baby pearl potatoes cut into quarters (so wedges more than chips) then put them straight into my actifry, add some fry light and salt, pepper, and schwartz shaker garlic and herb then turn it on.... absolutely lush!

i always do wedges....with skin left on too.....quicker and easier,lol!!
have done the normal sw chips though a few times.

I usually do wedges with skins on, but tried more "chip shaped" pieces this week with no skin, and was surprised how close to bought oven chips they were. Lovely!

I am a lazy cook! I don't par boil or peel the potatos :) just cut and spay and cook then enjoy immensly!!! DH made them the other night and asked if he had enough, my reply was there are never enough!!!!

While were on the topic of chips........... is it just me, but when i do chips ( above method) they take 30-40 mins to cook, having been par boiled................ when i do SW wedges, they go in raw and take 25mins to cook!!! same heat???? puzzled by this. any explanations?????

No idea but I find this too and it puzzles the life out of me!

When I make the chips I par boil them, shake them up then put them on one of those mesh trays with fry light and salt and pepper and they take about 35 mins on 220c (any higher and they cook on the outside but not the inside).

When I do wedges, I just cut them and put in a bowl, spray with frylight and mix them round with my spices then just put them on the tray at 200c and in 20 minutes they are done :)

Back