• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

I had Laser eye surgery last Thursday!!

Hi all

Just thought I would share that with you :flirt2:

I have wanted my eyes done for so long but was too scared to go for it.

Having 2 weeks off work I thought it would be the best time to go for it.

It was a weird thing the actual surgery and my eyes are a little dry, I really want to rub them but you can't touch your eyes for a couple of weeks. My left eye I would say has perfect vision but the right is very slightly blurred. This is normal, my vision will fluctuate for a few months.

I love it though, no gigs! xx:party0011:

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
When my mum had it done she said that for the first time in years she could see that grass had blades and didn't come in a block.

Coincidentally, yesterday I bumped into a friend who had it done 4 weeks ago. She said it is the best thing she has ever had done. She can read the smallest print and is thrilled with the results.

The drops i am using are called Blink-intensive tears.

I believe that if you are over 40 then things are a little different, not sure how as I didn't read much into it, eyes deteriorate more after 40. There is a risk that i could need reading glasses at some point but that would not bother me as much as wearing them all the time.

alwyn

Silver Member
Want this so badly!!!

Need my prescription to stabilise first though :( I've heard it has to be stable for 3 years before you can have the surgery. My eyes have steadily got worse since I've been working with computers - I'm hoping they're going to get better once I start teaching!

judimac

Mad old Bat with Attitude
Oh I am so jealous! (pleased for you of course!) I'd love to have mine done. I have spoken to someone about it but I'll ask my optician if she thinks I am suitable.

I had mine done a few years ago now and it was truly miraculous....to this day I still enthuse about how wonderful it is not wearing glasses so welcome to the world of opening your eyes and seeing the alarm clock :)

I believe your prescription needs to be stable for 2 years but best to check.

Theresa, did you have dry eyes and how long did it last? did you have any other troubles?

I am going back tomorrow for my weeks consultation, will be asking for some more drops as my eyes have been really dry today. xx

I don't remember my eyes being particularily dry no but then I used the fake tears like they were going out of fashion as I didn't want to risk them drying out and being damaged...I think I used the tears for like a month or so and have had no trouble with my eyes at all. Was worried I would get night halos as I already hate driving at night but no nothing so altogether the absolute best thing I have ever done :)