I HATE weightwatchers (free trial)

Riotgrrrrl

Silver Member
Grrr have to rant...

Signed up for the free trial on 8th November, and cancelled on the 9th. Today they took nearly £50 out of my account leaving me with NO MONEY to feed my son with!! After a 20 minute call to an 0845 number, some snotty cow says it was MY FAULT as Id not contacted them to say Id not received confirmation of the cancellation and they wouldnt refund me. After a massive rant and me threatening legal action, they agreed to refund me which would take 10 DAYS. Im disgusted with the customer service. Never EVER will I pay any money to weightwatchers again. RUBBISH!!

Anyone else had problems...? WAAAAAHHH!!

Ive had to ask to borrow £50 off my ex boyfriend :( As if things couldnt get any worse! Ah well at least I can buy food now. Stupid weightwatchers :(

sorry to know that luv! :( unfortunately customer services is made of people, and every person is different. I'm sorry you had such a nasty experience with Weight Watchers, and I'm sorry you had to go through your ex boyfriend to buy food for your son! That is a disgrace!

Why don't you send a complaint to Weight Watchers Head Office, saying the name of this person who was so rude to you? They might offer you some compensation!

xx Chin up and take care!

Thanks hun - I doubt they'll do anything though. I want them to pay for the cost of the call (I was on a mobile to 0845 for 20 minutes!!) and an apology, but i really doubt I'll get that. I'll wait until I get the refund before I decide whether to kick up a stink xx

Thats pretty awful. When I first started I paid my £12.99 for my first month, then two weeks later was charged £19.99. I called to ask why it happened and she just said 'we charge two weeks in advance'. But (even now) I still don't understand it. It essentially means I paid £12.99 for two weeks of weigh ins etc and I've not really saved anything...

Sneeze said:
Thats pretty awful. When I first started I paid my £12.99 for my first month, then two weeks later was charged £19.99. I called to ask why it happened and she just said 'we charge two weeks in advance'. But (even now) I still don't understand it. It essentially means I paid £12.99 for two weeks of weigh ins etc and I've not really saved anything...

Not really because it'll balance out in the last month. You'll get charged the final payment and your pass will continue for 6 weeks after that.

Ahhh ((hugs)) I cancelled my free trial asap they always take ages to cancel it that's why I'd always cancel way before the times up for a free 1 week I'd cancel it at day 3 and 2 weeks day 7 as they and lots of businesses only say working days that's why it takes longer to cancel.
I'd write a complaint to head office find out the chairmans name as you'll be one of many who will have this.
I'd ask for interest on the £50 !
Sorry you had to ask your ex, that's the reason I put a tiny amount away each month as I've no one to ask if I get short.

xx

Cherry, I cancelled the day after I took out the free trial, so they have absolutely no excuse as to why they didnt cancel it. Its their error. Im just annoyed, as remember I told you yesterday I was on a 1p and 2p hunt around the house, and was excited as my benefits went in today. But weightwatchers took the lot! But on a lighter note, I had a letter from the CSA today for the first time in years, theyve finally got round to my case so fingers crossed they help me out. Spoke to them on the phone today and they reckon he should be paying me £40 a week, so lets see if I have any luck this time xx

That's awful.

They took the money out of my account literally as soon as I signed up for the free trial, as though I hadn't put the code in at all. Again, it took 10 days to refund it and I was potless in the meantime.

Isn't it funny how the money can disappear from your account instantly, yet takes twice as long as normal business clearance to refund?

Isn't it funny how the money can disappear from your account instantly, yet takes twice as long as normal business clearance to refund?

Exactly!! I said to her, it took you seconds to take my money, why does it take 10 days to pay it back. Her reply...?

"its an automated service"

Lucky for her, we werent speaking face to face.....

Yeah, but you cancel when you ahve stopped dieting and so don't need it

Totally agree with you there

I was more than a bit ticked off with the billing system for that reason too, the 2 months in the space of a matter of weeks is a racket. Like you say you dont need it when you cancel. I cancelled mine when I changed diets but it was weeks before it expired... their billing system leaves a lot to be desired.

I bet theres loads of people caught out with the free trial.

Last edited:
ergh sorry to hear your trouble hun! i like you cancelled mine very soon, about 4 days in, and they took about a week to get back to me! it's ridiculous! definitely complain to head office xxx

Hopefully, I'll get my refund ( although having checked the site, my account is STILL ACTIVE) and then I might get in contact with head office - maybe you nice peeps could help me draft an email/letter...? xx

I would offer to help you draft the letter, but my last email to customer services was ignored, despite the automatic response I received assuring me I would have a response, within 24 hours wherever possible, so I feel I may not be much use!!

Back