I hate yogurt/cottage cheese/Fromage frais- will I like quark based recipes?!

law3a3m

Gold Member
Hi!

Basically I HATE white and creamy foods- yogurt, cream, cottage cheese, Fromage frais etc. yet weirdly i like cheesecake?!?! a lot of recipes use quark. Now I know quark definitely falls into the white and creamy category but if it's in something (in particular the lasagne white sauce) will it taste creamy or will it blend in and be ok? Same for the sweet recipes using quark....cheesecake is missing from my life!

I tried the quark and fromage frais when I first started SW, adding them into various recipes... personally find them vile tasting - would rather spend my syns on the proper ingredient than use them instead.

I largely get by without using them at all though. I tend to just eat free meals all the time and avoid recipes that have quark or fromage frais in them.

Thanks for the advice guys! I've bought a pot and am about to make the 1/2 syn roulade.....proof is in the pudding and all that! Will let you know how I find it xxx

I too would have suggested buying some & trying it out, I find quark very versatile it can be sweet or savoury, let us know what you think.

Well I made the roulade and mixed an options hot chocolate into the filling. The 'sponge' part was nice- quite cake-y and didn't taste any quark but the filling was not very nice. All I could taste was a sour creamy taste that made me feel sick. So yes to the quark cake, no to the quark filling xx

Yum yum I will try that! There is a few recipes but I'm no cook and prefer really simple yet tasty food I adore cheese cake so even if it kind of resembles it that will do for me :)

Well I made the roulade and mixed an options hot chocolate into the filling. The 'sponge' part was nice- quite cake-y and didn't taste any quark but the filling was not very nice. All I could taste was a sour creamy taste that made me feel sick. So yes to the quark cake, no to the quark filling xx
Totally with you on this one! I have tried soooo many times to like the quark/sweetener/choc combo but no matter how much sweetener I put in I can still taste the sourness so now I just syn a little squirty low fat cream (Anchor) . Bliss

I also dislike Yogurts, Quark and other similar products so I was surprised when Mullerlight produced these 6 packs My favourite is the cherry ones but you must syn them!
Here is my version of cheesecake............

Pete’s No Cook Cheese Cake-2

Serves 4

(2.75 syn per portion)

Ingredients

1 tbsp. sweetener
1 tbsp. Philadelphia soft cheese/ Cadbury Chocolate flavour (2/4=0.5 syn per portion)
2 tsp Oetker Gelatine granules (free)
6 Sainsbury’s “Basic” Rich Tea biscuits (crushed up) (9/4=2.25 syn per portion)
12cm loose base cake tin
165g Muller Light fat free yogurt “Mint sprinkled with Dark Chocolate” (ff)

Method

In a small food processor, whisk the biscuits until they resemble bread crumbs, then place in a bowl, add just enough hot water to mix together, Place in the cake tin and press down until level, then place in the fridge to chill.
Place 2tbsp of hot water into a Pyrex dish and add 2tsp of gelatine mix together, if it is getting cold then place in a saucepan with hot water on a low heat, continue until all the gelatine has melted.
In another bowl mix the Philadelphia, Muller Light & sweetener add the hot gelatine & mix until smooth, tip into the baking ring and place back into the fridge until set.

Cheesecake.JPGCheesecake-2.JPGCheesecake-3.JPG

Since making this I have tried using Ginger biscuits, lovely taste, just re-syn them!

Thanks for that bilsat. I actually love yoghurt so long as its just yoghurt, cant stand it as a substitute for cream with sweetener in it, or quark with sweetener in it. Isnt it just as well wer're all different eh! :)

Which yoghurts do you like bilsat? I would love to like yoghurt even if i has to syn them but everytime I try the texture makes me feel sick :(

Jezziiiii!!! LOVE the *cheesecake*! Its like the real thing...nom! :D x

I normally don't like the taste of yogurt but the Mullerlight in the 6 pack,is very nice, vanilla with sprinkled chocolate (free) or the orange (free) or my favourite, the vanilla with chocolate sprinkles and a rich black cherry compote (1.5 syns) but worth it for the taste, I have contacted Muller to see if it will appear on it's own.

Back