I got called chubby today! What have you been called recently?

Josiecat

Silver Member
  1. A teenager at school told me today that I'm chubby.
  2. My hubby sneakily took a photo of me in me undies, my stomach and sides were huge and covered in cellulite in the pic.
I don't know how I ever let myself get like this and I feel very sad.

What have you been called recently, how did you react and how did it make you feel? More determined to lose weight or depressed....

Well, I went to pick up my nephew from nursery some time ago and when I asked him if he had eaten all of his lunch, he said no. He then said, why do you want me to eat all my food? Do you want me to have a big belly like yours? He's only 3 1/2 years old!
I just laughed though as I thought that it was funny. But it definitely made me think that it's now or never to get rid of my flabby (looks like I'm still 7 months pregnant) belly.

I, foolishly, commented on the size of my 'friend's' extremely overweight, overindulged, overworshipped cat... to which she replied, rather nastily, 'you're not exactly a lightweight yourself' :eek:

True enough, but my inner biatch has told me, in the name of revenge, to not mention that I am on SW and watch her confusion as I slowly, but surely, do turn into a lightweight (she is also quite a bit overweight). :D

I recently changed my hair colour from blonde to dark red. One of the girls in my class said that I looked like Ariel from The Little Mermaid. Another one chimed in and said yes, but Fat Ariel :cry:

Oooo people can be sooo evil, just reading your posts has made me really angry! I went to the doctors once and she got out a chart and said look your here in the fat category, it actually said fat on the card - I was dumbstruck and then she said oh sorry no your actually in the very fat category!!! Looking back I wish I had squashed her with my big bottom but I kept it together, burst into tears when I left and went home and ate! People have no idea sometimes! I was also called Mrs Blobby when I was at school which did wonders for my self esteem and looking back on photos now I was pretty slim, kids just push your buttons at times to get a reaction but I wish I had realised that at the time as they were obviously winding me up. On the plus side someone said to me today, bloody hell I didn't realise you had changed on your diet until today and congratulated me - it felt pretty good (whilst I pressed my muffin tops back into my jeans ha ha!)

1. A teenager at school told me today that I'm chubby.
  2. My hubby sneakily took a photo of me in me undies, my stomach and sides were huge and covered in cellulite in the pic.

1. As teenagers always ignore anything that an adult says to them, we should in turn ignore anything they say.
2. Confiscate your husband's camera, delete the offending photograph, and refuse to let him have it back until he has apologised and bought you a huge bunch of expensive flowers!

This, ladies, is why you will always find chloroform and a shovel about my person! :whoopass:

Miss Miffi, if anyone says that again I suggest you stab them in the eye with a pencil*. I guarantee it will never happen again!

*Don't really, but definitely flick them a finger or 2.

My OH told me That I look fatter than him! Funny that coz he's 4 stone heavier than me and Im only actually 8lbs over weight!!

On the plus side my lovely ladies at zumba tell me how slim im looking :D

My OH told me That I look fatter than him! Funny that coz he's 4 stone heavier than me and Im only actually 8lbs over weight!!

On the plus side my lovely ladies at zumba tell me how slim im looking :D

Men are truly deluded by how they look, I suggest some unflattering video shots are in order!

My two year old nephew called me a fattie the other day. But then he called my (very skinny) mum a fattie too, so I'm not sure he really knows what it means. I know its silly but it did hurt my feelings, as I know I am overweight, but generally adults are too polite to call you fat - it takes a small child to hammer it home!

Josiecat said:
[*]A teenager at school told me today that I'm chubby.
[*]My hubby sneakily took a photo of me in me undies, my stomach and sides were huge and covered in cellulite in the pic.
I don't know how I ever let myself get like this and I feel very sad.

What have you been called recently, how did you react and how did it make you feel? More determined to lose weight or depressed....

i started SW after a stranger on a train shouted at me that my arse was so fat i should be forced to pay for 1st class tickets. It was horrible - mainly because the rest of the packed commuter train just stared at me & did nothing. No one told him he was out of order, not one person seemed to think he was wrong. I reacted by telling him he was a very rude man, and I felt sorry for his wife. Then spent the remainder of the journey trying not to cry whilst a cartridge full of people started at me.

I promised to never give anyone a reason to be like that to me ever again.

Kingleds - that's awful. He should have been taken off the train as that's abuse. At least you can do something about your weight, whereas he will be mean and horrible for life.

i started SW after a stranger on a train shouted at me that my arse was so fat i should be forced to pay for 1st class tickets. It was horrible - mainly because the rest of the packed commuter train just stared at me & did nothing. No one told him he was out of order, not one person seemed to think he was wrong. I reacted by telling him he was a very rude man, and I felt sorry for his wife. Then spent the remainder of the journey trying not to cry whilst a cartridge full of people started at me.

Bloody hell Kingleds, that's just awful. Genuinely, it's one of the most shocking things I've read on here. I guess you're having the last laugh now though (while your abuser is still a sad little tos$er)! Good for you x

kingleds said:

That's genuinely disgusted,I'm mortified for you xxx

It was the kick up the (large) arse I needed & the fact I did not knock the rude ******* out was even more of a wake up call to me. When I was younger & more confident in myself no one would ever have got away with talking to me like that.

As you say, I can do something about my size, he will always be a rude horrible man

Back