I hate pp thurs

scooter

Gold Member
Is it just me? Since going on conso I absolutely hate pp thurs!! I can't believe I did a year of pp/pv as I find pp thurs so hard! I wake up on a Friday really excited that I have six normal conso days ahead!! Doesn't thrill me that I will have to do pp thurs for the rest of my life :-(

think we are all in the same boat this week... ive actually surprised myself and enjoyed it this week

what is it that you don't like. is it that no veg or is it the starch. Do you plan the days food in advance or take it as it comes. I am a long way from doing stab, but i imagine I would probably plan as I don't like being hungry and would worry about it in advance LOL.

Me too! I hate it with a vengeance! It's the veg for me that I miss: tonight I had some fish but I could have died for some veg - just some cabbage or courgette, pretty please?

I hate not having the veg and the fruit and also my nightly supper of cheese on toast! I suppose it's a small price to pay for a slim body and the treats we can have on conso but I just hate it - thurs seems to come round so much quicker than any other day! Lol :) how did I manage a year of alternate? Guess my body is just being spoiled now with fruit bread and cheese every day and doesn't like the withdrawal on a thurs!! Anyway at least it's a Friday morning tomorrow and that means six days of veg fruit bread cheese and two days of pasta to look forward to :) hurray

Hi df - I'm not on stab I'm on conso - I don't plan my pp but it usually consists of chicken eggs cottage cheese tuna or beef - and of course muffins which I have every day! I'm loving conso but somehow it's harder than cruise! Just got to be sure you can reel yourself back in which I guess pp thurs is all about!

Oh sorry, I haven't read the rules on Conso fully yet because i don't want to get ahead of myself. i thought pp thursdays were a stab rule....didn't realise it was a conso one LOL.

I wholeheartedly agree! Conso spoils us!

When I was last on Conso (roll eyes!), I'd try to treat myself on a PP day to something I wouldn't normally eat... usually involving sea food (even frozen). It helped make it feel like a treat meal rather than a punishment day... ;) Smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast, yum!

(Although not on Dukan now, I'm thinking that I could have a go at restoring a PP day to my week!)

It's funny isn't it how quickly we adapt. In Conso/Stab I got fed up with it too and actually moved my PP day to Mondays as it suited my lifestyle better so maybe you have an option for change there. And I agree with Jo - I made sure I had some nice food lined up that I could look forward to, and I usually made a cheesecake (no tolerated) or tofu-cream as treats to have during the day.

At the moment I've settled back into cruise 1/1 for a few weeks and it's going fine, suddenly PPs are no longer a chore. the only thing that requires a bit of planning is the family meals on PP days so I can have the meat and they can have everything. My fallback options are always Roast chicken of some sort, beefburgers or a baked fish dish of some sort. Or I make myself a PP friendly dukan quiche and they have proper quiche. If there is now way around it I plump for Omelette for myself while they have whatever I can't share (usually a pasta dish)

Today PP I had for lunch hot roast salmon (Aldi) with a generous helping of 'honey and mustard' sauce (fromage Frais), and a boiled egg. Feeling quite stuffed at the moment ;-) I am also having a lot of tinned fish: mackerel and salmon are my favourites, followed by kipper and tuna - all in brine of course! Mackerel and prawn 'salad' seasoned with a bit of chives is nice.

That sounds like a good plan to treat myself to something I wouldn't normally have - I will give that a go it will give me something to look forward to on a thurs - thanks guys xx I just can't understand why I hate it so much when every other day used to be a pp and it never bothered me at all!! Crazy :) will get out my recipes which I've printed from off here and try and cook something new that's pp - you're right variety is the spice of life and I need to spice up my boring pp thurs before I cave in ;-) as usual you guys on here make everything look rosier again - thanks all xx

Back