I hate myself right now

Dolls&Pins

I was on slim and save early this year and did so well, loosing almost 3 stone then I started to get confident, was going on more, meeting new people and with that came lots of partying with drinking and eating. In the end I gave up slim and save, went back to my old binging ways and I am exactly the same as I started if not I weight a little more. Anyway, I have ordered again so as from Monday I am back on it! Any advice is more than welcome as I am gonna need it!

Hi Dolls,

So sorry huni, but dont beat yourself up about it, we all make mistakes... you have done it once, and you know that you can do it, so you can do it again!

My only advice is that you have to learn from what happened. If we dont change the way that we eat from how we did before, then as soon as we finish this slog and go back to our old ways, we are certain to gain the weight back... you have to tell yourself that you will need to be aware of what you are eating and how it affects you... probably indefinitely. its a little depressing i know, but if you dont want to be back here again in several months start thinking about it NOW!

Noodles swears by the Dr Beck Diet Book... try it, see if you can get any insights into why you do what you do and how to change it...

Good luck, rooting for you! xx

I also swear by the Beck Diet book! and the support from this forum! get a diary, commit to posting nearly every day about what you've been doing/eating, if you dont want to write it down for others to read then maybe you dont want to do it! heh

I think thats the only disadvantage of s&s is there is less support -ive done LL before and even though I didnt like my counsellor, my group were pretty nice and sitting for an hour a week to talk and think about what im doing really helped keep me on track.

Thanks for all your responses, so far I have lost 11lbs and that is in 6 days. It has been a great kick start for me :)

Well done on the weight loss - keep it up :)

Back